news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 10-20-2010, 09:55 AM   #1
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Jesus Fuck Bamboozled is a terrible fucking movie

This is the type of movie that puts a directors whole body of work under doubt. What the fuck was Spike thinking with this pile of shit?

The execution of this film was horrendous. Its laughably awful. Its so dumb, poorly shot, acting is atrocious, dialogue and script is dogshit.

I thought Spike would be able to pull a film like this off, but it came out like a middle aged white guy making a film about black racism. I can go into so many points of stupidity and horrendousnes of this movie, but Ill save it.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:30 PM   #2
DUMBO
Veteran Member

DUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post
This is the type of movie that puts a directors whole body of work under doubt. What the fuck was Spike thinking with this pile of shit?

The execution of this film was horrendous. Its laughably awful. Its so dumb, poorly shot, acting is atrocious, dialogue and script is dogshit.

I thought Spike would be able to pull a film like this off, but it came out like a middle aged white guy making a film about black racism. I can go into so many points of stupidity and horrendousnes of this movie, but Ill save it.
I disagree. This was a great film. Great cinematography and nice acting by Damon Wayans.

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"
DUMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:38 PM   #3
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

actually for me damon wayans is what made this movie so bad. i was looking forward to watching this for a long time and i was really disappointed because it was so bad.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:26 PM   #4
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUMBO View Post
I disagree. This was a great film. Great cinematography and nice acting by Damon Wayans.
^cosign
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:49 PM   #5
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post
I couldn't disagree more.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:31 AM   #6
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

aint seen this yet,never was interested
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:17 PM   #7
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i haven't seen it in a long time, but from what i remember, it wasn't a bad movie except for spike got to learn how to edit. the movie was probably about 30-40 minutes too long. you start getting bored with it.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:36 PM   #8
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

It was an embarrasment basically.

Everything about it was like some high school project. I had a hard time taking any of it seriously, the story, the acting, the dialogue lol, shocking, amateurish.

I also found some of the race based dialogue in Do The Right Thing to be cringeworthy and cheesy.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:16 PM   #9
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

ya DTRT was always unnerving for me...feel like it almost got it, then at the end didnt...idk..otherwise it was good..think i just disagree with it morally.

UNRELATED BUT, BEWARE:
https://soundcloud.com/frieza-saga
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:51 PM   #10
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^put it in context, it was shot in the late 80s after the bensonhurst incident...'dead nigger storage' in pulp fiction, and 'king kong' in inglorious basterds are way more cringeworthy, yet people praise the fuck out of that movie.

both DTRT and Bamboozle self-destruct and implode in their third acts, but they were way more ambitious than most films people praise and discuss things that rarely get adressed in cinema.

how is DTRT any more unnerving than the racist dialogue in the average gangster movie, the rape in 'Clockwork Orange' or the final scene of There Will Be Blood? I swear Spike Lee gets under people's skin for the oddest reasons.

also, bamboozled was innovative in its use of digital video, something that other auteurs only picked up on later, like david lynch and steven soderbergh.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:54 PM   #11
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

o i didnt say it was..or imply it was...in fact the reason i like the movie is because of its ambition...but i just dont agree with spike 100% on race relations...more like 80% maybe eloels.

UNRELATED BUT, BEWARE:
Old 10-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #12
J-DON
Veteran Member

J-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkeyJ-DON iron monkey

Do The Right Thing is a great movie even though i dont know if were supposed to applaud what happens at the climax or not... I dont think Sals Pizza deserved that shit. I watched some of bamboozled and u guys are right it blew so i changed it.

Spike's directing game is pretty tight he did his thing on The Inside Man.

Last edited by J-DON; 10-22-2010 at 09:28 PM.
J-DON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:02 PM   #13
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

^I don't think Spike was trying to manipulate the audience at all with the ending of DTRT, he was just showing you shit that was happening, you could react to it or interpret it however you wanted. I think it's telling that so many people jumped on the whole 'Spike is promoting violence' angle (I know that's not what you said, but I've heard it) The only other time I remember people so completely missing the point was with 'Natural Born Killers'.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:17 AM   #14
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

from a white kid who lied to say he was black and called himself a nigger...
smh

next thread.
Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:00 PM   #15
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

was it really a lie?

UNRELATED BUT, BEWARE: