news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 10-12-2005, 10:38 PM   #16
Os3y3ris
Veteran Member

Os3y3ris shaolin monk
Default Re: Interesting facts...

Here's a real fact. Modern scholars believe that black slavery in the United States was derived from indentured servitude. It should be noted that it did not exist in the colonies for some time. However, blacks did serve as indentured servants, a similar condition. The case that is believed to have set the precedent for racial slavery was one of three servants escaping. A black man, a white man and a white woman. The whites were punished in some manner. i forgot which. The black, on account of his blackness, had his servitude extended indefinitely, essetially making him a slave.

If you want to check that, it was in one of my textbooks. I dont have it with me though and Ive forgotten the name.

Another fact is that in 1927 the poor, black sections of New Orleans were intentionally flooded.
Os3y3ris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:48 PM   #17
tostones

tostones crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to tostones

i know people, including some fam, that still have dirt floors
Old 10-13-2005, 07:17 AM   #18
num2son
Kung Fu Alter Ego

num2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to num2son Send a message via MSN to num2son Send a message via Yahoo to num2son

^^^WOw

Thanks for the info BlackW.

Sig by Born Invincible
Winner of The Sports Zone Award2006
num2son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:24 AM   #19
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

blackwisdom crouching tigerblackwisdom crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to blackwisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Os3y3ris
Here's a real fact. Modern scholars believe that black slavery in the United States was derived from indentured servitude. It should be noted that it did not exist in the colonies for some time. However, blacks did serve as indentured servants, a similar condition. The case that is believed to have set the precedent for racial slavery was one of three servants escaping. A black man, a white man and a white woman. The whites were punished in some manner. i forgot which. The black, on account of his blackness, had his servitude extended indefinitely, essetially making him a slave.

If you want to check that, it was in one of my textbooks. I dont have it with me though and Ive forgotten the name.

Another fact is that in 1927 the poor, black sections of New Orleans were intentionally flooded.
What textbook?

Take it easy
Peace

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven
blackwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:28 AM   #20
Queen Of Poetry
Veteran Member

Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Queen Of Poetry Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Damn....Black droppin some knowledge on everyone.....thx man.

Queen Of Poetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:41 AM   #21
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

HARRIET TUBMAN DAY

PUBLIC LAW 101-252 –MAR. 13, 1990 104 STAT. 99

Public Law 101-252

March 13, 1990
101ST Congress (S.J. Res. 257)

Joint Resolution

To designate March 10, 1990, as “Harriet Tubman Day”

Whereas Harriet Ross Tubman was born into slavery in Bucktown, Maryland, in or around the year 1820;

Whereas she escaped slavery in 1849 and became a “conductor” on the Underground Railroad;

Whereas she undertook a reported nineteen trips as a conductor, endeavoring despite great hardship and great danger to lead hundreds of slaves to freedom;

Whereas Harriet Tubman became an eloquent and effective speaker on behalf of the movement to abolish slavery;

Whereas she served in the Civil War as a soldier, spy, nurse, scout, and cook, and as a leader in working with newly freed slaves;

Whereas after the War, she continued to fight for human dignity, human rights, opportunity, and justice; and

Whereas Harriet Tubman—whose courageous and dedicated pursuit of the promise of American ideals and common principles of humanity continues to serve and inspire all people who cherish freedom—died at her home in Auburn, New York, on March 10, 1913; Now, therefore, be it

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That March 10, 1990 be designated as “Harriet Tubman Day,” to be observed by the people of the United States with appropriate ceremonies and activities.

Approved March 13, 1990.

LEGISLATIVE HISTORY – S.J. Res. 257
Congressional record, Vol. 136 (1990):
Mar. 6, considered and passed Senate.
Mar. 7, considered and passed House.

I'm taking that day off next year!

Take it easy
Peace

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
Old 10-13-2005, 10:43 AM   #22
Jabba Jaw
I KILL PEOPLE

Jabba Jaw grasshopper

interesting fact-

i will kill you if you sniff my underwear
Old 10-13-2005, 11:00 AM   #23
Os3y3ris
Veteran Member

Os3y3ris shaolin monk

Quote:
What textbook?

As I said afterwards, I've forgotten the name.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:32 AM   #24
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Os3y3ris
[/color][/size][/font]

As I said afterwards, I've forgotten the name.
I was thinking that it was a book that you can retreive the name of from one of your classes or something. I know that I can find the names of my old textbooks from my old (college) classes that I attended. Just curious, cause I wanted to check it out sometime.

Take it easy
Peace

Old 10-13-2005, 11:43 AM   #25
Potent1
Teflon Imperial

Potent1 grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Potent1

Fact:

The TOOTHBRUSH was invented in West Virginia.... Funny thing is had it been invented anywhere else, it would be called a toothbrush - it'd be called a teethbrush....

