news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2007, 02:46 PM   #11
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
"Supernatural" by definition means that it's beyond what is natural. If gods, ghosts, demons, etc. were explainable by physical phenomena, the term "supernatural" no longer applies.

If there are things that defy the very matter and physical laws that make up existence, then our sensory organs would have no way of perceiving them since they operate though natural phenomena.

Why would I care if they reveal themselves to me? That's their perogative if they want to show themselves. If I were a "supernatural being" I would want skeptics to know I exist and explain why I can somehow operate in their plane of reality while defying its physical laws. Why is it that "gods" and "angels" seem to reveal themselves to unquestioning sheep who are willing to believe in vague fancies and unfounded delusions?

I suppose it's possible for something to exist outside our own faculty of awareness, but if so, it's fairly futile to make a guess at what that thing would be. People try to justify the existence of gods or souls, or whatever as things beyond human comprehension. If that's what it is, then why are you trying to pin it down under a human definition?

Obviously I can't be 100% sure the supernatural is nonexistant, but things that are unfalsifiable are also unprovable. It's existence isn't important enough to me if it's impossible to prove it true or false. Maybe one day we'll have the knowledge to decode such things, but until then I don't care about it.
Well then:

We've established that if super-natural beings exist, then they are no longer super natural but a natural part of our universe.

If this is the case then the reason you can't experience them is because your tuned out from the correct frequecies.

Wi-Fi and other wireless signals allows us to communicate over long distances. Just because we don't have our Nintendo Wii plugged in doesn't mean Bloo Hook isn't trying to mail me some new Mii's from florida.

Laws dictate that I must have my Wii plugged in with the correct Mac address programmed for my dongle to recieve the message.

Maybe it's time you get plugged in and experience what someone is trying to mail you.

Last edited by WARPATH; 09-03-2007 at 02:56 PM.
WARPATH is offline   Reply With Quote