news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 01-08-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Tupac Shakur auditioned for Jedi role in 'Star Wars': report

Quote:
Rapper Tupac Shakur reportedly auditioned for a starring role in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace before his death in 1996.

The California Love hitmaker ventured into acting during the last few years of his life, and he was close to landing what could have been the role of his dreams - as Jedi Master Mace Windu in the 1999 installment of the epic space opera franchise.

In a recent interview for the fan website 2Pac-Forum.com, former Death Row Records engineer Rick Clifford reveals Shakur told him he was up for the iconic role.

Clifford says, "Pac found out that I worked for Brian Austin Green, who was on (Beverly Hills) 90210, then he found out I worked on some movies, so we always talked about his film career and stuff.

"He was telling me that he was supposed to read for George Lucas and them. They wanted him to be a Jedi. I'm serious. Samuel L. Jackson got Tupac's part. Tupac said to me, 'Old man, keep your fingers crossed.' He said, 'I've got three movies coming up. One of them, I've got to read for George Lucas.'"

While it is not clear exactly when Shakur would have auditioned for the filmmaker, Episode I began filming in 1997, less than a year after he was murdered in a drive-by shooting in Las Vegas in September, 1996.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/01/08/...ar-wars-report

diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:22 PM   #2
MistaBPL

MistaBPL shaolin monk

Man that is just sad; while it may not have made the Star Wars films better, it would of been amazing to see Tupac on the big screen as a Jedi. He would of outacted all of the other actors bar none nuff' said.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:44 PM   #3
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Certainly would have made that 2 hour toy commercial more bearable.

Can you imagine if instead of Luke played by Mark pussy Hamill, it was Pac Skywalker played by Pac? Like an adult version of Star Wars with sexy alien bitches, intergalactic thug life and Yoda hitting blunts? Greatest movie ever.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote