news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 09-05-2006, 08:33 PM   #46
tical2000
Veteran Member

tical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkeytical2000 iron monkey

Why the fuck with DEF JAM release METHOD MAN's and THE ROOTS album on the same day????

Like alot of people are fans of both of them, and releasesing them on the saem day would take away from each of their sales numbers....

stupid if you ask me

like I am fans of both groups but if I had only 15 bucks to spend on a cd I would have to choose

"We got the tape Nigga"- Raekwon live in Toronto
tical2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:47 PM   #47
Cesar
Veteran Member

Cesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by tical2000 View Post
Why the fuck with DEF JAM release METHOD MAN's and THE ROOTS album on the same day????

Like alot of people are fans of both of them, and releasesing them on the saem day would take away from each of their sales numbers....

stupid if you ask me

like I am fans of both groups but if I had only 15 bucks to spend on a cd I would have to choose
Well by guessing from your name i would have to say you would go and get the Method Man, LOL...
Cesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:59 PM   #48
sakk
Autarch

sakk crouching tigersakk crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1NKS View Post

It'll be a sad phase in hip hop for me if this album goes wood man!!!

...Fuck it - Word to Mef, Ghost, and The Roots - it's indie time!
What ever happened to Razor Sharp records? I never understood why Wu Tang never made their own label. Wu Tang Records would be awesome.

New Orleans Hornets and New Orleans Saints are the champions.
rep·re·sent
To stand for; symbolize
sakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:16 PM   #49
Cesar
Veteran Member

Cesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal sonCesar prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakk View Post
What ever happened to Razor Sharp records? I never understood why Wu Tang never made their own label. Wu Tang Records would be awesome.
They did, All of Killarmy's cd's were under Wutang records/Priority and then Loud Records, also U-Gods Redemption was under Wutang records/Priority. Both of Wu-Chronicles were under Wu-tang REcords/Priority, Wu-Syndicates was under Wutang Records/Priority, Shyheims Manchild album i think was under Wutang Records......Somebody needs to do the knowledge........
Cesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:08 AM   #50
crass
Wise to da game

crass crouching tiger

1st week sales mean nothing when there's no promotion...

as someone said, the real test will be how meth sells when he's promoting (touring). but i don't see it going gold. that's a shame too cuz meth was like the final superstar in wu-tang and the only one with the star power to get gold or plat plates the last few years. what does this mean for the next wu LP?
Old 09-06-2006, 03:12 AM   #51
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

u-god sold 4000 all up. on his last album...

method man should be glad he has 65,000 in the first week considering his last album...im sure the sales will pick up a bit. but on my calculations, if prequel went gold, thats 500,000 with about half id estimate that recognised it wasnt great....therefore this album will sell = 200,000.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote