news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 02-25-2014, 03:38 PM   #1
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)
Default American Hustle

I just watched this movie and I was a bit surprised as to what this movie was about.

With all the ads of the actors/actresses wearing all this 70s glamour attire I thought this movie was going to be about drug smugglers.

LMAO when I found out it was about con artists.

The acting was great. Jennifer Lawrence, Amy Adams and Christian Bale are all good actors and they make this film enjoyable.

I will definitely watch it again because of some of the plot turns.

This movie is listed as a Comedy Drama i seen no comedy in this movie except for a couple of Jennifer Lawrence scenes.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:26 PM   #2
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

What do yall think?
Old 03-01-2014, 07:51 AM   #3
Reiko
gwynbleidd

Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

just got it, think I'm gonna watch it tonight. I've read about it lately and people weren't delighted, but still gon' check it out coz of Bale I think. big fan of his work
Reiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:14 PM   #4
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

this ho
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:03 AM   #5
madchild
FU-MAN

madchild prodigal sonmadchild prodigal sonmadchild prodigal sonmadchild prodigal sonmadchild prodigal sonmadchild prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI View Post
I will definitely watch it again because of some of the plot turns.

This movie is listed as a Comedy Drama i seen no comedy in this movie except for a couple of Jennifer Lawrence scenes.
I thought Amy Adams gave a great performance but the rest of the cast became caricatures. To the point that I think Bradley Cooper was a miscast (played the role comically) but since the director has worked with him in the past (Limitless, Silver Linings Playbook) and had success because of his popularity gave him the part. It wasn't a flat out comedy but it's fitting as a Comedy Drama listing. Louie C.K. was a pleasant surprise and I think he acted well.

I've come to the conclusion, I don't really care for David Russell movies. I would have liked this movie more if they took a more serious direction and directed it like Donnie Brasco.

As far as a plot is concerned, I too feel like I need to watch this movie again because I don't think there was one.

Quote:
According to Christian Bale much of the movie was improvised. So, during the shooting of the film he noted to David O. Russell, "You realize that this is going to change the plot greatly down track." To which the director replied, "Christian, I hate plots. I am all about characters, that's it."
Having recently watched "Doubt", I never noticed Amy Adams beauty. See reminds me of a less hot Erica Campbell and I was hoping she got naked in this movie.
madchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:46 AM   #6
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI

Yeah. I thought Amy Adams would have done a better job as Marily Monroe.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #7
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Props to ShaDynasty for posting pictures of Jennifer Lawrence looking sexy from American Hustle. Jennifer is hot and she got a nice body. I'm gonna check out American Hustle when it comes to video this month. Bradley Cooper plays in some boring movies but i liked him in The A Team and Christian Bale is a good actor. LOL@Samuel Jackson and a white cop beating up Christian in a alley and they took his money that he was gonna give to Jeffrey Wright to kill a white woman in Shaft movie hahahahahaha. When they ran off with his bag of money, Christian said fuck LOL. When Christian went to Jeffrey to tell him what happened, Jeffrey told him that he gotta sell drugs to make back the money that got stolen from him and Christian said you gotta be shitting me LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
Quote:
I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:07 PM   #8
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

I saw American Hustle and it's alright. I'm gonna have to see it again because i fell asleep on most of it. From what i saw, i liked it. Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence are hot. Bradley Cooper does a lot of boring movies but i like him. I'm glad he was in The A Team movie. I was surprised Jeremy Renner was in American Hustle. He's a good actor and i liked him in The Town with Ben Affleck. I also saw another movie he did with Gabrielle Union called Neo Ned and he played a racist but he had a love relationship with Gabrielle.

Quote:
The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
Quote:
I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:15 AM   #9
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Watched this the other night, pretty much agree with everyone else on here.

I enjoyed it but I didn't expect so many comedy moments littered throughout, which messed with the flow of the film for me, and I think it would have been better as just a straight drama.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:50 AM   #10
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

Decent movie. Great acting. + surprise role by Robert De Niro

8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:49 PM   #11
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

It wasn't Oscar worthy.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:00 PM   #12
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI

Agreed^
Old 06-13-2014, 05:52 PM   #13
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The movie was overhyped when it came out, its an ok flick but nothing special. People were comparing it to Goodfellas lol. Just because it has a good cast doesn't mean it will be a good flick.

And am i the only who thinks J-Law is overrated?
Old 06-16-2014, 09:44 PM   #14
IrOnMaN
I understand

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I personally thought that this was a good film. Great acting but the story was decent.
IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:49 AM   #15
5th state
ballin' on a budget

5th state fist of fury5th state fist of fury5th state fist of fury5th state fist of fury5th state fist of fury5th state fist of fury5th state fist of fury5th state fist of fury5th state fist of fury5th state fist of fury5th state fist of fury

Really enjoyable movie. Engaging story. All the actors were on point, including Jennifer Lawrence.
The only dude, that I have time for outta the fake Wu tang affiliates is Raadddrr Van.
Quote:
I wish all the bad people on this earth could be killed and the good people be the only ones on this earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by christbearer View Post
SIMPLE HUMAN ERROR, ME NOT BEING HUMAN OF COURSE
5th state is offline   Reply With Quote