news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 08-21-2007, 12:38 AM   #31
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

blackwisdom crouching tigerblackwisdom crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to blackwisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMethods View Post
Taking anothers life.

Put a gun to anyones head and they'll do ANYTHING. They'd rather that then die.
I'm not contradicting you just adding my thought.

Most people are trained so well that they hold the gun to their own head.

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven
blackwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:08 PM   #32
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

Eating cows...

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
Old 08-27-2007, 12:56 PM   #33
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean michael View Post
agreed.

harming those you cannot defend themselves is disgusting in general.

its fucked up in society, how child molestors usually are given more lenient sentences than murderers, ive never got that.
The Justice systems sucks
Old 08-28-2007, 09:40 PM   #34
Dokuro
Banned

Dokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killa

Thou shalt not make repetitive generic music
Dokuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:51 PM   #35
Cthulhu
Veteran Member

Cthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwisdom View Post
That's all I needed to hear in reply to this.

I'm speaking of rebellion to your righteous self. If that's BS then...
I don't believe in any kind of "righteous self" beyond something I might have or could possibly invent within my own perception. If there is some kind of transcendental, extra-material force that guides life, I don't think there is enough empirical evidence for me to submit my intellect to it.

I basically abide by the tenets of absurdism - that existence is essentially absurd and without inherent meaning. This is not necessarily a negative thing because it opens a man to define his life with whatever he chooses, instead of submitting to dogma. A man can create his own meaning in life, though he should be aware that it is still HIS invention and he must not delude himself.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:56 AM   #36
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
I don't believe in any kind of "righteous self" beyond something I might have or could possibly invent within my own perception. If there is some kind of transcendental, extra-material force that guides life, I don't think there is enough empirical evidence for me to submit my intellect to it.

I basically abide by the tenets of absurdism - that existence is essentially absurd and without inherent meaning. This is not necessarily a negative thing because it opens a man to define his life with whatever he chooses, instead of submitting to dogma. A man can create his own meaning in life, though he should be aware that it is still HIS invention and he must not delude himself.
I understand but just don't agree. For a moment you put me in mind of the puppet masters that attempt to comtrol this world (I'm not dissing though, please don't get my words confused). It almost sounds like one of the Greek thoughts that when you die nothing happens.

Do you consider yourself to be a sort of Athiest, or do you just want to plain and simple define yourself on your own merits?

Oh, and when I say "righteous self" I just mean having consciousness of good and bad and consciously leaning over to the good side. I may talk complicated some times but everything is really basic and simple to me.

Old 09-01-2007, 07:33 PM   #37
Cthulhu
Veteran Member

Cthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkey

Quote:
I understand but just don't agree. For a moment you put me in mind of the puppet masters that attempt to comtrol this world (I'm not dissing though, please don't get my words confused). It almost sounds like one of the Greek thoughts that when you die nothing happens.

Do you consider yourself to be a sort of Athiest, or do you just want to plain and simple define yourself on your own merits?

Oh, and when I say "righteous self" I just mean having consciousness of good and bad and consciously leaning over to the good side. I may talk complicated some times but everything is really basic and simple to me.
By definition, I am an atheist, for I believe in no god. Furthermore, I don't believe in any sort of supernatural things at all. The entire concept that there are things that somehow defy the laws of physics is beyond logic. If such things existed, it would not even be logical for humans to perceive them since our senses operate within the plane of material reality.

I live by a set of "moral" conduct based on what I understand will benefit me within my society and also based on how I would like others to treat me, however I believe that concepts of "good" and "bad, "right" and "wrong" are entirely relative and exist only within human perception. Obviously, there are values that are cross-cultural, and these are beliefs that generally benefit human societies by large.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:08 PM   #38
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

Quote:
By definition, I am an atheist, for I believe in no god. Furthermore, I don't believe in any sort of supernatural things at all. The entire concept that there are things that somehow defy the laws of physics is beyond logic. If such things existed, it would not even be logical for humans to perceive them since our senses operate within the plane of material reality.

