news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 06-18-2005, 01:15 AM   #31
ThePharaohNosferatu
The Sigung(Sifu's Master)

ThePharaohNosferatu grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to ThePharaohNosferatu Send a message via MSN to ThePharaohNosferatu
Default Re: JAY-Z and DEF JAM.....not that great so far...

My 0.2 cents.

Jay-z as president of Def Jam isnt good, cause the man, as i see it, isnt Promoting these albums as much as Def Jam pormoted there artsit before Jay came in.

I dont see much commercials, much streetteams, much banners on sites.

i feel this man needs to start seeing this, hes prolly to busy with his crappy shoe bizz s.carter, or with the clothin line Roc a wear, maybe his mind is on other things instead on tellin those in charge of promoting to DO MORE PROMOS!!!!!!

i dont have nothin to say about foxy nor Young Gunz, they cool, but memph, is a joke.

"Yo MC's wonder what's hip-hop thunder
Tell you the truth it's just one nation under" - RZA

.:1 Nation Under:. l .:Hip-Hop Release Dates Thread:. l .:Upcoming Movies Thread:. l .:1 Nation Under Battle Tournament:.(MCs Needed to Join)
ThePharaohNosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 11:25 AM   #32
NAKHI the SOLORIAN
i still love h.e.r.

NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ok here is my wooden nickel....
from a grown man's point of view(mind you eye was around when Def Jam released it's first 12 inch and ceen the rise and fall of the company)

Jay-Z as president: It is too early to tell what is gonna happen he needs at least a year to get things organized eye belive he will do fine cause he is/was an artist and while some of y'all might not realize is he is a hustler so that mindstate is in effect so once trhings are in proper order he will be on point

Foxy Brown: Eye do not care what anyone says she has heat and since she started gravitating back to her roots(That Brooklyn/Jamacian Flow) she has been iiight her latest under the radar heat"Art Of War" is fire.

Young Gunz: Eye live in Philly and eye hear they shit all the time eye think they are garbage period. Beans needs to reconstruct State Property and get rid of some dead weight. Young Gunz are not that good at all

Memphis Bleek: Eye like him he has shined on a few joints that are classics in my book("It's Alright", "Is That Your Chick", "Parkin Lot Pimpin" etc...) but he is still one hit away and he just does not have a good taste in the beats he chooses....

As Far As Signing Underground Groups: Well eye will not say it won't happen cause Jay-Z surprised me by choosing 9th Wonder for the Black Lp and we all know he is a fan of Common and Talib so who knows.

Def Jam needed some younger blood and Jay-Z was a good choice BUT, eye do not like how he did Dame and Biggs in this deal, from a streets ponit of veiw he did them dirty, but hey who knows why it was done and we are not that close to those men to really know. Hopefully Jay-Z can bring back the pride of Def Jam that would be real nice.

this PSA was brought to you by:
The "We Still Love H.E.R." Foundation

click the sig if you vatican status
NAKHI the SOLORIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 11:58 AM   #33
ThePharaohNosferatu

Send a message via AIM to ThePharaohNosferatu Send a message via MSN to ThePharaohNosferatu

Ya heard anything from that boi he signed, AZTEK?

.:1 Nation Under:. l .:Hip-Hop Release Dates Thread:. l .:Upcoming Movies Thread:. l .:1 Nation Under Battle Tournament:.(MCs Needed to Join)
Old 06-19-2005, 03:00 PM   #34
tical2000
Veteran Member

tical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePharaohNosferatu
Ya heard anything from that boi he signed, AZTEK?
I heard AZTEK is on some faggot reggaeton shit.......
tical2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 03:04 PM   #35
Bone Collecta
Veteran Member

Bone Collecta grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Bone Collecta Send a message via Yahoo to Bone Collecta

thats pretty biased just cause u dont understand somethin doesnt mean u should bash it fool

Bone Collecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 03:12 PM   #36
tical2000
Veteran Member

tical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Collecta
thats pretty biased just cause u dont understand somethin doesnt mean u should bash it fool
REGGAETON is wack.........I understand it, and the beats and the lyrics are lame

that being said I am huge dancehall reggae fan..........not that DANCEHALL REGGAE and REGAETON are the same by any means......but it shows you where I am coming from
tical2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 03:14 PM   #37
Bone Collecta
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Bone Collecta Send a message via Yahoo to Bone Collecta

u are biased do you know spanish?

Old 06-19-2005, 04:40 PM   #38
ThePharaohNosferatu

Aight here is my 0.2 Cents

Reggaeton is crappy in my eyes, i dont like it, I only like 2 artist Tego Calderon and Don Omar, they have a better rythem and the way they rap, sounds very ReAL.

as for AZTEK i dont think hes a Reggaeton artist cause he from Texas, but he is COlumbian which could be hes into reggaeton, but he had a FREESTYLE with JAY, and i dont think that he could be a reggaeton artist.

hes signed to ROc-La-Familia. he and some other Mexican Boxer dude, but i dont think hes a rapper of any sort hes just sponsored.

Old 06-19-2005, 04:41 PM   #39
Bone Collecta
Veteran Member

they do multiple things they not just reggeaton

Old 06-19-2005, 11:47 PM   #40
ThePharaohNosferatu

Heard the freestyle at hiphopgame.com and let me tell ya this man aint that hot, he could have gone to the west and signed some one better

Old 07-05-2005, 10:28 AM   #41
sneakerpimp

you can hear some of his shit here:

www.aztekescobar.com/