HA!
Potent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 11:51 AM   #26
BlaK FuRYaN
MaN-ov-WaR

BlaK FuRYaN shaolin monk

Jus to add 1500 years back when the British was living in Dark ages they were so disgust they use to tipp there rubbish out there yards....which brought rats and later the plague

ORPHANS OF CUSH

OUT SOON
BlaK FuRYaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 01:36 PM   #27
Os3y3ris
Veteran Member

Os3y3ris shaolin monk

I'll find the name for you Black. Give me a couple days.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:02 PM   #28
MaShPG
MASTER deBATER

MaShPG grasshopper

These are mostly rumors, cause like 60% of them look like bullshit, I'll let you decide..

In SWV "Be Right There" Pharell was the person doing background vocals saying "S....W....V"

Mos Def was an actor before he became a rapper starring in "The Cosby Mysteries" which played in 1994.

DJ Paul from 3-6 Mafia has a nubby arm.

Big visited pac in hospital after the 94 shooting

There was a Hip Hop album with the title "The Black Album" which was made by Producer No ID

Master P got the Ice Cream Man concept from the Luniz...as well as Hootie Hoo from Outkast...Each group of course had/have beef with him over this

Havoc learned how to produce from Large Professor

Eric B. intially wanted Freddie Foxxx to appear on "Eric B. Is President" but when Foxxx didnt show up, Rakim was recorded instead.

Havoc, Prodigy, Kwame (and them f____n polka dots), Percee P, Pharoah Monch, and Prince Po all attended Manhattan's High School of Art & Design. Apparently Prodigy took some... "Dance" classes while he was their

Neptunes produced "Use Your Heart" by SWV

Pete Rock had a group called YG's (aka Young Guns).

Nas wrote the lyrics to "Halftime" sitting by his apartment window listening to an instrumental of Tribe's "Buggin' Out" that his neighbor kept playing over and over again (at the time, nas didnt own a stereo and apparently his neighbor was also trying to write rhymes.)

All that rapper The DOC was given by Ruthless records in exchange for his publishing rights and all his records was an expensive watch and a goldchain.

2Pac's first rap name was MC New York

Pharoahe Monch used to be real fat, he also has Asthma

Kool G. Rap was originally on Big Daddy Kane's "Raw" but his vocals were removed for the final cut.

PMD's verse on Rampage was directed at Redman.

Defari is a high school teacher

Juelz Santana has a lazy eye...no kidding

Primo stole his first set of turntables

LL Cool J was in the audience at a Kool Moe Dee show in St. Louis Michigan. Kool Moe Dee challenged LL to battle on stage and LL backed down and left.

jae millz works for an American Eagle store

Havoc had originally intended to rob Prodigy before they met.

The Japanese version of Kris Kross's album "Da Bomb" has an alternate cover instead of the a-bomb blast on the front (for obvious reasons)

Vita's sister with the good looking girl from Total

Nas wrote NY State Of Mind when he was 17

Bizzy Bone was 16 when "Thuggish Ruggish Bone" was released. And was kidnapped when he was child, and not returned to his mother for a year. His picture was shown on a Made for TV movie named "Adam" in 1983 when he was taken.

tom green was in a rap group back in the day called organized rhyme. and won a juno (canada's version of the grammys) for a song called check the o.r.

Suge was the DOC and Bobby Brown's bodyguard. He got the ends and outs of the music buisness from DOC

Harry O funded Deathrow when they first started through drugs and extortion and it was called "Godfather Enertainment"

Suga Free and Bizzy Bone are half Native

Mopreme of Thuglife is Mutulu Shakur's son and in '94 he killed a little girl by accident @ a concert

Yeah Ashanti is in the "MC's Act Like They Don't Know" video

Fatback Band's King Tim III (Personality Jock) outdated Rappers Delight as the first rap record out, but hardly gets mentioned.

Alchemist was in a group called Whooliganz(sp) when he was 14, and they dropped an album and a 12'.

The following rappers original rap names were:

Big Pun - Big Moon Dog X

Busta Rhymes - Chill O-Ski

Rakim- Kid Wizard

Q Tip - MC Love Child

2Pac - MC New York

Large Professo - Paul Juice

at one point, every single rap label warned their artists: "never publicly mention the Wu tang"

Ghostface beat up Mase causing him to have his jaw wired.

Jayz and Busta Rhymes attended the same high school and once battled in a hallway

jemain dupri was the youngest producer ever to go platinum

eazy e had dinner with george bush

most of state property got there style from spade of major figgas

philly's most wanted, major figgas, and state property used to chill and write rhymes together

snoop dogg went to school with camron diaz

run dmc hosted the first episode of yo mtv raps

Treach of Naughty By Nature auditioned for the role of Roland Bishop in the movie "Juice" (1992). He lost the role to Tupac Shakur.

As a teen, Scarface spent time in a mental institution. He was being treated for clinical depression, and often dreamed of killing himself

Lil Jon and The Eastside Boys aren't rappers

Big Pun also made his first major label guest starring debut on Flesh-N-Bone's first album T.H.U.G.S.

