news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 01-12-2014, 10:55 AM   #1
hashashin
Be Seeing You

hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Tarantino's New Western is The Hateful Eight

Quote:
Quentin Tarantino is gearing up for another ride in the saddle. For his first movie since 2012's Django Unchained, the director is going back to the Western genre with a script called The Hateful Eight, which he hopes to direct this summer, according to sources. (Another source said there is no timetable at this stage.)

The title suggests Tarantino could be upping the ante, playing off the title of John Sturges' 1960 film The Magnificent Seven, which in turn was a remake of Akira Kurosawa's 1954 Seven Samurai.

No one has been cast yet, but Tarantino has reached out to veteran casting director Victoria Thomas, who worked on Django, to work with him on casting the movie, say several insiders. A part has been written for Christoph Waltz, who starred in Tarantino's Django and Inglourious Basterds.

Pilar Savone, who served as a producer on Django and acted as an associate producer on Tarantinoís Inglourious Basterds and Death Proof after being his assistant, is producing Hateful Eight.

Itís unclear who is financing and who will distribute, although the Weinstein Co. is the most likely candidate to be involved in both capacities, due to its long-standing relationship with the filmmaker.

In November, Tarantino revealed that he was working on a new script and that it would be a Western. But he didnít reveal a title or suggest a timetable for making it. Tarantino has in the past mentioned projects he was working on but ended up shelving them. Basterds famously took a decade to hit the screen as he worked and reworked the script.

"I had so much fun doing Django, and I love westerns so much that after I taught myself how to make one, it's like 'OK! Let me make another one now that I know what I'm doing,'" Tarantino told Jay Leno in November when he appeared on The Tonight Show.

Tarantino has long loved the Western genre and in the post-Pulp Fiction era in the mid-to-late 1990s tried to adapt Elmore Leonardís 40 Lashes Less One, about two prisoners, an Apache and a black soldier, who must hunt down five outlaws to earn their freedom.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...ie-sets-668946

Glad to see Christoph Waltz will have a role in this, he's been brilliant in the last two Tarantino films!
hashashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:56 AM   #2
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

stoked

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:18 AM   #3
hashashin
Be Seeing You

hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Me too! Was kind of hoping for some news on Kill Bill 3 but this will suffice lol
Old 01-13-2014, 02:27 AM   #4
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

I think hes done with Kill Bill. I'm glad personally, their my least favorite of his.

I guess this also means Killer Crow his film about a black WW2 troop is off for now too.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:39 AM   #5
hashashin
Be Seeing You

I remember reading about that Killer Crow movie, had forgot all about it. I think it was meant to be tied in with Inglorious Basterds somehow. He's probably got a load of ideas that never came to fruition
Old 01-13-2014, 08:57 AM   #6
Reiko
King Of The Jungle!

Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashashin View Post
Glad to see Christoph Waltz will have a role in this, he's been brilliant in the last two Tarantino films!
yes
Reiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:35 PM   #7
APOLLO STASH
Advanced Pawn

APOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of fury
Default Tarantino's new script leaked, Tarantino pissed...so am I >:O

Moviegoers eager to return to the Wild West with "Django Unchained" writer-director Quentin Tarantino shouldn't hold their breath, as the filmmaker has reportedly put his ensemble western "The Hateful Eight" on hold after the script leaked.

According to a Deadline report, Tarantino gave the script to a handful of actors and one of them or their representatives allowed it to get out into the wild. Tarantino is so irate over the leak that he will now no longer direct the film as his next project, he said. Instead he plans to publish the screenplay and possibly revisit it in the coming years.

"I'm very, very depressed," Tarantino told Deadline. "I finished a script, a first draft, and I didn't mean to shoot it until next winter, a year from now. I gave it to six people, and apparently it's gotten out today."

Tarantino learned of the leak when his agent, Mike Simpson, began receiving phone calls about the script. The director said he had given the "Hateful Eight" script to three actors he has worked with before: Michael Madsen, Bruce Dern and Tim Roth.

Tarantino absolved Roth and said, "One of the others let their agent read it, and that agent has now passed it on to everyone in Hollywood. I don't know how these Ö agents work, but I'm not making this next. I'm going to publish it, and that's it for now." He added, "I've got 10 more where that came from."

Back in November, Tarantino went on "The Tonight Show" and told Jay Leno his next film would be a western. "I had so much fun making 'Django' and I love westerns so much, that after I taught myself how to make one I thought, it's like, wow OK, let me make another one now that I know what I'm doing," he said.

