news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 11-02-2005, 10:49 AM   #31
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms
Default Re: NBA dress code

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey
for real. like offices have dress codes. shit mcdonalds has a dress code. and if the boss wants you to wear something you wear it, or you leave the job. its not hard. it may suck, but its the price you pay for things sometimes.
the NBa had a dresscode too. you wear your team uniform. when you get out on the court your cant have on urban wear OR a suit. you gotta put on a uniform.

offices are part of corperate america which have convinced society that wearing suits is what is "presentable". mcdonalds employees do not wear suits on the job and Mcdonalds isnt telling their employees that they cannot have headphones or urban wear on when coming to work or going to pick up their check.

yes, yes, yes...its the rule and the players are simply gonna have to suck it up. but its wrong, and not the way that the issue of sagging ratings and attendence should have been addressed. if the ron artest incident didnt happen this dresscode would never have happened. the league is going to shit cuz of knucklehead players getting into fights and bitching about contracts with players saying dumbshit like "i need more than 10 millions dollars a year cuz i have to feed my family" and players not showing up to training camps cuz they dont wanna be on this or that team. NOT because they have on chains and the latest in sean jean and roca wear.

with this said, i can understand the decision knowing that sterns hands were tied knowing that if these ticket holders demands to desolve the "hiphop" image that the NBA has in some way, he would've lost customers.

im just saying lets call it what it is and stop making up bullshit like "its going to benefit our children" or "its gonna teach people to dress for success" or "this is how people in other careers have to dress and we should do it as well".
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 11:10 AM   #32
num2son
Kung Fu Alter Ego

num2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to num2son Send a message via MSN to num2son Send a message via Yahoo to num2son

Wearing suits is not that bad.

Sig by Born Invincible
Winner of The Sports Zone Award2006
num2son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 02:10 PM   #33
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeDyNaMiTe
the NBa had a dresscode too. you wear your team uniform. when you get out on the court your cant have on urban wear OR a suit. you gotta put on a uniform.

offices are part of corperate america which have convinced society that wearing suits is what is "presentable". mcdonalds employees do not wear suits on the job and Mcdonalds isnt telling their employees that they cannot have headphones or urban wear on when coming to work or going to pick up their check.

yes, yes, yes...its the rule and the players are simply gonna have to suck it up. but its wrong, and not the way that the issue of sagging ratings and attendence should have been addressed. if the ron artest incident didnt happen this dresscode would never have happened. the league is going to shit cuz of knucklehead players getting into fights and bitching about contracts with players saying dumbshit like "i need more than 10 millions dollars a year cuz i have to feed my family" and players not showing up to training camps cuz they dont wanna be on this or that team. NOT because they have on chains and the latest in sean jean and roca wear.

with this said, i can understand the decision knowing that sterns hands were tied knowing that if these ticket holders demands to desolve the "hiphop" image that the NBA has in some way, he would've lost customers.

im just saying lets call it what it is and stop making up bullshit like "its going to benefit our children" or "its gonna teach people to dress for success" or "this is how people in other careers have to dress and we should do it as well".
agreed for the most. we live in a very PC world.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 02:23 PM   #34
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by num2son
Wearing suits is not that bad.
neither is wearing chains and the latest urban wear.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
Old 11-05-2005, 06:43 PM   #35
KBOS
emceeeees kick tha bucket

KBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkey

Honestly I couldn't really give a fuck about the NBA dress code for better or for worse, I watch the fucking court, thats where the game is
Old 11-05-2005, 09:22 PM   #36
TUCO
THE DIFFERENCE

TUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killa

i mightve missed it but does anyone have a pic of A.I. in a suit? lol

TUCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:35 AM   #37
Frank Drebin
shaolin shadowboxer

Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^ got him on draft day

Frank Drebin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:18 AM   #38
IRONMAN GFK
Veteran Member

IRONMAN GFK grasshopper

agreed, the loose style is one of the things that makes nba create its own id
Old 11-07-2005, 09:03 AM   #39
Seyo

Seyo grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Seyo

i don't know nothing about it, but i don't make a tragedy on it...i mean, man if you work for someone you have to respect some rules, so here in italy if a football player must appear on tv or in public the team give him a dress to wear with the team logo...off course when a player stay out for injury, but go to the arena to see the match he's recognize as a team member so he has to wear in the "right" way....overall is stupid trying to hide racial reason or controversy behind a dress code imposition....but i think that the player cannot face it, they r worker of the team, so they have to respect their rules....the problem is this fucking world...

Seyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:51 AM   #40
Potent1
Teflon Imperial

Potent1 grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Potent1

I don't even see whats the big deal, a bruda could still exude culture in a suit. A suit is not your typical "white" attire. Thats the stupidest and most ignorant thing I've ever heard. A black man can were a suit and exude his hip hop back round. Fucking Jay Z does it all the time. Bottom line is that these men represent the NBA and if they say you have to dress this way when your at work, and YOU GETTING PAID MILLIONS EVEN HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS, you fucking do it. I don't think its a bad thing. When you step off that bus you are the NBA, they want a refined masses and really their isn't anything wrong with that. Why does everything have to be a race thing?
Potent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:20 PM   #41
THE W
ISRAELITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potent1
I don't even see whats the big deal, a bruda could still exude culture in a suit. A suit is not your typical "white" attire.
well then if its all the same then they shoulda just let people wear what they wanted. but its not all the same, they want to get rid the supposedly negative hiphop image.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:00 PM   #42
Razorsharp
Take It Personal

Razorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to Razorsharp Send a message via MSN to Razorsharp Send a message via Yahoo to Razorsharp

i think this rule is stupid, now people cannot be themselves and express themselves....

Throw Ya W's Up!
Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

Razorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 11:47 PM   #43
infinite vagina
piggies

infinite vagina iron monkeyinfinite vagina iron monkeyinfinite vagina iron monkeyinfinite vagina iron monkey

Hip-Hop is evil.

infinite vagina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 12:04 AM   #44
Potent1
Teflon Imperial

Potent1 grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Potent1

lol....
Potent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 11:09 AM   #45