news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 10-03-2007, 05:30 PM   #121
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

^^ I guess it makes sense that you wouldn't like the album if you don't like the mc...

Not hip-hop, but I also just bought:

Trojan Rocksteady Box Set
Trojan Roots Box Set
Trojan Dub Box Set
Trojan Ska Box Set

They're all 50 track triple disc anniversary (40 years of Trojan) sets, for only 7 each in Virgin Megastores (in the UK obviouslly).

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 10-04-2007 at 09:25 AM.
LuckyTheWonderDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:54 AM   #122
VallKano
Veteran Member

VallKano shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to VallKano

ehhh...whatever
bought
styles-the ghost sessions
tum tum-eat or get ate
hell rell-for the hell of it
VallKano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:25 PM   #123
A1ex

A1ex grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinx View Post
How's the Percee P album? I'm gonna pick it up when I get paid. I love Dilla, but didn't really get that album as it's just the tracks he did with Pharcyde and stuff, nothing new.
It's cool man, good album. Got a nice old school meets new school kinda vibe to it. Percee with the old school flow and Madlib on the beats. They work well together. Couple of nice guest spots on there too. Just a nice piece of work all round really.

Next purchase for me is gonna be the Grimm album you've got in your signature there I think. Not sure how available it'll be over here though. Took me a while to get a copy of American Hunger last year. Was well worth it though.
A1ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:12 AM   #124
VallKano
Veteran Member

VallKano shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to VallKano

next paycheck about 100 dollars goin to UGHH.com for shit i wont be able to find in stores
VallKano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:46 AM   #125
SickT
Pretty Toney

SickT iron monkeySickT iron monkeySickT iron monkeySickT iron monkey

Just picked up Public Enemys new album. gotta bump that later today...
SickT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:59 AM   #126
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1ex View Post
It's cool man, good album. Got a nice old school meets new school kinda vibe to it. Percee with the old school flow and Madlib on the beats. They work well together. Couple of nice guest spots on there too. Just a nice piece of work all round really.

Next purchase for me is gonna be the Grimm album you've got in your signature there I think. Not sure how available it'll be over here though. Took me a while to get a copy of American Hunger last year. Was well worth it though.
I'm in the UK, but I ordered it from UGHH in the US. I found it later on a UK site, but even including the cost of airmail it still didn't cost any more from UGHH than it would have done from the UK site and I got some other cool stuff at the same time.

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...
Old 10-05-2007, 06:27 AM   #127
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Das EFX - Hold It Down
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:35 AM   #128
Hypnotik Pimp

Hypnotik Pimp grasshopper

soulja boy
Hypnotik Pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:57 AM   #129
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

A Tribe Called Quest - The Love Movement

Havent listened to it yet, just got it coz its ATCQ. I havent heard the best reviews about it, but still.

AOTY
Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:02 PM   #130
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

^^ The only Tribe album I barely felt at all. Got it for my brother as a gift, listened to it once or maybe twice and didn't even bother to copy it.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:31 PM   #131
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durag View Post

Havent listened to it yet, just got it coz its ATCQ. I havent heard the best reviews about it, but still.
its not awful, its just fairly average, still dilla on the production, and a couple of stand out tracks
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:09 PM   #132
J-DON
Veteran Member

J-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkey

I thiiink the last thing i bought was Made In Brooklyn.
J-DON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:44 AM   #133
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durag View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinx View Post
^^ The only Tribe album I barely felt at all. Got it for my brother as a gift, listened to it once or maybe twice and didn't even bother to copy it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
its not awful, its just fairly average, still dilla on the production, and a couple of stand out tracks
I listened to this quite a few times over the last few days, and have to say its a majot dissapointment. Like Sosa said, its not awful, but its very fuckin average. All the beats sound the same, one or two arent bad, but they just get lost in between all the rest. Lyrically, their still fairly sharp, although nothing groundbreaking.

The main problem i find is its very boring. The whole cd is the same thing over and over, and right now i cant remember a single bar or beat, and i have no interest in hearing it again to be honest. But i will give it another few go's, just coz its ATCQ

AOTY
Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:15 AM   #134
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

^^ Probably the only thing Dilla was involved with that I didn't really feel.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:16 AM   #135
graffitiwhat
Veteran Member

graffitiwhat shaolin monk

NYGZ - Welcome 2 G-Dom, 100 percent heat
graffitiwhat is offline   Reply With Quote