news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 10-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
Southern Solja

Southern Solja shaolin monk
Default How was the Universe made?

Was it from nothing to something?

Or

From something to something else?

Discuss.
Southern Solja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:33 PM   #2
DeathRott
Mutilate the Weak

DeathRott grasshopper

it was something to something else.
you see something cant come nothing. theres too many hard gasses and chemicals in the universe as well as the cosmos to come from nothing.
DeathRott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
DeathRott
Mutilate the Weak

DeathRott grasshopper

Old 10-03-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
Marlo Stanfield
ADEPT

Marlo Stanfield crouching tiger

you see, Carl Sagan has figured out the universe and all of existence for you!

Be not afraid! For you are just a worthless piece of shit on a worthless piece of shit planet that is SOOOO SMALLLL that from the dirt you could hypothesize on your creation, the creator, and intelligent life!

What a miracle!
Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #5
DeathRott
Mutilate the Weak

DeathRott grasshopper

wow wut a come back. cry me a fuckin river you cunt
Old 10-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #6
Marlo Stanfield
ADEPT

who the fuck cares how the universe was made?

matter is neither created or destroyed. the universe did not create itself.

God is not matter. He created the universe.

What do you have to gain from knowing such an awesome thing? Live your LIFE the best you can.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:07 PM   #7
Southern Solja

I dunno man. God has had to have come from something. He had to have had a father or something, lol.

If he created the rules, then he must abide by them, for it would be impossible for something to exist outside of itself. You may be able to create a child, but you don't exist outside of the realm from said child, or said object that you may have invented.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:33 PM   #8
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

One Verse - why is it called this ?
Old 10-03-2010, 10:12 PM   #9
Marlo Stanfield
ADEPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Solja View Post
I dunno man. God has had to have come from something. He had to have had a father or something, lol.

If he created the rules, then he must abide by them, for it would be impossible for something to exist outside of itself. You may be able to create a child, but you don't exist outside of the realm from said child, or said object that you may have invented.
you talk like a child who has said to his father "if you create the rules, you must abide by them", not knowing that the rules were meant for his children only. who has created the rule? And who is meant to abide in it?
Old 10-04-2010, 04:59 AM   #10
Face of the Golden Falcon
...born of a future war

Face of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venoms
Send a message via MSN to Face of the Golden Falcon

Req Em Ab

Face of the Golden Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #11
TheBoarzHeadBoy
כהן גדול

TheBoarzHeadBoy drunken mastaTheBoarzHeadBoy drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
you see, Carl Sagan has figured out the universe and all of existence for you!

Be not afraid! For you are just a worthless piece of shit on a worthless piece of shit planet that is SOOOO SMALLLL that from the dirt you could hypothesize on your creation, the creator, and intelligent life!

What a miracle!
What are you so afraid of? How am I worthless? I'm small. I'm not worthless. I have plenty of worth. More then you all thing considered. If you think you're a worthless piece of shit I wouldn't disagree with you, but don't dare to call mankind useless. Just because there isn't a creator doesn't mean you don't have purpose. You're just too linear minded to see the big picture. God does not dictate morality. You dictate your own morality. The Earth is huge. Its only in comparison to the scale of the cosmos that it could ever be considered small. Do we have a purpose? That's up to you to decide. Not some man in the sky or some voice in your head or spirit in your heart.

Quote:
who the fuck cares how the universe was made?

matter is neither created or destroyed. the universe did not create itself.

God is not matter. He created the universe.

What do you have to gain from knowing such an awesome thing? Live your LIFE the best you can.
The universe wasn't created. It was already there. The big bang is about a cosmic egg hatching. There wasn't a God-bird that laid it. It simply was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Solja View Post

There's basically no reason to believe in an eternal/self creating God creating the universe when you can cut out the middle man and propose an eternal/self creating universe. Basically God cannot logically exist within the universe and we can't know what's outside of it so why bother speculating? Occam's razor says there is no God. Its an unneeded complication with no evidence for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
One Verse - why is it called this ?
It means "rolled together as one." Its an everything.

Quote:
you talk like a child who has said to his father "if you create the rules, you must abide by them", not knowing that the rules were meant for his children only. who has created the rule? And who is meant to abide in it?
You're like an abused child who invented an imaginary childhood with a perfect family when the facts are quite different. You're perfectly welcome to the delusion. If it made things easier for you I'm glad for you, but some day you're going to have to stop pretending and look at the real world and accept how ugly it is.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:32 PM   #12
Clan Destine

Clan Destine crouching tigerClan Destine crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoarzHeadBoy View Post
What are you so afraid of? How am I worthless? I'm small. I'm not worthless. I have plenty of worth. More then you all thing considered. If you think you're a worthless piece of shit I wouldn't disagree with you, but don't dare to call mankind useless. Just because there isn't a creator doesn't mean you don't have purpose. You're just too linear minded to see the big picture. God does not dictate morality. You dictate your own morality. The Earth is huge. Its only in comparison to the scale of the cosmos that it could ever be considered small. Do we have a purpose? That's up to you to decide. Not some man in the sky or some voice in your head or spirit in your heart.

The universe wasn't created. It was already there. The big bang is about a cosmic egg hatching. There wasn't a God-bird that laid it. It simply was.

There's basically no reason to believe in an eternal/self creating God creating the universe when you can cut out the middle man and propose an eternal/self creating universe. Basically God cannot logically exist within the universe and we can't know what's outside of it so why bother speculating? Occam's razor says there is no God. Its an unneeded complication with no evidence for it.

It means "rolled together as one." Its an everything.

You're like an abused child who invented an imaginary childhood with a perfect family when the facts are quite different. You're perfectly welcome to the delusion. If it made things easier for you I'm glad for you, but some day you're going to have to stop pretending and look at the real world and accept how ugly it is.
Mostly good stuff.

Except the 'real' world isn't necessarily ugly, nor is it beautiful. It just is.

Yes, just because something is small it doesn't mean it's meaningless. You can't escape meaning, even moaning about how things are meaningless is meaningful.

Take the Carl Sagan picture for example. So our planet looks like a dot from far away,

Who cares? That's great! We were able to see it from such a huge distance!

It's that perspective which makes us large again, and meaningful, we are able to see through the eyes of a god, at OURSELVES. And despite all the vastness we can perceive, it is us only that perceives and makes this vastness possible as such.

And yes, the universe didn't need to be made. If you want to, you can call the universe 'God', or 'Eternity', or 'Being'.

If there is, there is forever. Nothing is nothing. It never existed.
Clan Destine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:04 PM   #13
TheBoarzHeadBoy
כהן גדול

TheBoarzHeadBoy drunken mastaTheBoarzHeadBoy drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan Destine View Post
Mostly good stuff.

Except the 'real' world isn't necessarily ugly, nor is it beautiful. It just is.

Yes, just because something is small it doesn't mean it's meaningless. You can't escape meaning, even moaning about how things are meaningless is meaningful.

Take the Carl Sagan picture for example. So our planet looks like a dot from far away,

Who cares? That's great! We were able to see it from such a huge distance!

It's that perspective which makes us large again, and meaningful, we are able to see through the eyes of a god, at OURSELVES. And despite all the vastness we can perceive, it is us only that perceives and makes this vastness possible as such.

And yes, the universe didn't need to be made. If you want to, you can call the universe 'God', or 'Eternity', or 'Being'.

If there is, there is forever. Nothing is nothing. It never existed.
By ugly I mean it wasn't crafted by the skilled hand of a perfect being. It just is. Its not beautiful or ugly as you said. Those are concepts laid down by man.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:23 PM   #14
Southern Solja

So maybe the Universe IS God.

That would be a cool concept IMO.