news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Misc > Scriptures Forum > Books

Old 07-16-2007, 08:30 PM   #1
Ultimate Fist
Veteran Member

Ultimate Fist shaolin monk
Default Good books that'll piss you off

These are books I love but would piss off most normal people. I don't necessarily agree with everything in them but I think people should read them to get a taste of something very different.

1. The Redneck Manifesto by Jim Goad

This book is the opposite of the Know The Ledge forum. It's a hilarious book on class and why rednecks exist but it would probably offend most people (look up the chapter names for a good example why). I love politically incorrect shit so this is one of my favs even though the author comes to the book with a heavy load of b/s.

2. The Satanic Bible- Anton LaVey

A great book that is the basis of the Church of Satan's theology. I recommended it no matter what your religion is for it's philosophical merits.

From Wikipedia:

"The Satanic Bible was written by Anton Szandor LaVey in 1969. It is a collection of essays, observations and basic Satanic rituals, and outlines LaVey's Satanic ideology. The author claims the influence of Machiavelli, Friedrich Nietzsche, Ragnar Redbeard and Ayn Rand among others.
The book contains the core principles of Satanism and is considered the foundation of the philosophy and dogma that constitute Satanism. LaVeyan Satanists maintain that The Satanic Bible may not be subject to interpretation or revision, and that no rule or principle contradictory to what is written in The Satanic Bible may be considered applicable to Satanism."

I'll add more later...
Ultimate Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:28 AM   #2
noel411
penalty boxed user

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The Old Testament and Quran pissed me off intensely, but I'd hardly say they're good books.
noel411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:06 PM   #3
Sinth

Sinth grasshopper

I'll agree that The Satanic Bible is cool for some humour, and also some important praise toward individualism and self-respect.

Fuck the rituals that come later on in it though. Worth a read overall, I figure a cat like RZA would've flicked through it, too.
Sinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:29 PM   #4
DUMBO
Veteran Member

DUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
The Old Testament and Quran pissed me off intensely, but I'd hardly say they're good books.
don't front on deutoronomy. shit is dope.

allows you to marry raped bitches.

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"
DUMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:40 AM   #5
AcidPhosphate69
Dr. Saunders

AcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killaAcidPhosphate69 shaolin masta killa

Quote:
2. The Satanic Bible- Anton LaVey

A great book that is the basis of the Church of Satan's theology. I recommended it no matter what your religion is for it's philosophical merits.
I tried reading that recently. I got through most of it when it really started to piss me off. I agree with a lot of what he says but he just rambles and acts like he's the man. Blah blah as a carny blah crazy language blach.