news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 08-13-2006, 06:47 PM   #1
ThaHed
Veteran Member

ThaHed grasshopper
Default New OutKast - Idlewild leaked..........(discussion thread)

if y'all want it hit up my board in the sig

pretty dope so far playin it now

Vote for Chamillionaire
&
CHECK OUT THE MESSAGE BOARD
Music, Video, Women, for all registered users.
ThaHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 06:58 PM   #2
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Hollywood divorce is dope!
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 07:46 PM   #3
mofo
ADEPT

mofo grasshopper

That new joint Morris Brown is gay as fuck. Fuck it, no point of listenin an outkast album with only 4-5 songs with outkast on the whole album

Last edited by mofo; 08-13-2006 at 07:52 PM.
mofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 07:50 PM   #4
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

i dislike idlewild blue, its so simple and plain

UNRELATED BUT, BEWARE:
https://soundcloud.com/frieza-saga
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 09:34 PM   #5
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I don't know if this track was on the album but I forgot the name of it but it features lil wayne and snoop, song is dope, seems to be on some atliens vibe.
has anyone heard it?

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 09:53 PM   #6
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
Found My Purpose

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tigerSun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tiger

there's not alot of unity on this album it kinda annoys me

its like a poor man's version of the last album they came out with...n i hated that

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:04 PM   #7
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

but is it ok tho? atleast? beatwise and shit?

UNRELATED BUT, BEWARE:
Old 08-13-2006, 10:17 PM   #8
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
Found My Purpose

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tigerSun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tiger

ehh..meh

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 06:08 AM   #9
Wzarecta
Shaolin Swordsman

Wzarecta grasshopper

I understand it goes downhill later on in the album but I'm on The Train so far and I've loved everything I've heard up to here. Their worst album probably yer, but that isn't really saying much with OutKast. Big Boi's bits seem to be better on here than SB and Dre's not as good as TLB. Still, creative and fresh as always, so far anyway.

*Edit* Ok, so I wont be listening to anything after Hollywood Divorce many times again (listenable for me, just gets a bit annoying) but before that are some great tracks. Peaches, The Train, Hollywood Divorce, Chronomentrophobia, fuck, all the first 12 are great in my opinion.

Last edited by Wzarecta; 08-14-2006 at 08:17 AM.
Wzarecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 03:22 PM   #10
tical2000
Veteran Member

tical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkey

from what I have read in magazines and shit it is the worst Outkast album.....I thought that it was supposed to be a real OUTkast album too with Big Boi and Andre rapping together on all the tracks.....looks like they are all seperate again.....

big let down considereing OUTKAST have been saying for the last year in interviews that they would be rapping together again on IDLEWOOD

"We got the tape Nigga"- Raekwon live in Toronto
tical2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 03:57 PM   #11
Da Problem Child
Dr.GrEeEnThUmB

Da Problem Child grasshopper

It's better than the last one in my opinion,but they can do better
Old 08-15-2006, 04:14 PM   #12
Icurus
Veteran Member

Icurus grasshopper

I thought the album "10 the hard way" was their next album where they will be dropping verses together. Isn't this album just a soundtrack to the movie. So, its not like a official Outkast album is it?
Game over, game of death, deadly viper poison your soul into an hymnal crepe/baseball bat tag that ass like two hand touch/inhale the exquisite ses that brings you breath/only the dead that creep can flesh be munched
Icurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:32 PM   #13
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

It's a new Outkast album and a movie soundtrack, the musical style of the album is conceptually linked to the movie, but I enjoyed it without having seen the film. Just like Speakerboxxx/The Love Below it integrates influences from blues, jazz, and electronic music. I've been an Outkast fan since Player's Ball and love all their albums and the musical journey they've taken over the course of their career is really unparalleled in hiphop, and I appreciate that they continue to stretch the boundaries of 'black' music, especially now at a time when so many of us are caught up in being 'hood' and what the 'hood' will think at the expense of being themselves. I wish Big Rube was on it doing his spoken word thing thing. I only listened to it once and deleted it, but I will be copping it when it comes out, it is definitely the most progressive hiphop album that has come out in a while, only 'A Piece of Strange' and 'Game Theory' (gotta cop that too) are on the same level. If all you listen to is straight hiphop all day everyday (no diss) then you probably hate the way Outkast has gone, post Aquemeni, hell post ATLiens. I think that '10 The Hard Way' will eventually come out, they're bound to come full circle before they break up or retire.

Has anybody heard of that Janelle Monae chick? She kills her vocals on this album, if she comes out with an album on some of this type of production I'd definitely cop it.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:39 PM   #14
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

i dont like the album soley for the fact that u cant come out wit an album that wins best record grammy than deliver this u kno? its too much of a soundtrack, i dont like it too much (some songs i love tho)

UNRELATED BUT, BEWARE: