news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 08-17-2006, 02:23 PM   #1
picturebloodbaths

picturebloodbaths shaolin monk
Default A Scanner Darkly

I've seen this movie twice in theaters. I'm reading the book now too, the novel is by Philip K. Dick. PKD wrote the novels for Blade Runner, Total Recall, Minority Report, and Paycheck. He is an excellent sci-fi writer.

The movie is amazing. It has very interesting portrayal of drug abuse, from the perspective of the druggy sort of in the style of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. However, PKD paints a more negative view of drugs than Hunter S. Thompson does in my opinion. The movie is very dark, and the rotoscoping effect makes things more interesting.

Anyone else catch this flick?

by the way real sorry I just saw the other post about this, delete this thread if you want...

Last edited by picturebloodbaths; 08-17-2006 at 02:37 PM.
picturebloodbaths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:33 PM   #2
smokebongoncliff
WuTang is the Foundation

smokebongoncliff grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to smokebongoncliff

never hea\rd of that

Now yo yo, whattup yo, time is runnin out. It's for real though, let's connect politic - ditto. We could trade places, get lifted in the staircases. Word up, peace incarcerated scarfaces
smokebongoncliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:44 PM   #3
energizer

energizer crouching tiger

i saw it, amazing! but how come it had such a small release, its only playin in 2 theatres around where i live
energizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:05 PM   #4
ironmantis
aka Dr. HappyHorseShit

ironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of furyironmantis fist of fury

Because Richard Linklater only makes independent films with the exception of School of Rock.

I guess thats the reason its not out nationwide.

I can't wait to see this film as it is by my favourite director, but since i'm in England, I'll have to wait until November for it to come out.

peace

Kicking the stick from the blind man of ignorance.

Systematic, global geographic, systemic, neo-synapsis, reload the graphics, notice I spit it rapid

I'm a true master, you can check my credentials, cause I choose to use, my infinite potential.

As I transcend celestial deserts, in search of an oasis / vanishing dreams to lay the fundamental basis / my soul chases / opposite dimensional spaces / material world just erases / I see a thousand faces / as I look into the perpetual sea / a million children follow me / into the molecular structure of infinity.
ironmantis is offline   Reply With Quote