BUN B of UGK's nephew is LIL FATE from Ludacris's Disturbing The Peace

Golden Era group EPMD's breakup was dicey, to say the least. In '92, a group of armed goons broke into Parrish "PMD" Smith's Long Island home, looking to hurt him. When they couldn't find P., they tied up and assaulted one of Parrish's friends, who was in the home at the time of the break-in.

When the cops arrested and questioned one of the goons, he fingered Erick "E-Double" Sermon as the orchestrator of the break-in. P. waited a bit, to get his affairs in order. Then, after a taping of 'The Tonight Show' with EPMD and Das EFX in early '93, Parrish came back to N.Y., filed charges, and had Sermon arrested. EPMD's break-up was announced shortly thereafter.

After being cleared of the charges and released from jail, Erick Sermon had a semi-nervous breakdown. Forced to start over again, Sermon packed his bags and moved to Atlanta, at the urging of his friend, Michigan rapper M.C. Breed. Sermon, a millionaire just two years earlier, left New York with only $1,000 and an American Express card to his name.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Royce and his crew got there ass kicked by Proof of D12 and his crew Goon Sqwad..they injured 6 and sent royce and 2 others to the hospital...later Royce [After he dropped Malcom X] looked for Proof and engaged in a one on one...they were both sent to jail for the night.. they ended up in the same cell (or the cells next to each other) and resolved there beef there....

Esham, a pioneer in horrorcore rap in detroit, wrote some of the most vicious diss tracks to eminem....response was Bizzare sending Esham to the hospital with a ruptured eyeball, a mild concussion and loss of hearin in his left ear...

A young man and His friend rapped for Andre and gave him a demo tape and Dre said he would do something for him when he could...That young man later became a DJ in atlanta and is now known as Ludacris....

- Mobb Deep's original name was Poetical Prophets. They did music of an Afrocentric nature.

- Willie Dee (of the Geto Boys) knocked out HipHop legend Grandmaster Melle Mel in a Bronx boxing tournament.

We all know The Notorious B.I.G. was killed in Los Angeles on March 9, 1997. But, ironically, Biggie shouldn't have been in L.A. that weekend. Big, who'd been in L.A. since early February '97 promoting his 'Life After Death' album, was supposed to hop a flight to London on Friday, March 7, 1997, to continue his promotional junket. Biggie canceled his flight, and chose to remain in L.A. that weekend. He enjoyed the sunshine too much, and didn't want to leave it behind to go to an overcast London. Plus, he disliked European food. It may seem trite, but it's true. If Biggie had gotten on that flight on March 7th, he might still be with us.

Mr. Lif is said to be a second grade teacher.

mase had a million dollar contract (I think he was the first rapper, to get that).

Foxy visited 50 cent, when he was shots 9 times.

Kool Keith & DMX used to collects bugs.

Dmx used to stand for "Divine Master of the unknown" (he should had kept that meaning)

redman is into fat women.

Krazyzie Bone is a Jehovah Witness

Dre didnt like Snoop's raps, when he first heard them.

Krazyzie bone is singing "Gangsta party" in that Snoop & pac song (but was uncredited for it, i think).

Canibus is allergic to seafood.

Just blaze got into producing, mostly to buy videogames.

Neptunes got some influence from old atari's music/sfx.

Swizz beat was supposed to be taught by Irv gotti, on making beats. But, Irv neva got around to teaching so, swizz learned on his own.

Suge Knight told J.D. to leave in 5 min. When they were both at the same club.

Beanie Sigel, used to own a hot-dog stand.

Em took young zee & pacwon's verses off of "Amityville." Cause they wouldn't change their verses.

Kid rock sent a demo to Bad boy. Nelly sent a demo to roc & so so def. And were all turned down.

The A&R who turned them down, were fired (except JD, since Nelly gave him the demo personally).

q-tip & Angie Martienez used to date.......

LL cool j wanted to do a song with odb. But when odb got to the studio. He rip off one of LL's plaque & pissed on it. Which made LL mad & got sercuity on him.

mc hammer dissed redman in one of his song.

dmx first thought Biggie was soft. Since, he saw Big did somethin real stupid in the studio.

KRS-One helped Kid Rock get his first record deal with Jive Records when he let him open a show for the Boogie Down Productions in 1990.

WHAT'S GOING ON?
MaShPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 02:17 PM   #29
MefMan36
Big Surge

MefMan36 sitting duck

Quote:
Havoc had originally intended to rob Prodigy before they met.
LMAO, that's some funny ass shit. lol

Quote:
LL cool j wanted to do a song with odb. But when odb got to the studio. He rip off one of LL's plaque & pissed on it. Which made LL mad & got sercuity on him.
HAHA, Dirty was a crazy ass motherfucker.

Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.
Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

www.myspace.com/mefman

www.liquidswords.tk
MefMan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 02:22 PM   #30
num2son
Kung Fu Alter Ego

num2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venomsnum2son five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to num2son Send a message via MSN to num2son Send a message via Yahoo to num2son

Crazy stuff MashPG.

Sig by Born Invincible
Winner of The Sports Zone Award2006
num2son is offline   Reply With Quote