news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-06-2006, 11:48 AM   #16
Dough Snatcher
Veteran Member

Dough Snatcher shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Dough Snatcher Send a message via MSN to Dough Snatcher

Eh dudes aight with me i guess. I mean he has stage presents and some pretty i'll beats but as the thread header says, he's not soo hot when it comes to lyrics. But...his name is pretty big in the MIA...

"The earth daughter rest her head on my chest
Through the struggle we cuddle under half-moon crest"
Dough Snatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 11:56 AM   #17
TUCO
THE DIFFERENCE

TUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oztradamus
Yeah, Trick Daddy's dope.. I can't knock him.. They make music that is made for the car's to bump, which is dope.. I don't always want to listen about the Sun, Moon and Stars you know..
fuckin' A

TUCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:02 PM   #18
Bedlam
Making cream

Bedlam shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Bedlam

So does anyone know who actually produced the beat? It sounds very similar in style to Lil Wayne's "Money on my Mind". I wouldn't be suprised if it was the same producer, although I don't know who produced that one either...

someone in here gotta know
Old 05-06-2006, 01:07 PM   #19
Murdah Piff
Veteran Member

Murdah Piff crouching tiger

rick ross got that fishscale type beats, but he can't rap for shit

i still bump that shit at 100 volume

"I'M HERON & SEX IN ONE, DOPE AS FUCK"
Murdah Piff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 04:07 PM   #20
Bone Collecta
Veteran Member

Bone Collecta grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Bone Collecta Send a message via Yahoo to Bone Collecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBOS
I said lyrically you dickhead
so ur sayin d4l is better than him lyrically? you still have somethin wrong wit ya

Bone Collecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 04:45 PM   #21
xHard to Earnx
ADEPT

xHard to Earnx grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam
So does anyone know who actually produced the beat? It sounds very similar in style to Lil Wayne's "Money on my Mind". I wouldn't be suprised if it was the same producer, although I don't know who produced that one either...

someone in here gotta know

It's the same guys that did that.

I heard this for the first time last night and didn't mind it. Better than I thought it would be. I'll check it out when it leaks.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:23 PM   #22
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

Hustlin was produced by "The Runners".

Rick Ross has been out for a minute now. If anyone remembers he did a track with Trina called "Told Ya'll" from her album and the Bout the Benjamins soundtrack he's the fat nigga dancing in a iced-out cave. He's been out with Slip-N-Slide but never got exposure on them. Lately he has done lots of mixtapes and has one out called "M-I-Yayo" and one with DJ Kronik called "The Streets 2.5" or some shit. I've heard most of this dude's underground work and his freestyles. He's got talent and he's got lyrics but like I read earlier he'll get 15 minutes of fame and fade. He's another Guerilla Black. Yeaaaa, you remember that nigga! He was big for a second too. Anyway, I think Ross nice I bump his mixtapes and for any Miami nigga's ya'll already know that "Port of Miami" (the track not actual album) is a straight up anthem.. it's got a RAW beat and lyrics are good. I think the biggest misconception about Miami artists is that they're stupid and can't hang with say a Gza or Ras Kass. And they can't for the most part. But real people with real struggles and who have lived rough lives can relate to a Trick Daddy when he talks about thugging. Or a Rick Ross when he talks about hustling. Or even a female can relate to Trina talking about being the baddest bitch. I think real recognizes real and you can even love/like or just RESPECT (maybe just STAND) Rick Ross and the fakers/haters and losers will definitly hate on dude. It's not like he's a Nelly or Chingy or some shit. Dude went commercial but he still keeps it gully. If anyone interested in actually hearing more of Rick Ross you can hit me up and I'll send you a couple of what I feel are his hardest tracks. I think SOME people would be surpised if they heard his freestyles on "Down and Out", "Who Shot Ya" or "Dreams".

^ KYLE WILLIAMS POOPS THE BED ^
Dirty Knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 09:19 PM   #23
KBOS
emceeeees kick tha bucket

KBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkey

Im not impressed with the fact that he's gully and has a few nice beats (most of which he probably didn't make) because anybody can do that shit. Somebody post some ill lyrical shit by rick ross then I;ll change my mind.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:26 PM   #24
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

No matter what someone posts you'll just place Ross' lyrics on that the pedistal of a Gza or Rza so it will never be good enough for what you consider 'lyrics'. Hip Hop and Rap isn't all about "Mathetmatical assical vary dairy queen blastically magically deliciouslly viciously killing emcees" it's about a message that isn't always bottled in to a track with big words.

Old 05-06-2006, 10:38 PM   #25
KBOS
emceeeees kick tha bucket

KBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge
No matter what someone posts you'll just place Ross' lyrics on that the pedistal of a Gza or Rza so it will never be good enough for what you consider 'lyrics'. Hip Hop and Rap isn't all about "Mathetmatical assical vary dairy queen blastically magically deliciouslly viciously killing emcees" it's about a message that isn't always bottled in to a track with big words.
I'm aware of all that, and im not expecting GZA lyrics, but I just want to hear some decent lyrics from rick ross.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:38 PM   #26
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

I put a few tracks up that I thought were better than Hustlin.. peep the Rick Ross shit... these gotta be at least decent..

http://www.putfile.com/hoodmedia

Old 05-07-2006, 09:43 PM   #27
Kenny Powers
quik one

Kenny Powers drunken mastaKenny Powers drunken mastaKenny Powers drunken masta

Trick <3 the kids!
Kenny Powers is offline   Reply With Quote