news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Misc > Graphics Corner

Old 11-27-2007, 08:00 PM   #16
Shiz36
Graphically Inclined

Shiz36 crouching tiger

do a google image search for a 'grunge texture' or 'grunge background'. Find a good size pic or one, put it in its own layer above the type.

Make a selection of the text layer (so all the text is outlined), then click the little button "Add layer mask" in the bottom of the layers palette. The grunge layer should now be cut so only the text shows.

Turn the opacity down to reveal your text underneath or play with different blending options for cool effects. Good luck.

"The game is to be sold, not to be told"
Shiz36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:37 AM   #17
Sean
Wu Vatican

Sean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of fury

Thanks both of you, I'll try them later

Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:12 PM   #18
Hollow Dartz
Banned

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

Yo you can tell I fell off. I forgot how to cut out parts of an image lol. Someone help me out.
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:25 PM   #19
Razorsharp
Take It Personal

Razorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to Razorsharp Send a message via MSN to Razorsharp Send a message via Yahoo to Razorsharp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
Yo you can tell I fell off. I forgot how to cut out parts of an image lol. Someone help me out.
u can filter and use extract

or u can zoom in and lasso<--- this is the way i do it

Throw Ya W's Up!
Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

Razorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #20
Hollow Dartz
Banned

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

alright cool
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 04:55 AM   #21
born invincible
// Never Defeated //

born invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal sonborn invincible prodigal son
Send a message via AIM to born invincible Send a message via MSN to born invincible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
Yo fam, I fell off every since my mom deleted Photoshop, but now I got CS3 and I'm so used to CS2 is there anything different, that I need to know?
i have every version of photoshop since 7 came out... and to be honest i havent even scratched the surface in terms of what i can do with 7 and i have been using since early 2004. i am currently using CS3 now but i still like going back and using 7...

CS3 seems to be heavy on accessibility and layout. i recommend searching the internet for CS3 tutorials... i found a bunch that outlines and describes new features exclusive to CS3. the bottom line is that CS3 is a sharp ass program.. and well worth the hype.

born invincible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:39 AM   #22
Storm
Vatican

Storm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killa

I have 2 questions...

1.Brushes...what's the best method to create your own brushes especially grunge types
2.3D Studio Max....when using it can you take pictures that were not made from it and still transform them into C4DS or whatever they're called

Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 02:15 PM   #23
STYLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet STORM View Post
I have 2 questions...

1.Brushes...what's the best method to create your own brushes especially grunge types
2.3D Studio Max....when using it can you take pictures that were not made from it and still transform them into C4DS or whatever they're called
1. to make rushes: make a dirty design by using another brush. basically scribble. then load it as a brush in the brush menu. or you can load a pic of something like a rusty piece of metal or a piece of wood.

2. depends on what u want to do in c4d. u can load the pic as a material (texture), or load a black and white silhouette of the pic and use it like a mask to cut out a shape from an object.
i did both here:

i took a cube and separated the faces. i put the image as the material for the frnt and back faces. for that img matrerial i used the b/w mask to cut the shape out. i deleted the other faces.then i sandwiched an extruded outline of the image i made in illustrator, the same way you make 3d text.

if you want to mak a real 3d object out of a pic you have to build it using splines. you can extrude an outline or you can rotate a profile kinda like a pottery wheel. then there are advanced methods like lofting . i suggest googling "modeling c4d tutorials" for better info.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:26 PM   #24
Storm
Vatican

Storm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killa

Thanks for the info, im getting 3d studio max so was just wondering that.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:29 PM   #25
Perrow

Perrow shaolin monk

what should i change with this sig, i used pics i took at his concert last week and the background is from the photographer there. hes giving me a couple hundred more ,there in the mail
Old 12-10-2007, 06:40 PM   #26
STYLE

Quote:
Thanks for the info, im getting 3d studio max so was just wondering that.
i'm trippin. i misunderstood ur question.(reading is fundamental) lol. u wanna know if 3dmax and c4d are compatible?

i know that i can open max files in c4d but not sure if vice versa is true. the materials don't always transfer correctly but its just a matter of manually loading them into the scene. the meshes open up just fine.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:45 PM   #27
STYLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrow View Post
what should i change with this sig, i used pics i took at his concert last week and the background is from the photographer there. hes giving me a couple hundred more ,there in the mail

i would play with the secondary gza pics. change the blend modes to get better visibility and impact. maybe rearrange the positioning too, try to create an invisible path and direction for the eye to follow.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:22 PM   #28
Storm
Vatican

Okay is there a better result or method if your trying to get rid of something like this?

I use blur to get rid of it but am wondering there is a method that has a better result

Old 12-11-2007, 08:00 PM   #29
STYLE

Quote:
Okay is there a better result or method if your trying to get rid of something like this?

I use blur to get rid of it but am wondering there is a method that has a better result
smart blur in cs surface blur in cs3 or select the area the fill it with the color.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:33 PM   #30
Storm
Vatican

Thanks for the info. It worked