news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 01-17-2014, 09:33 AM   #1
Jammin
Veteran Member

Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Popa Wu: Raekwon’s Issues Over Money Delaying Wu-Tang Clan Album

(AllHipHop News) Last year RZA mentioned that one of things holding up the new Wu-Tang Clan album was Raekwon’s lack of participation. While RZA later expressed hope that Rae would “put some of the business to the side” and contribute verses for the project, Popa Wu tells Forbz DVD that issues over money are still blocking Raekwon from joining back up with the WU.

“[The album] is here already. It’s just got to be closed up by Rae,” says Popa. “RZA is head of this game right now. It’s just that Raekwon is compromising… When you a person that never had nothing and then when you get something and then it’s [taken] away from you, it’s hard to adjust back.”

The man who appeared on Raekwon’s “North Star (Jewels)” track off Only Built 4 Cuban Linx… goes on to give more information about the supposed riff between RZA and Rae. According to Popa Wu, RZA was blamed for some financial problems members of the Wu were allegedly facing.

“They think RZA did some old crazy stuff. RZA did what he did. You forgot he took y’all n***as from nothing and made y’all something. In my mind, I don’t think he would do that to you. He was just smarter,” adds Popa. “It was up to you to learn it. He’s not suppose to teach you the business, and you mad with him for that. That’s personal. We did this music s**t for love. It wasn’t supposed to be about no money.”

Despite these apparent problems, Wu-Tang Clan recently tweeted that their reunion album A Better Tomorrow is close to being released.

http://allhiphop.com/2014/01/17/popa...ng-clan-album/
Old 01-17-2014, 10:21 AM   #2
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Young Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal son

Money, it figures. Rae isn't in this for the love of rhyming, his checks have to cash first. It's sad, really. As Papa Wu said, he came from NOTHING, but is now "too important" to close out the saga if he doesn't get his cut up front? Very unfortunate...

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:50 AM   #3
sinfullycute
Veteran Member

sinfullycute iron monkeysinfullycute iron monkeysinfullycute iron monkeysinfullycute iron monkey

So pay him, if you want him on the album. If Rza is so smart and so rich, then there is money there. Do you know anyone who works for free?
sinfullycute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:26 PM   #4
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinfullycute View Post
So pay him, if you want him on the album. If Rza is so smart and so rich, then there is money there. Do you know anyone who works for free?
Why should Rae get special treatment you goofy bitch. This fat asshole is the only member being a prick.

Straight up fuck him, hes 44 and thinks hes going to crossover lmao.

I'd rather they don't put him on the album.

Last edited by PANDA PISS; 01-17-2014 at 12:28 PM.
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
food for thought
Black Star Line'r

food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Why should Rae get special treatment you goofy bitch.
lmfao!!

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:39 PM   #6
food for thought
Black Star Line'r

food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinfullycute View Post
lmfao do you honestly think they are trying to get him to work for "free"?

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:56 PM   #7
APOLLO STASH
Bag 40s like cougar town

APOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
Why should Rae get special treatment you goofy bitch. This fat asshole is the only member being a prick.

Straight up fuck him, hes 44 and thinks hes going to crossover lmao.

I'd rather they don't put him on the album.

LOL. and god damn, raekwon 44? i don't even wanna look up GZA

APOLLO STASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:11 PM   #8
BIRDCAGE
Vintage Wu

BIRDCAGE iron monkeyBIRDCAGE iron monkeyBIRDCAGE iron monkeyBIRDCAGE iron monkey

Nice interview, there are more parts.

Last edited by BIRDCAGE; 01-17-2014 at 02:16 PM.
BIRDCAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:42 PM   #9
BigKing.nl
Veteran Member

BigKing.nl prodigal sonBigKing.nl prodigal sonBigKing.nl prodigal sonBigKing.nl prodigal sonBigKing.nl prodigal sonBigKing.nl prodigal son

Melf.nl bazencommunity
BigKing.nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:04 AM   #10
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

What a surprise

Popa Wu'z Da Man

8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:32 AM   #11
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I can see RZA just saying "fuck it" and dropping the album. I predict Rae's album will then flop and he will look an idiot over all of this.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:06 PM   #12
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
I can see RZA just saying "fuck it" and dropping the album. I predict Rae's album will then flop and he will look an idiot over all of this.
ditto

8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:13 PM   #13
BigKing.nl
Veteran Member

BigKing.nl prodigal sonBigKing.nl prodigal sonBigKing.nl prodigal sonBigKing.nl prodigal sonBigKing.nl prodigal sonBigKing.nl prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
Yeah, just like with 8 Diagrams when he released Cuban Linx 2 to critical acclaim. He might be the only one who really knows what the people wanna hear. And with people I don't mean Wu-stans. Wu-stans are weird as fuck. They listen to GZA, Masta Killa, U-God and some Killa Beez that made a video with their cellphone.

Melf.nl bazencommunity
Old 01-19-2014, 12:16 PM   #14
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing.nl View Post
He might be the only one who really knows what the people wanna hear.
U referring to RZA or Rae?

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:24 PM   #15
BigKing.nl
Veteran Member

Rae. RZA is fine for film scores or Broadway..

Melf.nl bazencommunity