news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 07-10-2005, 10:38 PM   #46
adriatic

adriatic grasshopper
Default Re: 36 Chambers:Best Wu-Tang album, but in hip hop...?

Wade your memory is playin tricks on you 36 Chambers was bigger than Cuban Linx. CREAM was a bigger hit than any single off the purple tape.

Cuban Linx was more heavily imitated with all the Mafioso shit and Crystal sippin and all that but 36 Chambers put an even bigger dent in the game people took notice when that album came out cause it was like nothing ever heard before and no don't say Juice Crew. They were a crew of emcees who came together for songs but they weren't a true group like Wu-Tang was back then.

36 Chambers was too hard to imitate. Even the mafia shit was popularized by Wu but they didn't originate it ask Kool G Rap. It was done before just like it was done again.
adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 10:56 PM   #47
manhattanknight77

manhattanknight77 grasshopper

adriatic vbmenu_register("postmenu_49377", true);

Re: 36 Chambers:Best Wu-Tang album, but in hip hop...?
Wade your memory is playin tricks on you 36 Chambers was bigger than Cuban Linx. CREAM was a bigger hit than any single off the purple tape.

Cuban Linx was more heavily imitated with all the Mafioso shit and Crystal sippin and all that but 36 Chambers put an even bigger dent in the game people took notice when that album came out cause it was like nothing ever heard before and no don't say Juice Crew. They were a crew of emcees who came together for songs but they weren't a true group like Wu-Tang was back then.

36 Chambers was too hard to imitate. Even the mafia shit was popularized by Wu but they didn't originate it ask Kool G Rap. It was done before just like it was done again.

finally somene wit genuine knowlrdge thank you!!
manhattanknight77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 11:30 PM   #48
Bells of War

Bells of War grasshopper

I just have to say there is know other album in the world that has as much wisdom or as much depth as the wu-tang fuck other rap albums i dont listen to anything unless it's wu-tang or wu-tang oreiented. 36 chamber is definately a must in the wu-tang collection. but i would have to say i love the the w and wu-tang forever. all in all the wu is nothing to be compared to radio or rap or any other rap groups they are on a level of there own Gods of rap know as a legend to wannabe rappers like g unit and shit like that. Disgrace to rap
Bells of War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 11:37 PM   #49
thwak
over rates mathematics

thwak grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to thwak

illmatic is great but not the best, for me it's a toss up between xzibit's first two albums.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:49 PM   #50
Jimmy Focus
Staying Focused

Jimmy Focus shaolin monk

Im thinkin wu tang forever, Illmatic, or Blackout
Jimmy Focus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:34 AM   #51
Popa Chief
I Judge Wisely

Popa Chief grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legato
best hiphop album ever is heavy mental.
What the fuck are u smokin?
Popa Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 06:58 AM   #52
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

cream was the clans only hit but all i need was an even bigger hit, damn thing won a grammy. house of pain and cypress hill had that dark grimey shit before wu. rakim, poor rightous teachers and brand nubian covered all the 5% shit. juice crew did what wu-tang did, just backwords. they were solo artists first then they did albums together. wu might have done it better but that shit isnt original. nothing that wu did was really original, just revolutionary. they took something that was already there and did it in a way that was never done before . even the way they structured their record deal was taken from goerge clinton and the funkadelic all-stars.

but the point is that bad boy was the crew that shifted power back to the east. and cream wasnt as big a hit as any of biggie's shit.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:17 AM   #53
Dante
Devils never cry

Dante grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Dante Send a message via Yahoo to Dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by wubanga99
Come on ya'll...I know you feel what im saying...give me some feedback...

I welcome anyones opinion...

One...
I agree, as much as i love 36 Chambers, Wu-Tang Forever to me is their best album. Production wise, and lyrically it's them as a group at their peak. Only album i feel more than Forever is Liquid Swords
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote