news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Misc > Graphics Corner

Old 09-23-2007, 11:20 PM   #1
STYLE

Default Ask an Expert... All design rel. ?s here!!

I think this should be a sticky razor.
i realize that we have a tutorial section but this is dedicated to specific questions that could be answered in text for with minimal uploads to outside servers. these culd be about PS AI 3D or art related questions that don't even require a tutorial. like What does the curves option do? or what is vector graphics? or whats better 3dmax or maya? or whats the diff between jpg and tiff files?
feel me?

I welcome other Design Gurus to feel free to answer any questions or add to the discussion.

So drop your burning questions here and we'll all pool our knowledge together and elevate.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:11 PM   #2
Storm
Vatican

Storm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killa

what is the best way to get a good silhouette, because i've done some but they end up with the jagged edge. Ive done feather but it doesnt completely solve the problem

Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 09:25 PM   #3
born invincible
// Never Defeated //

born invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal son
Send a message via AIM to born invincible Send a message via MSN to born invincible

good idea.. i will make it a sticky!!!

born invincible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 09:27 PM   #4
Razorsharp
Take It Personal

Razorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to Razorsharp Send a message via MSN to Razorsharp Send a message via Yahoo to Razorsharp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Storm View Post
what is the best way to get a good silhouette, because i've done some but they end up with the jagged edge. Ive done feather but it doesnt completely solve the problem
magnify X 9874593475934

and lasso? that bitch

Throw Ya W's Up!
Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

Razorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 09:37 PM   #5
born invincible
// Never Defeated //

born invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal son
Send a message via AIM to born invincible Send a message via MSN to born invincible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Storm View Post

you can try Ron's way.... LMFAO!!!

when i want a to get a silhouette... i use the the threshold tool. just go to image > adjustments > threshold.. then adjust the slider. with some images you can get a complete silhouette... others you may have to fill in the black in some spots.

if it comes out choppy... do what Ron said and zoom in real close and trace the whole image withe polygonal lasso tool... the select inverse and press delete. takes some practice but its not that hard and you can snag some nice results.

hope that helps!!!

Old 11-10-2007, 11:59 PM   #6
Razorsharp
Take It Personal

Razorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to Razorsharp Send a message via MSN to Razorsharp Send a message via Yahoo to Razorsharp

^^or u can be fancy and do that... =P...

Throw Ya W's Up!

Old 11-11-2007, 02:08 PM   #7
Storm
Vatican

Storm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killa

lol, ok. thanks for the info. I'll try both ways and see which one Im better off using

Old 11-11-2007, 02:43 PM   #8
born invincible
// Never Defeated //

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp View Post
^^or u can be fancy and do that... =P...

u crazy son...

Old 11-14-2007, 04:20 PM   #9
MsRzaRecTaH
jeŠ

MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MsRzaRecTaH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Can I Make A Gif File On Cs2
?
If Yes... How??

-there's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self-
www.getthefunkouttamyface.com jeŠ
MsRzaRecTaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:38 PM   #10
Storm
Vatican

^^ do you mean like those animated pictures

Old 11-16-2007, 06:49 PM   #11
Razorsharp
Take It Personal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRzaRecTaH View Post
Can I Make A Gif File On Cs2
?
If Yes... How??
have u tried using image ready and jus cutting the video or whatever u wanted to use?

Throw Ya W's Up!

Old 11-27-2007, 04:11 PM   #12
racist randy
Banned

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to racist randy

Yo fam, I fell off every since my mom deleted Photoshop, but now I got CS3 and I'm so used to CS2 is there anything different, that I need to know?
racist randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:31 PM   #13
Storm
Vatican

I don't have it but I can tell you from what I know there's nothing really new except that filters can be used like layers, there's 3d files now. And some minor stuff I believe

Old 11-27-2007, 05:19 PM   #14
Sean
Wu Vatican

Sean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of fury

What's the best way to make like dirty, grimey looking text without using downloaded brushes? I mean like all scratched and chipped away looking, it's hard to explain

Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 05:34 PM   #15
Storm
Vatican

you could add a little noise. Select an area that you want to be chipped away or atleast off but still part of the text and make a new layer and then highlight the text later delete the selected part and than highlight the new layer and paint it in. Thats my best answer or method