news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: Rate the Album (10 is best)
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 1 50.00%
9 1 50.00%
10 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
tha realness
85 %ER

tha realness shaolin monk
Default Little Vic - Each Dawn I Die

Tracklist

1. Each Dawn I Die

Producer – Lunatik Mind

2. Its My Turn

Producer – Velotz

3. The Evil That Men Do

Producer – Buckwild

4. Dying Slowly

Producer – Double Shots

5. This Is What It Sounds Like

Producer – Double Shots

6. Love Hurts

Producer – Double Shots

7. The Excorcist

Producer – DJ Premier

8. After All Ive Done

Producer – Velotz

9. Caked Up

Featuring – Kool G Rap Producer – Big KO

10. Sister Morphine

Producer – Sly Vest

11. Carry The Weight

Producer – Double Shots

I'm suprised I'm the first to review this- I would say this is one of the best albums of the last decade. I'll admit, it took me a while to listen to this (I try to avoid most rappers with "Little" in their name) but this is some real boom bap shit. Vic has a sick flow and advanced rhymes with witty lyrics. The production is also top notch.

My favorite tracks are "Carry The Weight", "After All I've Done" and "It's My Turn". This album is a must hear in my opinion, criminally slept on my the masses.

Overall, I'll give it 9.5/10

Give it a spin and tell me what you think
Old 01-22-2014, 02:29 PM   #2
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Undeservedly overlooked album. I remember some mixtape that came out by Vic right before this that was pretty good as well, can't remember the name of it though, and I lost it when my hdd crashed..

It picks up a little slow with decent beats, but not enough to make up for Vic's rather weak delivery. He got a good flow, but really no voice to stand out from the run-of-the-mill rappers. The Evil That Men Do is the first track that really stands out. Dope beat by Buckwild that fits Vic perfectly. "It's for the money / not the root of evil, but a branch of it / Ego blends it in with temptation, can be cancerous"..

Dying Slowly follows it up well, but the chorus is rather weak. Vic's trying to sing on a couple of hooks on this, and he honestly just ain't much of a singer, dude got that "rapper singing hooks almost charmingly bad"-style. After Dying Slowly, the album falls a bit in quality, before it picks up with the DJ Premier produced The Exorcist, which is the real gem of the album. The album continues going strong, with all songs coming after The Exorcist being dope, rememberable joints. Some nice production, a great collab with Kool G Rap and dope flows adds up to an enjoyable listen by a somewhat forgettable, although talented (but like he says himself, "some for the content, all for delivery"), rapper.

Noteable tracks: The Evil That Men Do, The Exorcist, Caked Up, Sister Morphine

7.75/10

Anyone know what happened to this dude by the way? Never heard anything after this album dropped.

Last edited by GhettoGnom; 01-22-2014 at 02:31 PM.
GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:01 PM   #3
tha realness
85 %ER

tha realness shaolin monk

Anyone know what happened to this dude by the way? Never heard anything after this album dropped.[/QUOTE]

Check out his "Man On Fire" mixtape, pretty dope
Old 01-23-2014, 11:04 PM   #4
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah I purchased the CD of this when it dropped, he always seems to be working on music but nothing every gets released.

MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote