news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 09-18-2008, 10:11 PM   #46
J-DON
Veteran Member

J-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakonitgod View Post
Start with DJ Shadow's "Endtroducing", then follow up with Portishead's "Dummy".

I have both!

I got

Dummy
Portishead
Third
Maxinquaye
Nearly God
Pre-Millenium Tension
Endtroducing
Blue Lines
Mezzanine

and if you count Bjork i got all her shits

I just wanna know what im missing
J-DON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:47 AM   #47
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Maybe check out these:

Wagon Christ - Throbbing Pouch
Nightmares on Wax - Smoker Delight / Carboot Soul
Thievery Corporation - The Mirror Conspiracy / The Richest Man in Babylon
UNKLE - Psyence Fiction
DJ Krush - Kakusei / Zen
Howie B - Snatch / Folk
Guts - Le Bienheureux

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #48
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms
Default Trip-Hop???

what is this?

obviously i got thinkin bout this cos of the genre name....

Aka. Living Proof
www.myspace.com/hiphop4infinite
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #49
Tage
John W. Henry

Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tage Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Trip hop is a music genre also known as the Bristol sound. The trip hop description was applied to the musical trend in the mid-1990s of downtempo electronic music that grew out of England's hip hop and house scenes. It is often rejected as a term by those artists to whom it is applied. It has also been described as "Europe's alternative of choice in the second half of the '90s", and a one-up fusion "of Hip-Hop and Electronica until neither genre is recognizable." [1] It is thus categorized as a fairly experimental genre, and sometimes with elements of Dance.
The style is characterized by the reliance on breakbeats and a sample-heavy, often moody sound pioneered by Coldcut's remix of Eric B. & Rakim's "Paid in Full". Trip hop gained notice via popular artists such as Massive Attack, Portishead, Tricky, Thievery Corporation, Amon Tobin, and rock-influenced sound groups such as Ruby, California's DJ Shadow, Cut Chemist, Unkle, and the UK's Gorillaz, Howie B., Morcheeba, originating from Hythe in Kent, Londoners Glideascope, New York's Bowery Electric, and Seattle's Anomie Belle[2] are also often associated with this sound. Massive Attack's debut album Blue Lines, is seen as the "blueprint" for the genre[3]
Old 06-06-2009, 08:07 AM   #50
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms

well ive youtube several Massive Attack songs and im not liking tbh. its too laid back for me.

i only asked because i came across a youtube vid that was titled 'trip hop beat' so i listened and it wasnt that bad....

Aka. Living Proof
www.myspace.com/hiphop4infinite
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #51
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah, i wouldn't bother listening to any other trip hop.

You've already gone to the immense trouble of investigating 'a couple of Massive Attack track on youtube'.

That probably represents the whole genre.

I wouldn't bother going to the supreme effort of looking at a couple of the youtube links on the first page.

Last edited by Longbongcilvaringz; 06-06-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #52
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ill go through this thread later when I have time but can you guys recommend some dope artists?

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:50 PM   #53
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Tycho

Old 02-13-2014, 05:53 PM   #54
food for thought
Duppy Conquerer

nevermind, theres a lot of recommendations here

Old 02-13-2014, 06:24 PM   #55
Poison Flowerz!
7 Golden Vampirez

Poison Flowerz! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Poison Flowerz! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Poison Flowerz! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Poison Flowerz! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Poison Flowerz! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Poison Flowerz! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Poison Flowerz! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Poison Flowerz! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Poison Flowerz! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Poison Flowerz! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Poison Flowerz! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

https://poisonflowerz.bandcamp.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/PoiSoNFLoWeRZ
https://www.facebook.com/PFLoWeRZ404
☰ ☲ ☱ ☴ ☵ ☶ ☳ ☷ ☰ ☲ ☱ ☴ ☵ ☶ ☳ ☷ ☰ ☲ ☱ ☴ ☵ ☶ ☳ ☷
Poison Flowerz! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:08 AM   #56
Longbongcilvaringz

Tycho makes cool stuff. Tricky released a decent album a couple of years ago i think. I guess trip hop kind of died as a genre due to the how changeable electronic music is now. Genre's don't really apply to most new beat/bass/instrumental/electronica anymore.

Thread reminds me of good music that i haven't listened to for years. Kind of a shame this forum has died, because i could go talk about music like this forever.