Tarantino fans do have reason to be hopeful, however, as the director admitted, "I could totally change my mind." He also said he has another script in mind. "The idea was, I was going to write two scripts," Tarantino said. "I wasn't going to shoot the western until next winter, and I have been full of piss and vinegar about the other one. So now Iíll do that one."

APOLLO STASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:24 PM   #8
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Lol, i don't care either way, whatever he comes up with is pure gold.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:33 PM   #9
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

Location: SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
"I've got 10 more where that came from."
haha!! gotta love his big ass head

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:52 PM   #10
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Sigh

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:09 PM   #11
Guarded By Martyrs
There R No Strings On Me

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Oh well....just have to wait even longer than usual.

But it's always worth the wait.

Guarded By Martyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:11 AM   #12
hashashin
Be Seeing You

shiiit, was looking forward to this as well! As said though, I'm sure whatever he puts out next will be worth waiting for
Old 01-23-2014, 07:07 AM   #13
J.T.S.
God Of WAr

J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

One of the greatest movie directors ever!

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
Hell razah
J.T.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:57 PM   #14
chiba
N.I.

chiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venoms

i read online that this film will be shelved because the script was leaked out

tarantino said "i got 10 more where that came from"
lol

posted here if you want more info

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=126377

hope the next movie he puts out has Christoph Waltz in it!
hes a great actor !!

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Last edited by chiba; 01-23-2014 at 11:13 PM.
chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:16 PM   #15
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

Location: SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR
food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quentin Tarantino sues Gawker over leak of 'Hateful Eight' script -- BREAKING

Quentin Tarantino is out for revenge — no kidding this time.
The Oscar-winning screenwriter of Pulp Fiction and Django Unchained has filed a copyright infringement lawsuit against Gawker Media for publishing his script for the planned Western The Hateful Eight, a project he says he has now shelved because of the leak.

The lawsuit filed today in U.S. District Court states: “Jury trial demanded.”
GET MORE EW: Subscribe to the magazine for only 33Ę an issue!

The document is signed by famed entertainment attorney Martin Singer, but the text of the lawsuit sounds a lot like Tarantino himself: “Gawker Media has made a business of predatory journalism, violating people’s rights to make a buck. This time they went too far,” it reads. “Rather than merely publishing a news story reporting that Plaintiff’s screenplay may have been circulating in Hollywood without his permission, Gawker Media crossed the
journalistic line by promoting itself to the public as the first source to read the entire Screenplay illegally. Their headline boasts ‘Here Is the Leaked Quentin Tarantino Hateful Eight Script’ – ‘Here,’ not someplace else, but ‘Here’ on the Gawker website”

The main thing enraging the director were several hyperlinks directing readers to download the screenplay themselves. “There was nothing newsworthy or journalistic about Gawker Media facilitating and encouraging the public’s violation of Plaintiff’s copyright in the Screenplay, and it’s conduct will not shield Gawker Media from liability for their unlawful activity,” the lawsuit states.

Tarantino claims he distributed the script to a small handful of people, and discovered on Jan. 21 that unauthorized copies were making the rounds, “albeit in a limited manner (i.e., online search engine searches for a copy of the script, through January 23, did not have any positive results).” The lawsuit also states: “After learning of the leak, Plaintiff decided to postpone working on the movie, and stated publicly — in an interview that was widely reported in the media — that he intended to publish it.”

The filmmaker alleges the script might have stayed out of the public eye until Gawker published this story the next day: Quentin Tarantino Throws Temper Tantrum After Script Leak.

The suit asserts that Gawker “actively solicited its readers to provide it with an unauthorized infringing copy of the Screenplay, stating “if anyone would like to … leak the script to us, please do so at [redacted email address].”

If Gawker hadn’t published their findings, Tarantino believes “that the general public would not have known about or found the complete copy of the Screenplay,” according to the suit, which also names anonymous users of the website AnonFiles.com as defendants, for allegedly uploading his screenplay to that site.

Tarantino is seeking an injunction against the sites that would stop them from further disseminating the screenplay, and asks the court for unspecified damages exceeding $1 million.

The filmmaker’s reps declined to comment on the lawsuit. Gawker publisher Nick Denton also did not immediately respond for request for his site’s side of the story, and a request left with the general media inquiry address has not yet been answered.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/01/2...ript-breaking/

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote