news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-06-2006, 01:56 PM   #1
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Nas vs Blackthought and The Roots on Hot 97 (links)

http://rapidshare.de/files/19730734/...ot_97.mp3.html
Old 05-06-2006, 02:21 PM   #2
Rorschach
Sean.

Rorschach shaolin monk

Thanks Ghostlaced, I hadn't heard this in a while, to be honest I'd forget all about this issue.

You'll see in my MC's list thread that I rate Nas as the greatest MC of all time, more for his catalogue of work than of him as a person. Because as a person, he's a known hypocrite. He flip flops with his opinions so much that it gets to the point where I just laugh. It was right in the centre of the Jay-Z beef, so he was obviously looking for any reason to go at anyone who was 'Behind Enemy Lines' you know? But for him to call out The Roots for being hypocritical, I mean come on Nas, you are as hypocriticial as they come!

Sorry to quote Jay-Z but;

"Is it Oochie Wally Wally or is it One Mic?
Is it Black Girl Lost or shorty owe you for ice?"

Who SERIOUSLY, SERIOUSLY would turn down a live performance with Jay-Z? One of the biggest rappers EVER? The Roots hardly got in the Big Pimpin video and started acting like fools and being something they were not, they were just backing up Jay-Z, that was it. I think it's good that artists mix genres of hip hop together, not have a huge segregation between conscious and gangsta, or mainstream and underground.

I could go on all day about this subject, but anyway. I'll see what other people think, let's not turn it into a three or four page argument though, like the Andre hate topic, the 50 hate topic or the Eminem hate topic people, take note!

Here's a couple of links people may like to check out;

The Roots - What They Do(Music Video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwEMR...at%20they%20do

Jay-Z & The Roots - Heart Of The City(Live Video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8jD0...-Z%20unplugged
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 02:22 PM   #3
Deity Allah
Veteran Member

Deity Allah grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Deity Allah

This is like 3 years old. It's when Nas's Mother passed he was on some next shit wildin' on everybody. Him and The Roots sinced peaced it up and he'll be performing with them at their Radio City Music Hall Show in like two weeks.
Deity Allah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 02:24 PM   #4
Chief 'Broom
Veteran Member

Chief 'Broom shaolin monk

ha - good looks, i know it's old and rehashing beef - but i never heard that - that's when Nas really lost it and started coming at every rapper

Black Thought was in the right there but Nas took all that back afterwards, he knew it - just was angry about that Takeover beat where they threw in the NY State of Mind, Oochie Wally and Shook Ones loops

i of course know the one where he comes at Nelly, Nore and Cam but do you got the audio where he turns on Flex? easy

"...when i was 12, i went to hell for snuffin Jesus" -GOD's SON
Chief 'Broom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 02:25 PM   #5
Rorschach
Sean.

Rorschach shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deity Allah
This is like 3 years old. It's when Nas's Mother passed he was on some next shit wildin' on everybody.
lol....yeah.

Anyone got an audio link for the Cam'Ron, Nore and Nelly one? That was funnier. Nas just went on the radio and trashed everyone of their albums, it was so uncalled for but hillarious.
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 02:26 PM   #6
Chief 'Broom
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deity Allah
This is like 3 years old. It's when Nas's Mother passed he was on some next shit wildin' on everybody. Him and The Roots sinced peaced it up and he'll be performing with them at their Radio City Music Hall Show in like two weeks.
that's dope man, Roots and Nas would make a nice collabo

Old 05-06-2006, 02:32 PM   #7
Chief 'Broom
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flow Forever
lol....yeah.

Anyone got an audio link for the Cam'Ron, Nore and Nelly one? That was funnier. Nas just went on the radio and trashed everyone of their albums, it was so uncalled for but hillarious.
ha ha

here ya go http://s64.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...E0PS28JDDPKH5M

Old 05-06-2006, 02:53 PM   #8
Chief 'Broom
Veteran Member

Here's Nas speaking on the subject from XXL Jan/Feb 2003 - the whole interview is one of the nicest but i'll just type up a little excerpt for the sake of my carpel tunnel...

Nas - I was going through a lot and i felt like the whole world had to pay. My mom had passed in April- so i felt like it was the beginning of a spree. My plan was after i finished my tour- i said this on one of the stations- when i get back to New York, it's on. My plan was to come back to New York and end rap music. Period. I was gonnna get at all these dudes i'm talkin' about on the records off wax and it's gonna be finished.

XXL - What do you mean by "get at"?

Nas - Get at dudes. I felt like when my mom left, my whole world had ended. But one of the last things she was telling me was, "Keep going. Keep going to work. I know you're busy. Go ahead." The tour kept me busy. If i would have been sitting down with nothing to do but think, i wouldn't be here talking today- i'd be gone. Something fucked up would have happened. During all of this, i was able to hold my head, and be ready to do the Summer Jam. But when that didn't happen, it was like, Yo, now it's time to make muthafuckas pay. I was getting ready to start a rampage on all the rappers in the game. Not all of them, just the ones i felt had indirectly [dissed me] or somehow was phony or some shit. I felt like just taking it to another level, and me going out in a blaze, because i had nothing to live for.

XXL - Going out in a blaze verbally?

Nas - Nah. Going out in a war. Going out in a war against my own people in hip-hop and destroying the game- where nothing would have existed anymore. Taking niggas out on some Taliban shit, straight up, i'm not gonna get specific, i'm just saying, if i say, "take 'em out," that means take 'em out. That's what i felt. I just felt like ridding the world of these demons and moving on to the next level.

But then i said, What does that prove? And my pop told me, "It's easy to be crazy." He said, "A coward kills himself." Do something else. Go to the next level with it. Your mission is bigger.

Old 05-06-2006, 03:05 PM   #9
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

he got made to look like a fool by blackthought though

plus i think if most emcees lyrically challenged B.T theyd get sonned by his rapid fire style
Old 05-06-2006, 03:18 PM   #10
Deity Allah
Veteran Member

Deity Allah grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Deity Allah

Thought is nice but I think he's more "Flow" than "Substance". He can't see Esco though!
Deity Allah is offline   Reply With Quote