news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 12-12-2006, 05:26 PM   #1
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Conversations With God

Has anybody here read any of the CWG books, or any other books by Neale Donald Walsch? My guess would be that very few would have, and most people here would not be very open to these books, nor find a great deal of value in them. For me personally these are the best and most useful books I have ever read. A profound exercise in human logic. I was very skeptical of these books at first, and surprised when the person who recommended them to me did so. I was expecting to find a lot of the harmful garbage religions teach, in these books, but instead I found the bulk of the material in these books to be in conflict with what religions teach, and that these books at length discuss the negative influences religions have upon us. I found a lot of my own thoughts and perceptions illustrated in an intricate and expansive manner, as well as an array of brilliant new concepts and observations. The large focal point of these books seems to be about putting aside everything you have been taught and searching inside yourself for your own answers and observations, which to me is the most basic concept of logic, and what frustrates me most about our race, and even myself at times. As soon as I picked up the general vibe of the first book I knew I wanted to own all of these books. I think humankind would benefit greatly if all religious people were to open themselves to these books, but I’m sure religious people feel the same way about their books and teachings.

I think the key to benefiting from these books is to not write them off because of the concept of the author suggesting he is “talking to God”. You need to first think for yourself about what “talking to God” might actually mean and entail. And also to consider whether or not it actually matters if the author really is “talking to God”.

I recommend these books to anybody and everybody. Try picking one up sometime. See what you think of it.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:28 PM   #2
V4D3R
Singularity Instigator

V4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venoms

I've read book 1-2-and 3.

V4D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 06:52 PM   #3
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

What did you think of them?
Old 12-14-2006, 05:08 AM   #4
noel411
The ABBOTT

This is a small except taken from "Friendship With God". I could pull great quotes out of any part of these books. This is just a a small section from the part I am currently up to in this book. It is a quote from the "God" in this book...

"Mastery is achieved when this (referring to a question on making decisions in relationships) becomes a decision and choice based on what is true for you, rather than what someone else has told you ought to be true, or on what your society has established as its current convention around life partnerships, or on what you feel others may think of you.

Masters give themselves the freedom to make any choice they wish-and give those they love the same freedom.

Freedom is the basic concept and contruct of life everywhere, because freedom is the basic nature of God. All systems which reduce, restrict, impinge upon, or eliminate freedom in any way are systems which work against life itself.

Freedom is not the goal of the human soul, but its very nature. By nature the soul is free. Lack of freedom is, therefore, a violation of the very nature of the soul."

So simple and yet so widely neglected and/or overlooked.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:39 AM   #5
snapple
i think i'm high

snapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal sonsnapple prodigal son

which one should i pick up? i've studied theology and philosophy so if it's advanced or has termonology that's fine i'm familiar with it

Realness
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:01 PM   #6
V4D3R
Singularity Instigator

V4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venoms

Book 1 - Conversations with God.

**Noel - I think it's a good read. Some of the things are on point- like the perfect structure of goverment. I need to get book 3 again to read about the universe. Book one was about self- book 2 about yourself within the "ALL". Book 3 about the "All" Universe.

V4D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:16 PM   #7
VDB-King
Wie is Ut?

VDB-King grasshopper

I believe my mom reads these books.
VDB-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:24 PM   #8
noel411
The ABBOTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple View Post
which one should i pick up? i've studied theology and philosophy so if it's advanced or has termonology that's fine i'm familiar with it
I would recommend you start with "Conversations With God" book 1. The content is mostly fairly basic. There is some seemingly "advanced" concepts in them, but they're generally broken down to show how simple they really are. That's part of the beauty of these books. "God" will say something that sounds really confusing and even contradictory, at times, and then break it down so you can see how simple it really is.
Quote:
Noel - I think it's a good read. Some of the things are on point- like the perfect structure of goverment. I need to get book 3 again to read about the universe. Book one was about self- book 2 about yourself within the "ALL". Book 3 about the "All" Universe.
Don't forget he's written many other books too. I haven't read any of them yet, aside from the CWG series, but I'm reading "Friendship With God" at the moment, and it's along the same lines as the CWG books. Good stuff. I've got another 5 or so of his books too, which I'll get to one day.