news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Misc > Dear Admins

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 05:53 AM   #1
GuardianOne
Taoist Saint

GuardianOne grasshopper
Send a message via Skype™ to GuardianOne
Default Housekeeping On User Accounts

Just something noticed, relating to user accounts. Iam not sure if its a useful idea or not.

There are over 20 000 users on this site. And iam not sure if all users still login...

So probably it could be useful to remove inactive users, who like for instance haven't logged in within the last 2 years.

Like some of us had to recreate our accounts once the site was online last year.

Just a thought, iam sure there is a script for that. But having large numbers of user accounts is respectful on the statistical side of things.

I don't if you can determine those with double accounts?

Peace
PS: This has no relation to any users, just administering stuff mainly...
Old 11-14-2006, 12:32 AM   #2
born invincible
// Never Defeated //

born invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal son
Send a message via AIM to born invincible Send a message via MSN to born invincible

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardianOne View Post
Just something noticed, relating to user accounts. Iam not sure if its a useful idea or not.

There are over 20 000 users on this site. And iam not sure if all users still login...

So probably it could be useful to remove inactive users, who like for instance haven't logged in within the last 2 years.

Like some of us had to recreate our accounts once the site was online last year.

Just a thought, iam sure there is a script for that. But having large numbers of user accounts is respectful on the statistical side of things.

I don't if you can determine those with double accounts?

Peace
PS: This has no relation to any users, just administering stuff mainly...

im pretty sure its been brought up a few times about the mass amount of users that post and do not post.... i think TomB or 36 was gonna do somthin bout that.. cant remember for sure tho what was decided!!

Old 11-14-2006, 03:03 PM   #3
36chambers
The People's Champ

36chambers drunken masta36chambers drunken masta36chambers drunken masta

Its something I def wanna do but not 100% sure on how to. I dont wanna do it and end up deleting you all, so ill have 2 find out more on it. But yes it will be done. Thanks 4 reminding me.

BIG L Rest In Peace
Closed Thread