news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Digital Underground

Old 10-19-2005, 11:56 PM   #1
Icurus
Veteran Member

Icurus grasshopper
Default PC Gaming

What is a good video card for my PC? I have to open it up, but I have a hp pavilion and I know what I nedd except I dont know whats a good video card to get.
Game over, game of death, deadly viper poison your soul into an hymnal crepe/baseball bat tag that ass like two hand touch/inhale the exquisite ses that brings you breath/only the dead that creep can flesh be munched
Icurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 12:07 AM   #2
Bloo
Da Main Gatdamit!!!

Bloo drunken mastaBloo drunken mastaBloo drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Bloo
Default Re: PC Gaming

Well that all depends. what's your price range? That more money you have to spend the better card you can get of course. But on top of all that make sure you get one that's compattable with your AGP slot. You can still get a PCI slot card but you'll get better performance out of an AGP card.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:52 AM   #3
Wu-Tality
Metal Gear

Wu-Tality grasshopper

atleast get a GeForce 6600GT, I dunno what mobo you have but 6600GT comes in AGP version too so.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:00 AM   #4
TeknicelStylez
I'll Fuck You Up

TeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of furyTeknicelStylez fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to TeknicelStylez Send a message via MSN to TeknicelStylez

If it's an old pavillion I doubt his shit will support a card like that.

I'm pretty sure a new pavillion would be a piece of shit too though.

I fuckin hate HP computers.

Big Pimpin Power Ranger Slappin Hoes Since 1986
TeknicelStylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:57 AM   #5
iNtell3kT
Veteran Member

iNtell3kT grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wu-Tality
atleast get a GeForce 6600GT, I dunno what mobo you have but 6600GT comes in AGP version too so.
thats what i would get, unless u got $500+ to spend on some dope shit like Nvida, they got some ill expensive shit, but u gotta keep in mind u need a certain amount of ram, memory and a good cpu, i suggest a AMD 3600+ dunno how much it is, but its good, it'll keep u in shape (comp wise)

iNtell3kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:48 PM   #6
brahma
Banned

brahma grasshopper

6600 gt is okay, but it must be a 256mb version at least, which is harder to get... better buy a 6800 and then better a gt with 256mb ... in future 256mb is necesarry say all pc mags i red over the last months... and a 256bit interface is double the fun than a 6600 ... or buy a nice radeon x800xt which got the best price/performance at the moment

i for self had a 5700, 5900, 6600, 6600gt, 6800, 6800gt and x800 pro and well.... only the 6800gt is as nice as the radeon... nvidia isnīt that great as people think

matter of fact... if you got PCIexpress slot go buy a geforce 7800 GT - which is around 350 euros (donīt know $) but this lil thang is nearly as good as the 7800 GTX which is the best right now... but much cheaper! with this card you will have no trouble for the next two years or some like that... and if you got SLI board you can still get a second with it what brings another 30%- 70% of power... if you ainīt got so much money go get a 6800 GT or a 6800LE and try to unlock the pipelines (works with 75% of the cards-but must be the "N40" chipset on it-not the "n41") use riva tuner... info at google

try to get 256MB card...
if you still with AGP - go get a radeon 800xt or that 6800LE if you not have much cash - that 6800LE is a real cool card once you unlocked the pipelines... and cheap..
brahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 12:00 AM   #7
brahma
Banned

brahma grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNtell3kT
i suggest a AMD 3600+ dunno how much it is, but its good, it'll keep u in shape (comp wise)
hm... yeah! for a good graphics card like the ones i told ya ^ you need a good system otherwise whole system gets slowed down ...

for good gaming you need at least 1GB ram
minimum 2,2 GH CPU
and if possible a nice SATA harddisk

this in conclusion with a good card will bring you through the next 2 years without a need to buy new shits-.. good cpuīs are the new AMD venice and san diego series, but try to get the newer onces with E3 or E6 stepping technology... from 3000up itīs almost enough cause these new ones got faster technology than a 3GH pentium for example... and if you need a good board get an NFORCE 4 - those are the best recently... i suggest ASUS A8 SLI - cheap and one of the best yet

beware of SEMPRON and celeron processors - those are fucked up... the new AMD OPTERON seems to be very nice cause of itīs 2MB cache, good for multimedia... but i prefer the ATHLON 64 - YEAH! make your system 64 BIT !
brahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 01:17 PM   #8
Icurus
Veteran Member

Icurus grasshopper

The most RAM I can hold is 4 gigs, the problem is I dont have a AGP slot nor a PCIexpress, just a PCI and its intergrated on the motherboard. That is the problem with HP computers, so whats a good PCI card.
Game over, game of death, deadly viper poison your soul into an hymnal crepe/baseball bat tag that ass like two hand touch/inhale the exquisite ses that brings you breath/only the dead that creep can flesh be munched
Icurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 02:02 PM   #9
Fragmented
Tian Xia

Fragmented grasshopper

to be honest pci normally cannot transfer fast enough to offer any good alternative to agp or pci-express you're better off buying a decent motherboard and graphics card because i don't think pci wise you'll enjoy the newer games much

peace
Fragmented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 03:05 PM   #10
Fr@z
Who's The Dado?

Fr@z shaolin monk
Send a message via Yahoo to Fr@z

pc pc pc pc
Old 11-09-2005, 10:01 PM   #11
iNtell3kT
Veteran Member

iNtell3kT grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahma
hm... yeah! for a good graphics card like the ones i told ya ^ you need a good system otherwise whole system gets slowed down ...

for good gaming you need at least 1GB ram
minimum 2,2 GH CPU
and if possible a nice SATA harddisk

this in conclusion with a good card will bring you through the next 2 years without a need to buy new shits-.. good cpuīs are the new AMD venice and san diego series, but try to get the newer onces with E3 or E6 stepping technology... from 3000up itīs almost enough cause these new ones got faster technology than a 3GH pentium for example... and if you need a good board get an NFORCE 4 - those are the best recently... i suggest ASUS A8 SLI - cheap and one of the best yet

beware of SEMPRON and celeron processors - those are fucked up... the new AMD OPTERON seems to be very nice cause of itīs 2MB cache, good for multimedia... but i prefer the ATHLON 64 - YEAH! make your system 64 BIT !
yeh i got a WD hdd, just cause it was on sale, and i got 350GB of storage now, SATA are good for gaming purposes, but WD will be better if u do a lil bit of gaming and more on task shit, i got a AMD 2200+ its old as hell, ima upgrade to atleast a AMD 3800+ cause Windows Vista is comming out soon, and Vista has some high specs for its shit, i gotta upgrade my memory and RAM n shit all that good stuff, and a new Vid Card, once i do that, dunno what exactly ima go with, but then i'll have a up to date comp, or fuck it, i'll just buy an Alienware comp, which are the perfect gaming comps

but yeh listen to brahma man, he knows his shit, just do some research.....

iNtell3kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 05:30 PM   #12
Brama
Banned

Brama grasshopper

yeah.. iīm recnetly thinkin bout gettin a new system, just bought a new graphics card and all that... when i do so, i go through much mags and sites and get a lot of knowledge cuz i donīt wanna buy shitz.. i buy award winner hardware only ... the best ainīt good enough YOKNOW ! hahaha!
Brama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 02:50 PM   #13
Fragmented
Tian Xia

Fragmented grasshopper

right now the spec for my new system kina look like this on paper gonna pick up something like this in the summer

amd 64 x2 4800
2 gig ddr2 pc6700
1x250 gig sata2 320mbps transfer rate
1x500 gig sata2
motherboard and video chipset depend on whats out at that time

gonna pick up a nice antec case and pci express powersupply pref above 550w silent if poss

lets just hope my bonus is tight this christmas
Old 11-14-2005, 02:50 PM   #14
Fragmented
Tian Xia

Fragmented grasshopper

alienware are ripoffs