news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 08-15-2007, 10:54 AM   #1
L~>1<~NKS
Magic Cities Noonsunn

L~>1<~NKS iron monkeyL~>1<~NKS iron monkeyL~>1<~NKS iron monkeyL~>1<~NKS iron monkey
Default G.i. Joe (the Flick!)

G.I. Joe Casting Buzz
UPDATED: ******* out as director?!
by Stax

August 14, 2007 - Only days after we learned that Stephen ******* was in talks to direct Paramount's live-action G.I. Joe movie comes word that the Van Helsing and Mummy director may already have parted ways with the project.

According to IESB.net, ******* is out as the film's director because of salary reasons. The site adds that Len Wiseman may be in the running to replace him, however, The Hollywood Reporter just reported that he's in negotiations to direct the Escape From New York remake for New Line.

IESB also has the lowdown on changes that are being made to G.I. Joe on its way to the silver screen. If the current crop of rumors pan out, G.I. Joe fans shouldn't expect Paramount's version to bear much resemblance to the comic book, cartoon and toy franchise that inspired it. At least not in the "A Real American Hero" sense.

Word first surfaced months ago that the studio and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura wanted to include the original G.I. Joe doll's British counterpart, Action Man, into the storyline, which would make the Joe movie a buddy flick. Mark Wahlberg has been approached to play the Joes' team leader Duke, and now IESB claims to know who the powers-that-be want to play Action Man.

The site reports that Wahlberg's co-star from The Italian Job, Jason Statham, is being eyed for the role of the British hero. "The producers are keen on keeping the Action Man character in the film to make marketing of the film easier abroad including using that name for international territories to avoid any potential negative reactions that some parts of the world may have with the name G.I. Joe," according to IESB.

- Paramount

Mark Wahlberg (L) and Jason Statham (R) in The Italian Job.

Oh, the purported changes don't just end there. The site adds, "The new GI Joe/Action Man team is expected to be made up of various individuals from around the world and will not be exclusively American or British. The characters will still be based from the original cartoons, toys and comics but with a globe-trotting flavor."
Old 08-15-2007, 02:26 PM   #2
GreenPoop!

GreenPoop! grasshopper

Oh god please no. The cartoon and the movie was good enough. I don't see how a live action movie of G.I. Joe could be any good.

Ving Rhames for Roadblock though.

Last edited by GreenPoop!; 08-15-2007 at 02:28 PM.
GreenPoop! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:47 AM   #3
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I was gonna post this a while back but decided against it cos I had a thread about GI JOE being made into a movie and it didn't get much response........seems I was right.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:22 AM   #4
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

sweet cant wait..im so gay for g.i joe..i used to play with them along with barbie
100pr00f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:30 PM   #5
L~>1<~NKS
Magic Cities Noonsunn

L~>1<~NKS iron monkeyL~>1<~NKS iron monkeyL~>1<~NKS iron monkeyL~>1<~NKS iron monkey

^^^ Wow.... that was hella revealing.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:21 PM   #6
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

haha
100pr00f is offline   Reply With Quote