news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 07-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #286
Frank Sobotka
Veteran Member

Frank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venoms

I will be waiting for the DVD.

Can someone who has seen it answer me something.
The Dark Knight had a lot of parallels to the War On Terror and the trailer to TDKR had some implication that bane was speaking for Gotham's underclass or something.
So, my question is, is this right wing propaganda? The mighty bat fighting the working class who is rebelling against the 1%?
Old 07-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #287
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^Not at all...reviewers and marketing i guess are trying to create the parallel, but it's really peripheral to the overall story

i enjoyed it alot, despite having some problems with the plot at times (there's one unexplained thing that's huge and took me out of the movie, but the people i went with were saying i was being too critical and waived it off by saying "He's Batman"), but there's a lot of good stuff happening from a cinematic and acting perspective, and the story is ambitious and involving.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:50 PM   #288
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

and if you've read any batman, you'll be able to anticipate some of the twists later in the movie, even if it involves merging bane's origin with another character's...'john blake' gets as much screentime as batman, and the payoff is kind of cheesy
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #289
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

Best film this year. One of the best trilogies of all-time also. This film will only become better and better when we reflect on how shit so many other films are.

I loved it a lot.

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #290
V1LLAIN
ODDS AGAiNST TOMORROW

V1LLAIN drunken mastaV1LLAIN drunken masta

Fuckin epic is all I gotta say, when Batman & Bane brawl for the first time the shit that happens is unbelievalbe. Gotta see this movie again in IMAX.
V1LLAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #291
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEM3SIS View Post
Fuckin epic is all I gotta say, when Batman & Bane brawl for the first time the shit that happens is unbelievalbe. Gotta see this movie again in IMAX.
Word, the first brawl was fuckin crazy. Someone said Joker was better, Bane made Joker look like a school bully

MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #292
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

The 1% thing is the medias creation, obvious this story was written well before any of that Occupy shit ever happened
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:13 PM   #293
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

Acting wise, Jokers performance cant be topped IMO, Heath owned it even in death. Bane was good to physically test Bruce, Ive never seen anyone yet that can go toes with him like that
Old 07-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #294
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Rai View Post
Best film this year. One of the best trilogies of all-time also. This film will only become better and better when we reflect on how shit so many other films are.

I loved it a lot.
it was an awesome movie, and nolan did an awesome job i liked the illusion to a "robin" but at the same time it was a great send off and when you were shocked by the twists and then twist at the end were great and i cannot wait to purchase it on dvd

i think this movie was heads better than avengers

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #295
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Yeah pretty much a lot of people guessed right about John Blakes character
Old 07-21-2012, 06:32 AM   #296
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS View Post

i think this movie was heads better than avengers
100% true bro, Avengers was cute compared to TDKR

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:05 AM   #297
Frank Sobotka
Veteran Member

Frank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
The 1% thing is the medias creation, obvious this story was written well before any of that Occupy shit ever happened
The occupy movement is responsible for the 1% vs. 99% terminology but it didn't create the ideas behind them. Remember the terms bourgeois and proletariat?

Is bane's movement reminiscent of the worker uprisings during the industrial revolution?
Old 07-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #298
IrOnMaN
I understand

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

If this movie had a pussy, I'd f*** it!

I absolutely loved it. Speaking of which, I'm going to see it again tonight. Overall, I believe that Nolan and his team did an outstanding job. However, there are some things that I didn't like about the movie. There was no interaction with the people of Gotham like there was in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Also, the last fight b/w Batman and Bane should've been just that. Like in The Dark Knight when the Joker and Batman fight and then they have a talk afterwards. I felt that should've happened in Dark Knight Rises. Plus, Batman doesn't fly using his cape. Ok. WTF? The ending seemed a little rushed, in my opinion, but it was good (not as good as The Dark Knight's ending)

Is this movie better than The Dark Knight? Honestly, it's hard to say. I'll watch it again to make that determination. Oscar for the best movie of the year nomination? It had better be!
IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #299
Jin10304
Veteran Member

"Is bane's movement reminiscent of the worker uprisings during the industrial revolution?"

Hes basically another Ras al Ghul. Trying to destroy the power hold on Gotham @ give it back to its people
Old 07-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #300
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Ra's al Ghul is an international criminal mastermind whose ultimate goal is a world in perfect environmental balance. He believes that the best way to achieve this balance is to eliminate most of humanity. Ra's usually tries to assault the world's human populace with a biological weapon, such as a genetically-engineered virus.
Interesting.

^LOL^

diggy is offline   Reply With Quote