news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 10-05-2005, 03:54 AM   #16
SlightlySlightedFan

SlightlySlightedFan grasshopper
Default Go

There is explanation to the order of biological product. Or as we'd better refer to it as life. It's called evolution. A series of random occurances, mixed with a large series of mutations. The mutations are result of a biological need to adapt to our surroundings. I'm not an expert on Evolution. I just refuse to be branded a creation of someone else's. I think it's the kid and the ant farm example that I take issue with. Regardless of what you believe, you should realize that millions of people have worked hard, over thousands of years at convincing you that a christian god exists. Sometimes working in ways that seemed mysterious to those being worked over at the time, IE Crusades, Spanish Inquisution. To convince you that without this wonderfully simple product you will burn forever in hell. Seems like the case of The Other Guy. You know the guy that doesn't use whatever product would make his life simpler and more manageable.
Do you wanna live forever in heaven? Sure we all do.
________
Suzuki GN125

Last edited by SlightlySlightedFan; 01-21-2011 at 09:02 AM.
SlightlySlightedFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 06:41 AM   #17
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz
Default Re: Without looking it up....

^might as well keep packing those chinese kids into the sweat shops.....i'm going to need all this modern convienence I can get
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 09:03 AM   #18
Born Ruler I
Lord of the Perfect Black

Born Ruler I grasshopper

Logos

A principle originating in classical Greek thought which refers to a universal divine reason, immanent in nature, yet transcending all oppositions and imperfections in the cosmos and humanity. An eternal and unchanging truth present from the time of creation, available to every individual who seeks it. A unifying and liberating revelatory force which reconciles the human with the divine; manifested in the world as an act of God's love in the form of the Christ.

Logos - Longer definition: The Greek word logos (traditionally meaning word, thought, principle, or speech) has been used among both philosophers and theologians. In most of its usages, logos is marked by two main distinctions - the first dealing with human reason (the rationality in the human mind which seeks to attain universal understanding and harmony), the second with universal intelligence (the universal ruling force governing and revealing through the cosmos to humankind, i.e., the Divine).

The Greek philosopher Heraclitus appears to be the first to have used the word logos to refer to a rational divine intelligence, which today is sometimes referred to in scientific discourse as the "mind of God." The early Greek philosophical tradition known as
Stoicism, which held that every human participates in a universal and divinely ordained community, then used the Logos doctrine as a principle for human law and morality. The Stoics believed that to achieve freedom, happiness, and meaning one should attune one's life to the wisdom of God's will, manifest in the second distinction (above) of Logos. The Christian church then extended the Stoic idea of the universal community by claiming the universal nature of salvation and the potential for all humans to participate in it.

In the New Testament, the phrase "Word (Logos) of God," found in John 1:1 and elsewhere, shows God's desire and ability to "speak" to the human. The Christian expression of this communication is evidenced in the Christ, who is the "Word become flesh." In these three biblical words, Christianity points to the possibility of union between the human and the divine, or the personal and the absolute. God's logos, which the Christ represents, acts as a bridge between the human's inner spiritual needs and the answer proclaimed by the Christian message.

So logos are created to be worshipped...

One

http://www.soundclick.com/pandemoniumakagabriel
http://www.myspace.com/pandemoniumgabriel
Born Ruler I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 09:10 AM   #19
num2son
Kung Fu Alter Ego

num2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to num2son Send a message via MSN to num2son Send a message via Yahoo to num2son

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubtleEnergies
That's scary I only didn't know one logo. I dont get the tree connection but it shows how heavily bombarded we are with advertising.
Yeah.

Sig by Born Invincible
Winner of The Sports Zone Award2006
num2son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 09:12 AM   #20
num2son
Kung Fu Alter Ego

num2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to num2son Send a message via MSN to num2son Send a message via Yahoo to num2son

Man do I miss getting in touch with my nature side.

Sig by Born Invincible
Winner of The Sports Zone Award2006
num2son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 12:27 AM   #21
tostones

tostones crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to tostones

Peace Born Ruler I,

Very interesting read.

I was reading not too long ago an article in which the author compared modern day corporate logos with the demonic seals of medieval grimoires. Corporate "entities" as incorporeal beings, like a god which dedicated followers serve for life. Logos functioning as sigils.

And, of course, the sigil holds power. Back when Philip Morris purchased Kraft they paid many times over what the corporation was worth on paper, demonstrating the power of the trademarked logo.

It does get deep the deeper you look. One could argue one of the first organizations to use branding was the christian church, complete with cross logo in the town square. Corporate branding counselors admit the connection.

So swamped in it, people hardly notice a vast majority of it. Like you wrote, just another of the matrix.

Peace
tostones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 08:44 AM   #22
Born Ruler I
Lord of the Perfect Black

Born Ruler I grasshopper

And the Bible was the first mass produced book, so it, too became part of the 'branding' along with the cross 'logo.'

True indeed, Tostones.

One

http://www.soundclick.com/pandemoniumakagabriel
http://www.myspace.com/pandemoniumgabriel
Born Ruler I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 04:03 PM   #23
KBA7

KBA7 grasshopper
Send a message via ICQ to KBA7 Send a message via AIM to KBA7

Damn this world is crazy. Has any1 ever felt a weird uneasy feeling when passing thru a street riddled w/ logos.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:38 PM   #24
tostones

tostones crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBA7
Damn this world is crazy. Has any1 ever felt a weird uneasy feeling when passing thru a street riddled w/ logos.
Peace KBA7

They are effective in their designs. At times, I have also become aware of a similar feeling.

Peace
Old 10-24-2005, 03:45 PM   #25
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostones
Peace Born Ruler I,

Very interesting read.

I was reading not too long ago an article in which the author compared modern day corporate logos with the demonic seals of medieval grimoires. Corporate "entities" as incorporeal beings, like a god which dedicated followers serve for life. Logos functioning as sigils.

And, of course, the sigil holds power. Back when Philip Morris purchased Kraft they paid many times over what the corporation was worth on paper, demonstrating the power of the trademarked logo.

It does get deep the deeper you look. One could argue one of the first organizations to use branding was the christian church, complete with cross logo in the town square. Corporate branding counselors admit the connection.

So swamped in it, people hardly notice a vast majority of it. Like you wrote, just another of the matrix.

Peace
You have a logo in your own user pic. The W.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:49 PM   #26
tostones

tostones crouching tiger

true.

It would appear that Wu-tang has understood the use of logos since the beginning.

peace
Old 11-11-2005, 12:25 AM   #27
blazindaherbz
fiery1

blazindaherbz grasshopper

that shits crazy i guess thats why i post up propaganda
Old 11-12-2005, 04:44 PM   #28
tostones

tostones crouching tiger

peace

thank you for bringing this thread back up, as I never did post the plant answers for those that may be interested. they were as follows:

1. Elm tree
2. Foxglove
3. Oak tree
4. Potato plant
5. Rice field
6. Birch tree
7. Sugar
8. Mint

I take it that the corporate logos answers are totally unecessary.

peace