news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Lab > Audio Booth

Old 02-25-2014, 07:24 PM   #16
Drunken Monk
The ABBOTT

Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa BB View Post
wish I could get some right now. lol
you got it
Drunken Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:48 PM   #17
Killa BB
Online Now

Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I understand that you adore me. But you need not show it so much. It's actually more annoying than cute.

A word of advice: If you're older than 4, being mean to the girls you like will not get you any play so you should probably develop a new flirting tactic.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:32 PM   #18
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

I don't know what you are using to make these with, sounds like the maschine or however its spelt.

these aren't terrible, the sounds you picked to use aren't the best, but that's my ear and the pitching of them sounds a bit off to my ear.

drums aren't terrible, the kicks need more presence, and the snare needs more snap. it does sound like it was quantized (which means snapped to be on perfect time, if you didn't know). part of what makes a great beat imo, is the natural swing that comes from slight human errors

mostly I would just work on mixing, the beat had good progression. everything else takes time and effort. but for a first go, I can hear potential.

don't mind Monk, if I remember his first beat he dropped here was actually just a Tragedy Khadafi beat

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:52 PM   #19
Drunken Monk
The ABBOTT

Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Drunken Monk Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

lmao dude, you are wrong. do a good research
Old 02-25-2014, 09:53 PM   #20
Drunken Monk
The ABBOTT

Quote:
I understand that you adore me.
lol
Old 02-25-2014, 10:29 PM   #21
Killa BB
Online Now

Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Killa BB Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MASON View Post
I don't know what you are using to make these with, sounds like the maschine or however its spelt.

these aren't terrible, the sounds you picked to use aren't the best, but that's my ear and the pitching of them sounds a bit off to my ear.

drums aren't terrible, the kicks need more presence, and the snare needs more snap. it does sound like it was quantized (which means snapped to be on perfect time, if you didn't know). part of what makes a great beat imo, is the natural swing that comes from slight human errors

mostly I would just work on mixing, the beat had good progression. everything else takes time and effort. but for a first go, I can hear potential.

don't mind Monk, if I remember his first beat he dropped here was actually just a Tragedy Khadafi beat
Thanks man! All I'm using right now is FL. I figured it'd be a cool starter tool for getting the feel of it. And it's all a lot easier than I thought. The composition is anyway. Perfecting the mixing & mastering is the tricky part. But just gimmie a minute... Never takes me long to learn what I want to learn.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:44 PM   #22
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

nice. I been using FL Studio for the last 5 years or so. its pretty handy once you figure the essentials out and theres a lot more to it then most people think

just keep exploring the plug in (compressors, vsts, eqs and what not) then branch out from the stock sounds and gather up a bunch of your own unique drum kits.

I think its best to build up your own library of drum sounds, and work with those. but there are plenty of drum kits you can download, just doesn't have an authentic vibe like when you create your own

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:36 PM   #23
GRANDMASSIVE.
BBW SLAYER

GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to GRANDMASSIVE.

The first time beat dosent sound bad at all, the bassline sounds good however as Mason mentioned yyou could have used better sounds to compliment each other. I also feel that the sound levels are really low, drums & kicks should bang & the bassline should thump. You might wanna fuck with the eq for that.
The violinical beat was good imo esp towards the middle/end with the progression of the elements of sounds you were using. Both may be missing a simple element here & there but overall not bad for your 1st joints. Just work on eq'ing to make your joints bang. In due time you will get better & master your craft & possibly even develop you own signature sound as I did when I was comminng up.
I myself don't mess with cpu software for music, I like hands on creation but possibly in the near future look to evolve in FL or some other vst's.
Ill be looking forward BB to see how you progess in your production. Add me on reverbnation. peace

http://www.reverbnation.com/grandmas...wchristshabazz
http://www.soundclick.com/grandmassive
GRANDMASSIVE. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:45 PM   #24
pRoTeChTyAnEcK
funkmaster general

pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Search FL Studio youtube vids for tips on whichever version of FL you use. That would be the best thing to do when starting out. Absorb as much knowledge you can and dig thru the help section as well on the program.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:25 AM   #25
Killa BB
Online Now

Thanks so much for the feedback you guys!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANTIS69 View Post
...the sound levels are really low, drums & kicks should bang & the bassline should thump...
I struggle with this all the time because I haven't exactly figured out how to make what I create sound the same to everyone who hears it. While I'm making music, for the most part I do it out loud now instead of just through my headphones. And on my system the drums and the bass are definitely hitting. But depending on other listener's sound systems & settings some people can feel them and some people can't. So I know i have to work on that also.

Also... what is your artist name on Reverbnation? Apparently "Mantis" is a popular name. There's a ton of them. lol

Last edited by Killa BB; 02-26-2014 at 10:29 AM.
Killa BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:38 PM   #26
GRANDMASSIVE.
BBW SLAYER

GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to GRANDMASSIVE.

Quote:
Thanks so much for the feedback you guys!!!

I struggle with this all the time because I haven't exactly figured out how to make what I create sound the same to everyone who hears it. While I'm making music, for the most part I do it out loud now instead of just through my headphones. And on my system the drums and the bass are definitely hitting. But depending on other listener's sound systems & settings some people can feel them and some people can't. So I know i have to work on that also.

Also... what is your artist name on Reverbnation? Apparently "Mantis" is a popular name. There's a ton of them. lol
No problem, its Grandmassive.

http://www.reverbnation.com/grandmas...wchristshabazz
http://www.soundclick.com/grandmassive
GRANDMASSIVE. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:56 AM   #27
Rhymez Dusty
Givin Props Where Its Due

Rhymez Dusty prodigal sonRhymez Dusty prodigal sonRhymez Dusty prodigal sonRhymez Dusty prodigal sonRhymez Dusty prodigal sonRhymez Dusty prodigal son

pretty dope for firrst beats, especially the first one, mine were shit compared to this
Rhymez Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:03 PM   #28
Killa BB
Online Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymez Dusty View Post
pretty dope for firrst beats, especially the first one, mine were shit compared to this
Dang! lol Thanks man - Peace!