news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 01-11-2014, 02:01 PM   #1
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury
Default Why Did Spike Lee Call Arsenio Hall A Uncle Tom?

I was watching a old interview with Arsenio on CNN when Don Lemon talked to him about returning to tv to have a talk show. Arsenio said that Spike called him a uncle tom but he didn't say why. Anybody know why? Spike always trying to start some controversy. Arsenio ain't no damn uncle tom. I would like for Spike to tell me any white talk show host who has a lot of black celebrities on their show. Please tell me that Spike because Arsenio is the only black talk show host who has a lot of black celebrities on his show who haven't gotten exposure on white talk shows. In case Spike hasn't realized this, Arsenio has to make his white boss happy so he can stay on tv because his white boss signs his paycheck. I'm sure Arsenio isn't a asskisser because i know his white boss didn't want rappers on his show and he had them on there. Arsenio i heard was fired the first time his talk show was on because he was gonna have minister Farrakhan on there.

Spike Lee always wanna talk shit about people and i usually agree with the stuff he says on different issues but i don't hear him talking about why he's done shitty movies the last several years hahahahahahahahaha. Now he has to ask strangers for money so he can make movies because movie companies i guess aren't giving him money because his movies aren't making money. His last movie Oldboy shouldn't have been made LOL. I think Summer Of Sam was his last good movie. Mira Sorvino and Jennifer Esposito were hot in that. John Leguizamo was a idiot for cheating on Mira.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:55 PM   #2
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

The reason his show was canceled was cause the ratings got lower. The last straw was when he had old geezer Farakhan on and he gave Farakhan the whole time slot to talk, even though other guests were supposed to be on during that episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:27 PM   #3
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

That's pretty pathetic when established celebrities try to take advantage of platforms like Kickstarter. That's not what these platforms were intended for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:47 PM   #4
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

What is Kickstarter intended for? Spike Lee needs to stop complaining about the movie industry being racist and realize that his time is done. Nobody wants to see his movies anymore. It's sad that there's only a handful of black movie directors left when there was a lot of them in the 80's and 90's.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:23 PM   #5
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

It's intended for people who aren't established to get funding for their projects because other means are either unavailable or inaccessible to them. If you're already a celebrity or have cash and connections, you need to fuck off.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:18 PM   #6
madchild
FU-MAN

madchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
It's sad that there's only a handful of black movie directors left when there was a lot of them in the 80's and 90's.
You have a good point there. I scanned the last 500 movies I've seen and only came up with the following black directors.

I don't think it helps that a lot of aging baby boomer actors and high-profile actors are getting into directing, rather than acting roles. It seems Hollywood would rather back those directors where they can make revenue off of the actor's name alone. ie. Clint Eastwood, Sean Penn, Ed Harris, Ben Affleck, Mark Wahlberg, Ben Stiller, Sylvester Stallone, Kevin Costner, George Clooney, Billy Bob Thorton, Tim Robbins, Steve Buscemi, Tommy Lee Jones, etc. Why they are all white, who knows.
madchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:49 AM   #7
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

LOL@Dr Simon Hurt. I agree with that. Spike should have enough money to make movies since he's been directing a long time. Yeah Madchild i don't know why black actors aren't taking a interest in directing because like the white actors you named, they're directing movies. Denzel Washington directed 2 movies which were Antwone Fisher and The Great Debaters and those are good movies. I guess a lot of black actors aren't interested in directing.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:31 PM   #8
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

And yet..spike is the one guy who started the whole kickstarter-esque trend. Do u know the history of how he funded his movies?..

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:37 PM   #9
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

How did Spike fund his movies in the beginning? I'm sure he probably used some credit cards to direct She's Gotta Have It.