news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 09-18-2007, 10:22 AM   #76
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
Afraid of what? How can I fear what I don't believe in? I used the term "spook" as an insulting euphemism for supernatural entities some people might hold sacred.

Obviously I fear what every other human fears: death, the unknown, helplessness in a chaotic world, etc. The difference is that I don't need fairy tales to help me cope with it. Instead I rely on skeptical inquiry, humanitarian philosophy, a healthy dose of cyncism and absdurdism, and - most importantly - creativity. I am a writer and I like to create works of art. I like to experience life and comment on it. I like to tell stories or provoke thought. That's how I derive meaning out of an existence that is essentially absurd.

Fuck your gods, demons, angels, spirits, whatever. They have no will over my individuality. Only my upbringing, environment, and psychological makeup control my path in life.
I never claimed any of these things. Having a firm grasp on reality is one of your stong traits.

But you fear death--- which is possibley why you believe God is upsurd?

When fear is no longer clouding your judgment, you stop being......judgemental.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:35 AM   #77
L~>1<~NKS
Magic Cities Noonsunn

L~>1<~NKS iron monkeyL~>1<~NKS iron monkeyL~>1<~NKS iron monkeyL~>1<~NKS iron monkey

^^^ Werd.

My biggest sin - whole lotta lust / promiscuity.

But the biggest sin that I REGRET? Not showing as much love or "honor" to mah blood family as I should.

But that's in the PAST - except for the lust / promiscuity part, sorry Dios but I really enjoy the sugah walls of heaven.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:43 AM   #78
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1NKS View Post
^^^ Werd.

My biggest sin - whole lotta lust / promiscuity.

But the biggest sin that I REGRET? Not showing as much love or "honor" to mah blood family as I should.

But that's in the PAST - except for the lust / promiscuity part, sorry Dios but I really enjoy the sugah walls of heaven.
I don't understand when making babies became a sin. I mean lust/ prosicuity = Children. Even if you not purporsley trying have children and your just enjoying yourself, evenutally your gonna have a child somewhere.

Life goes on. Why should making life be a sin?
Old 09-18-2007, 11:04 AM   #79
L~>1<~NKS
Magic Cities Noonsunn

L~>1<~NKS iron monkeyL~>1<~NKS iron monkeyL~>1<~NKS iron monkeyL~>1<~NKS iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy Capalini View Post
I don't understand when making babies became a sin. I mean lust/ prosicuity = Children. Even if you not purporsley trying have children and your just enjoying yourself, evenutally your gonna have a child somewhere.

Life goes on. Why should making life be a sin?
I don't understand it either - but it's part of the 7 sins and havin' been brought up Christian, that was what was expected of you to avoid - from the bible @ least. It's about Loving and not just Fuckin, etc.

Although my family never really inforced it in the house hold for other reasons.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:40 PM   #80
Cthulhu
Veteran Member

Cthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkey

Quote:
I never claimed any of these things. Having a firm grasp on reality is one of your stong traits.

But you fear death--- which is possibley why you believe God is upsurd?

When fear is no longer clouding your judgment, you stop being......judgemental.
It would be more accurate to say that the fear of death is the CAUSE of believing in God or any other dubious idealogy whose belief helps lessen the fear. I fear death for the same reason any other man fears it: we have no way of knowing what one experiences after those last neurons cease activity in your brain. As far as science can reach this day in age, we can only assume there is no continued consciousness, as the mechanisms for consciousness have ceased once the brain is dead. The feeling of nonexistence is unfathomable and terrifyingin that respect, although there's nothing to suggest it is painful. Do you know if you felt any pain prior to your birth? People who come out of a coma certainly can't recall if there was any suffering during that period of besieged brain actvity.

I believe God, as most humans define such a being, is absurd because there exists no testable evidence for him. All the assertions about such a thing are neither provable nor falsifiable. That makes them only conjectures and nothing more. Certainly I leave open the possibility that things could exist beyond the realm of current human knowledge. What is the essence of existence itself I wonder? However, to bow down and worship, or to follow any kind of conduct from a being you can only guess at seems entirely absurd to me. It is not necessary to have God in the picture to justify ANY human characteristics or biological traits. In fact it's quite certain that having god in the picture leads to actions that humans without him would otherwise have no inclination of doing, such as murder of "infidels." Compare that with an act of charity and mercy, which requires no belief in god, only a heartfelt desire to help another human being.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 06:53 PM   #81
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

Quote:
It would be more accurate to say that the fear of death is the CAUSE of believing in God or any other dubious idealogy whose belief helps lessen the fear. I fear death for the same reason any other man fears it: we have no way of knowing what one experiences after those last neurons cease activity in your brain. As far as science can reach this day in age, we can only assume there is no continued consciousness, as the mechanisms for consciousness have ceased once the brain is dead. The feeling of nonexistence is unfathomable and terrifyingin that respect, although there's nothing to suggest it is painful. Do you know if you felt any pain prior to your birth? People who come out of a coma certainly can't recall if there was any suffering during that period of besieged brain actvity.

I believe God, as most humans define such a being, is absurd because there exists no testable evidence for him. All the assertions about such a thing are neither provable nor falsifiable. That makes them only conjectures and nothing more. Certainly I leave open the possibility that things could exist beyond the realm of current human knowledge. What is the essence of existence itself I wonder? However, to bow down and worship, or to follow any kind of conduct from a being you can only guess at seems entirely absurd to me. It is not necessary to have God in the picture to justify ANY human characteristics or biological traits. In fact it's quite certain that having god in the picture leads to actions that humans without him would otherwise have no inclination of doing, such as murder of "infidels." Compare that with an act of charity and mercy, which requires no belief in god, only a heartfelt desire to help another human being.
I don't fear death because:

1. I'm a spritual person.

2. Science, simple physics, experiences, and observations in my enviroment.

An object in motion stays in motion unless acted on by another force.

3. I've been learning not to hold on to defined parameters.

There are laws of science that are undefinable. Through science and mathmatics we can see that these laws are just a loose collective of our understanding.

For Example:

Space and time, are unmeasurable. We can only measure protions with clocks and rulers.

You should let go of your bible becuase even if you don't believe in God, your using it to measure God's capacity.

Last edited by WARPATH; 09-21-2007 at 06:56 PM.
WARPATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 07:01 PM   #82
7EL7
Yes Yes Yall

7EL7 crouching tiger

Quote:
Iblis is not real buddy. Stop placing the problem of evil on a fictional character. The sooner you realize that, the better off you will be making rational decisions in an irrational world.

lmao

you on point

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."
7EL7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:14 AM   #83
Cthulhu
Veteran Member

Cthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkey

Quote:
I don't fear death because:

1. I'm a spritual person.

2. Science, simple physics, experiences, and observations in my enviroment.

An object in motion stays in motion unless acted on by another force.

3. I've been learning not to hold on to defined parameters.

There are laws of science that are undefinable. Through science and mathmatics we can see that these laws are just a loose collective of our understanding.

For Example:

Space and time, are unmeasurable. We can only measure protions with clocks and rulers.

You should let go of your bible becuase even if you don't believe in God, your using it to measure God's capacity.
Believe me, I don't "hold onto" my Bible. I have a fascination with history and world relgions. I like to learn about them from an objective perspective. My "measuring" as you call it is only in a hypothetical sense. I don't believe in any kind of deity, I'm only pointing out the logical problems associated with the common beliefs about such a being.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:20 AM   #84
Cthulhu
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1NKS View Post
I don't understand it either - but it's part of the 7 sins and havin' been brought up Christian, that was what was expected of you to avoid - from the bible @ least. It's about Loving and not just Fuckin, etc.

Although my family never really inforced it in the house hold for other reasons.
The Seven Deadly Sins were invented by the Catholic Church. There's nothing about them in the Christian Bible. But don't worry too much, there's still a whole host of other irrational lists of conduct throughout the Bible.

Furthermore, why would you simply sit back and swallow something you don't understand? That's how people get tricked into awful ideas like Fascism and Stalinism.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:15 AM   #85
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

Quote:
The Seven Deadly Sins were invented by the Catholic Church. There's nothing about them in the Christian Bible. But don't worry too much, there's still a whole host of other irrational lists of conduct throughout the Bible.

Furthermore, why would you simply sit back and swallow something you don't understand? That's how people get tricked into awful ideas like Fascism and Stalinism.
What's irrational to you centers other people. It helps keep balance in their life. If reading scriptures helps someone walk with peace in their life then they shouldn't be scutinized or judged for it.

What do you have that centers you?
Old 09-25-2007, 09:25 PM   #86
Cthulhu
Veteran Member

Quote:
What's irrational to you centers other people. It helps keep balance in their life. If reading scriptures helps someone walk with peace in their life then they shouldn't be scutinized or judged for it.

What do you have that centers you?
Just because it "centers" them doesn't make it true or worth believing. Furthermore, by that rationale no one should criticize terrorists because their beliefs about death and the afterlife "centers" their life.

I rely on reason, logic, and pleasure in worldly things and emotional bonds to center my life. I don't need books with fanciful claims to help me get by.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:38 PM   #87
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

Quote:
Just because it "centers" them doesn't make it true or worth believing. Furthermore, by that rationale no one should criticize terrorists because their beliefs about death and the afterlife "centers" their life.

I rely on reason, logic, and pleasure in worldly things and emotional bonds to center my life. I don't need books with fanciful claims to help me get by.
It's worth believing if it gives you peace.

I'm not rationalizing the acts committed by terrorists.

That's the extreme. Terrorists aren't balanced with their life exspecially if their commiting acts to end their life.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:49 PM   #88
Cthulhu
Veteran Member

Quote:
It's worth believing if it gives you peace.

I'm not rationalizing the acts committed by terrorists.

That's the extreme. Terrorists aren't balanced with their life exspecially if their commiting acts to end their life.
Try telling that to a Muslim who thinks he's going to the afterlife.

They don't actually think their lives are ending. They seriously believe there is a reward waiting for them. These aren't clinically depressed, mentally disturbed, or even poverty-stricken people. The people who crashed into WTC were all college-educated. By all accounts of what they believe, their lives are in perfect order. They just simply believe that if they die fighting against Allah's foes then they bring get a reward in paradise and bring honor to their families.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:50 PM   #89
Dokuro
Banned

Dokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killa

ok now its changed somebody vandilized the crystal cathedral so that would be it no im not a varry big fan of chistans but it still fucked up
Dokuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:37 PM   #90
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

Quote:
Try telling that to a Muslim who thinks he's going to the afterlife.

They don't actually think their lives are ending. They seriously believe there is a reward waiting for them. These aren't clinically depressed, mentally disturbed, or even poverty-stricken people. The people who crashed into WTC were all college-educated. By all accounts of what they believe, their lives are in perfect order. They just simply believe that if they die fighting against Allah's foes then they bring get a reward in paradise and bring honor to their families.
They were crazy. They new children were going to die. Quit defending them.