I live by a set of "moral" conduct based on what I understand will benefit me within my society and also based on how I would like others to treat me, however I believe that concepts of "good" and "bad, "right" and "wrong" are entirely relative and exist only within human perception. Obviously, there are values that are cross-cultural, and these are beliefs that generally benefit human societies by large.
Thanks for sharing that.

My concept of God is completely within the confines of science and what can be proven. The earliest civilizations (which I study and model my concepts from) simply observed creation and related to it in a pure sense. From their descriptions and explinations we get the stories of creation, etc. The way that it was taught to me was that this is for the children. The science behind the stories is for the adults. Many people get lost in the stories and never pick up the science behind them.

I won't go too far with that thought, I just wanted to share. I'm not mad at your reality at all. I just can't except the concept that there is no divine order to creation.

Sem Hotep

Old 09-01-2007, 09:56 PM   #39
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

Quote:

Who told you super natural thing defy laws of physics?

If such things existed, wouldn't it be fair to assume that we could percieve them?

And if this was so, why would super naturals things reveal them selves to you when you refuse to aknowledge their existence?

Just because I don't reply to everybody's posts doesn't mean i'm not reading them. Couldn't you apply that concept to your philosphy on the non-existent supernaturals?
Old 09-01-2007, 10:09 PM   #40
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

^Certain people's body chemistries can detect certain energy frequencies that others can't. If you're not intuned then you can't grasp the concept. That's like me telling you to turn your radio to 97.5 and you don't have a radio. You'll look at me like I'm a fool. Think about it...

Old 09-01-2007, 10:28 PM   #41
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
^Certain people's body chemistries can detect certain energy frequencies that others can't. If you're not intuned then you can't grasp the concept. That's like me telling you to turn your radio to 97.5 and you don't have a radio. You'll look at me like I'm a fool. Think about it...
I think it's more like:

Me telling someone to tune in their radio and they're claiming there's no such thing as music. Think about that one.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:41 PM   #42
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

I follow but according to my study some people lack the facualties to receive, therefore they disbelieve what they have no awareness of do to that lack of facualty.

In essence they don't believe in music cause they can't hear it. I won't argue the point cause I feel that we have a similar basic understanding.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:12 PM   #43
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

Quote:
I follow but according to my study some people lack the facualties to receive, therefore they disbelieve what they have no awareness of do to that lack of facualty.

In essence they don't believe in music cause they can't hear it. I won't argue the point cause I feel that we have a similar basic understanding.
I see your point. I think there's still a chance though.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:18 PM   #44
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

Yes there is. I've had this conversation with people from different ethnicities and they said that it's just more easier for some than others.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:37 PM   #45
Cthulhu
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy Capalini View Post
Who told you super natural thing defy laws of physics?

If such things existed, wouldn't it be fair to assume that we could percieve them?

And if this was so, why would super naturals things reveal them selves to you when you refuse to aknowledge their existence?

Just because I don't reply to everybody's posts doesn't mean i'm not reading them. Couldn't you apply that concept to your philosphy on the non-existent supernaturals?
"Supernatural" by definition means that it's beyond what is natural. If gods, ghosts, demons, etc. were explainable by physical phenomena, the term "supernatural" no longer applies.

If there are things that defy the very matter and physical laws that make up existence, then our sensory organs would have no way of perceiving them since they operate though natural phenomena.

Why would I care if they reveal themselves to me? That's their perogative if they want to show themselves. If I were a "supernatural being" I would want skeptics to know I exist and explain why I can somehow operate in their plane of reality while defying its physical laws. Why is it that "gods" and "angels" seem to reveal themselves to unquestioning sheep who are willing to believe in vague fancies and unfounded delusions?

I suppose it's possible for something to exist outside our own faculty of awareness, but if so, it's fairly futile to make a guess at what that thing would be. People try to justify the existence of gods or souls, or whatever as things beyond human comprehension. If that's what it is, then why are you trying to pin it down under a human definition?

Obviously I can't be 100% sure the supernatural is nonexistant, but things that are unfalsifiable are also unprovable. It's existence isn't important enough to me if it's impossible to prove it true or false. Maybe one day we'll have the knowledge to decode such things, but until then I don't care about it.