news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 08-13-2007, 11:44 AM   #1
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

blackwisdom crouching tigerblackwisdom crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to blackwisdom
Default The Official Wu-Tang Martial Arts Thread

Greetings All,

The question was posed to me in another thread so I chose to make an official inquiry to all.

Do you practice Martial Arts? If so, what style(s)?

I mean, this is Wu-Tang right? To get it jumped off here's a clip from my art, Wing Chun.

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven
blackwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:54 PM   #2
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Urban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal son

I've taken Ninjitsu, Tae Kwon Do and Capoeria but right now, I'm hooked on Shaolin Kung-Fu.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:12 AM   #3
Ultimate Fist
Veteran Member

Ultimate Fist shaolin monk

I used to do Moo Duk Kwan but where I live there's no martial arts. I still practice the philosophy of the different arts I've encountered though and I consider that the best part.
Ultimate Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:14 AM   #4
Os3y3ris
Veteran Member

Os3y3ris shaolin monk

Brazilian jiujitsu is my current style. I also know TKD, thai, wrestling, boxing, american sub grappling, some bando, some sanuces ryu, some sambo.

Madness! Combustion! Liberty and the end of all law! The invisible international! The toast is anarchy!
Os3y3ris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:37 PM   #5
SWAMP WATER
Veteran Member

SWAMP WATER shaolin monk

Ive taken Krav Maga,and Shaolin Kung FU. I never got the chance to become a black sash because the school closed down,which sucks.Now im currently looking for another school.Wing Chun is on my list as well as JEET KUN DO,and JAN FAN.Im looking soely based on selfdeffense,as far as getting in better shape thats a bouns.Anybody,including the thread starter got any style reconmendations let a nigga know.
SWAMP WATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:46 PM   #6
IrOnMaN
I understand

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I've been taking Hapkido for about a year. I love it! On 8/4/07, I took my test to become a high yellow belt and I passed. It was hard as hell but it was worth it. I can take on three men in a street fight, unless one of them has a gun.
IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:58 PM   #7
famenchuan
Wu Vatican

famenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkey

Northern Shaolin Kung fu and to be more specific Lohan Chuan. Been traing for 6 years now. Along the way I've done a little bit of Krav Maga and Brazilian Jujitsu.
famenchuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:40 PM   #8
brown_dogg
the brown guy

brown_dogg grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to brown_dogg

I'm doing a bunch of different shit right now:
- Muay Thai
- Savate (french kickboxing)
- Jun Fan
- Kali (phillipino stick, sword, knife fighting)
- north american Boxing

If you wanna stay in good shape, I recommend muay thai and boxing. Very demanding cardio shit.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:32 PM   #9
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAMP WATER View Post
Ive taken Krav Maga,and Shaolin Kung FU. I never got the chance to become a black sash because the school closed down,which sucks.Now im currently looking for another school.Wing Chun is on my list as well as JEET KUN DO,and JAN FAN.Im looking soely based on selfdeffense,as far as getting in better shape thats a bouns.Anybody,including the thread starter got any style reconmendations let a nigga know.
I recommend that you just take Wing Chun (and not Jeet Kune Do as an additional). Bruce became the fighter that he was due to it. Almost all of the basic principles come from Wing Chun. He just added other styles flavor to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman
I've been taking Hapkido for about a year. I love it! On 8/4/07, I took my test to become a high yellow belt and I passed. It was hard as hell but it was worth it. I can take on three men in a street fight, unless one of them has a gun.
I learned techniques from the Marine Corps for that. My man'll end up with a broken arm. Mix my Wing Chun with that and he's dead.

I know several Brothers that know Capoeria. I would love to practice it. I have always been interested in Ninjitsu. When I'm ready I know that a teacher will appear.

I see we have some dangerous people here in Wu-Tang Corps. Thanks for sharing.

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
Old 08-14-2007, 05:33 PM   #10
RAMESH
penalty boxed user

RAMESH shaolin monk

i practice i got a big crew kung fu, touch me & you going to get fucked up, i keep a knuckle buster in my back pocket & a battern in my car
RAMESH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:36 PM   #11
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMESH View Post
i practice i got a big crew kung fu, touch me & you going to get fucked up, i keep a knuckle buster in my back pocket & a battern in my car
I always have weapons on me but I think I would even bother to try to use 'em now.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:01 PM   #12
RAMESH
penalty boxed user

RAMESH shaolin monk

i don't like to hurt my hands, i don't like to get hurt at all, i got nothing to proove so when i do fight it's to seriously hurt my oponents as quick as possable so that they can't get up & would never want to come back, no mercy. i would kill them if i didn't have to go to jail jor it.
RAMESH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:50 PM   #13
IrOnMaN
I understand

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwisdom View Post
I recommend that you just take Wing Chun (and not Jeet Kune Do as an additional). Bruce became the fighter that he was due to it. Almost all of the basic principles come from Wing Chun. He just added other styles flavor to it.
I learned techniques from the Marine Corps for that. My man'll end up with a broken arm. Mix my Wing Chun with that and he's dead.

I know several Brothers that know Capoeria. I would love to practice it. I have always been interested in Ninjitsu. When I'm ready I know that a teacher will appear.

I see we have some dangerous people here in Wu-Tang Corps. Thanks for sharing.

Do you have a Katana? I only have Nunchunks.
IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:11 PM   #14
DRUNKENDRAGON
Veteran Member

DRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkeyDRUNKENDRAGON iron monkey

Ba Bu Tang Lang Chuan, Wu Tai Chi Chuan, and Jin Gong Tzu Li Gong Chi Kung

http://www.8step.com/
DRUNKENDRAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:41 PM   #15
famenchuan
Wu Vatican

famenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkeyfamenchuan iron monkey

We should all come together and have a tournament.
famenchuan is offline   Reply With Quote