news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 12-18-2006, 03:18 AM   #1
Bloo
Da Main Gatdamit!!!

Bloo drunken mastaBloo drunken mastaBloo drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Bloo
Default Where's Common Sense? (not the rapper)

It's come to my attention (and yours as well I'm sure) that people in the age in time seem to be a lot more stupid than in years past. Now by stupid I don't mean can't pass a test stupid. By stupid I mean, can't figure out your right from your left. I mean come on! Life's not that hard, it's only really as hard as you make it. I'll give some examples...

1. The recent string of people wanting compensation from Nintendo due to faulty wriststraps on their controllers. They claim that they have been snapping off during gameplay causing them to go flying and do damage to either their TVs or other people.

2. In my area, a 24 year old kid got shot to death, so far no leads have popped up as to who did it but the kid was driving a 2005 Cadillac. Police believe the incident is drug related.

3. My little sister had a science project she needed to have done today. She knew about this project for the last 5 weeks yet after all of the notice she just barely started working on it last night.

Now the people here with common sense would know that their are solutions to all these problems and for them it would take little effort to find said solutions and probably even less effort to actually do them. But for those aho are a little slow I'll help ya out...

1. Don't swing controllers like their bats! Even if they are motion sensitive.

2. 24 year olds driving around in cars they're not supposed to be able to afford until they're at least 44 screams DRUG DEALER! You might as well advertise.

3. If your teacher gives you 5 weeks notice about your assignment. Start doing it, that way you don't have to worry about it 5 weeks later.

I'm sure I could find thousands of examples where common sense could've gotten someone out of an otherwise sitcky situation but that's not my goal. I just want to know if you guys notice it too...

My mother always used to tell me, "There are some people where you can tell them 'The pot is hot, don't touch it!' and they'll take your word for it. Then you have the people who have to touch the pot to see if you're telling the truth. Son, don't be a pot toucher."

So to all my Wu board people, don't be pot touchers. Feel free to add on to this as well.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:41 AM   #2
Ginnsey
Crazy Optician.

Ginnsey sitting duck

I know what you mean.

I walk around town and i feel like im surrounded by idiots.

But i wouldnt say that people are worse for it nowadays than they were before. Im sure that there were just as many stupid people around in the past as there is now.
Ginnsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:11 AM   #3
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I hate to say it, but I see less common sense in KTL than I do in most other places.

The term "common sense" needs to be redefined, because what it's supposed to represent is not common amongst human beings at all...sadly.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:40 AM   #4
Sexy Jasper
Fuck your thing

Sexy Jasper shaolin monk
Send a message via ICQ to Sexy Jasper Send a message via AIM to Sexy Jasper Send a message via MSN to Sexy Jasper Send a message via Yahoo to Sexy Jasper Send a message via Skype™ to Sexy Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
I hate to say it, but I see less common sense in KTL than I do in most other places.

The term "common sense" needs to be redefined, because what it's supposed to represent is not common amongst human beings at all...sadly.
You're probably another one of those idiots who believes in giant reptiles ruling the earth for years.

Sexy Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:09 AM   #5
Ginnsey
Crazy Optician.

Ginnsey sitting duck

^^^^ Now lets not get started on that one again. but they so obviously did. and its common sense knowing that its true.

Its not common sense to say they didnt because thats against how your religion tells it. thats just stupidity and ignorance.

but ill leave it there. cus thats not what this thread is about.

maybe u were being sarcastic and i dont have the common sense to notice it. but i think sarcasm should be left out of forums because in alot of cases unless you can hear the tone of voice that the poster wants to put behind his/her post u really cant tell. because you are just reading something and youve not heard it being said.
Ginnsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 02:41 PM   #6
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by With Erika View Post
You're probably another one of those idiots who believes in giant reptiles ruling the earth for years.
Maybe so, but I don't believe in the portrayal scientists have made of them. Anybody with common sense would realise that dinosaurs had black skin of an original asiatic nature.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:00 PM   #7
abasi
Veteran Member

abasi grasshopper

I do believe people are morons for the most part, I'm no Einstein but I know what it takes not to get shot, I know not to start any task at the last moment, and I know not to power swing a controller.

But I think the reasons why people do or say stupid things are a lot broader.
When I was growing up people respected one another and parents taught their childen values and it seemed that people learned from their mistakes exect for a few knuckle heads. I know I went a bit off of topic but it seems that there are more knuckle heads also with the technology age people like being told what to do
abasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:55 PM   #8
Bloo
Da Main Gatdamit!!!

Bloo drunken mastaBloo drunken mastaBloo drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Bloo

That's something I've noticed too. One of those "Leaders and Followers" situations. I just think that a lot of the people who fit into that follower category just submit too much. Just cause you're not a leader doesn't mean you can't make your own decisions. That's how people get taken advantage of.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:17 AM   #9
supremecharma
5%... lawls....

supremecharma grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasi View Post
I do believe people are morons for the most part, I'm no Einstein but I know what it takes not to get shot, I know not to start any task at the last moment, and I know not to power swing a controller.

But I think the reasons why people do or say stupid things are a lot broader.
When I was growing up people respected one another and parents taught their childen values and it seemed that people learned from their mistakes exect for a few knuckle heads. I know I went a bit off of topic but it seems that there are more knuckle heads also with the technology age people like being told what to do
truth.
supremecharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:13 AM   #10
renagade410

renagade410 grasshopper

people are getting dumber by the second
renagade410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:24 AM   #11
abasi
Veteran Member

abasi grasshopper

you know what i thought was idiotic
was when everyone was spilling coffee on themseilves while driving
then suing the place where they got the coffee from
coffee is hot why not wait for it to cool
abasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:34 AM   #12
Sexy Jasper
Fuck your thing

Sexy Jasper shaolin monk
Send a message via ICQ to Sexy Jasper Send a message via AIM to Sexy Jasper Send a message via MSN to Sexy Jasper Send a message via Yahoo to Sexy Jasper Send a message via Skype™ to Sexy Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by renagade410 View Post
people are getting dumber by the second
Intelligent people put their career before kids.

Sexy Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote