news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 11-06-2010, 07:21 AM   #1
fortyglock
Veteran Member

fortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal son
Default GZA confirmed on DJ Premier/Pete Rock collabo album

Quote:
Premier is understandably secretive on letting too much information out this early. But when pressed, the surviving Gang Starr member was willing to verify one of his recruited emcees.

“I’ll tell you one that I got…The GZA,” Premier confirmed. “Me and GZA? Oh my God. That’s the only one I’ll tell you.”
Link:

http://www.djpremierblog.com/2010/11...medium=twitter
fortyglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:53 AM   #2
Frank Sobotka
Veteran Member

Frank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venoms

So how is this album going to work?
Making beats together or just both contributing 50% of the production work?
Old 11-06-2010, 08:29 AM   #3
silent_whistler_uk
myspace.com/iou7

silent_whistler_uk drunken mastasilent_whistler_uk drunken mastasilent_whistler_uk drunken masta

hmm hopefully GZA sounds more awake this time round
silent_whistler_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:43 AM   #4
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikke View Post
So how is this album going to work?
Making beats together or just both contributing 50% of the production work?
from what i understand...

its a friendly battle!!!!!!!!!!!

premier does 6 joints with whoever he wants...

pete does 6 joints with whoever he wants...

preem shouldnt let any guest out the bag, that nigga preem got the biggest mouth ever, he always talking about niggas he gonna work with before it happens, which leads to disappointment when it doesnt happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this album gonna be fuckin ridiculous though...

bout fuckin time genius got on a preem joint...

preem needs to keep the cover sealed though!!!!!!!!! let it be a surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hopefully this is the first of many...

i wanna see muggs vs. quik...

large pro vs. buckwild...

inventive album concepts is what pushes the genre forward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
angry! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:07 AM   #5
Taskmaster2112
PRODIGAL SUN

Taskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry! View Post

that is exactly the one that i want to hear after Premo/Pete Rock. True Master/4th Disciple would be cool too (a little friendly battle between the top 2 Wu-Elements).

GZA and Premier working together should be amazing though. hope he comes with some dark ass "Sun Rises in the East" or "Firing Squad" type beats.
Taskmaster2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:41 AM   #6
Protect ya Neck!
black

Protect ya Neck! iron monkeyProtect ya Neck! iron monkeyProtect ya Neck! iron monkey

what happend to the return of the boom bap 2. i can't even get hyped for something like this, damn sad
Protect ya Neck! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:47 AM   #7
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)THE MASON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry! View Post

its a friendly battle!!!!!!!!!!!

premier does 6 joints with whoever he wants...

pete does 6 joints with whoever he wants...

preem shouldnt let any guest out the bag, that nigga preem got the biggest mouth ever, he always talking about niggas he gonna work with before it happens, which leads to disappointment when it doesnt happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this album gonna be fuckin ridiculous though...

bout fuckin time genius got on a preem joint...

preem needs to keep the cover sealed though!!!!!!!!! let it be a surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hopefully this is the first of many...

i wanna see muggs vs. quik...

cosign all this

more producers need to do something like this, or even do what Muggs been doing, or what Buckwild just did with Celph....... legends need to dig in the crates and vaults and start puttin out that product

this album could never disappoint with two producers like PR and Premo

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:53 AM   #8
Sinapse
Hip Hop aholic

Sinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronze Feet View Post
cosign all this

more producers need to do something like this, or even do what Muggs been doing, or what Buckwild just did with Celph....... legends need to dig in the crates and vaults and start puttin out that product

this album could never disappoint with two producers like PR and Premo
No doubt I feel you on this but I think that if you look at it from a dollars and sense perspective it's minimal gain to release vault stuff like that...the sales numbers are low these days to the point where it's prob like an insult compared to what they would have earned during the time it was made...that's why the shit is in the vault to begin with b/c they were releasing and making a living off of a small part of the total work they were doing. In other words lot of heads from that era probably look at it with a lot pride saying why should I put out that material and make peanuts off of it.
Sinapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #9
deeznutz1981
PRODIGAL SUN

deeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal son

I couldnt be more excited about this album and it sounds like it's actually happening too. who you guys think takes this friendly battle? I'd say Premier but it can go either way

GZA on a DJ Premier beat

deeznutz1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #10
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

gza and primo?

Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:39 AM   #11
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

hell yessss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was just about to post it, this shit made my fucking day... DJ Premier and Wu-Tang needs more collaborations that's for damn sure, i know Preem has expressed a wish to work with Ghostface as well (he even placed "B.D.R." in his best albums of 2007 at the #1 spot).

DJ Premier is one of the 5 best producers of all time imo, some days i would consider him the GOAT other days i'd say Pete Rock, RZA and Dilla are better but they are all the best of the best and usually Wu heads respect Preemo's work and vice verse so this is not a day to soon. we need more collabos like this but damn, can't even believe we're gonna hear GZA the Genius murder a Premier banger. i bet Premier is gonna bring his absolute best to the table as well since it's on the collaboration with Pete Rock - friendly competition.

GZA has sounded mad sleepy some times but there's been moments of brilliance and i think a DJ Premier beat will make him heated enough to spit raw heat again - sorta like Black Milk with "7 Pounds" or True Master with "Alphabets". i remember Premier remixed the Afu-Ra/GZA song back in 2000 or something and that was brilliant.

other than that there's really not that many collaborations between Wu and the super producer, "Pop Shots", "N 2 Gether Now", "Show & Prove" and "Rap Phenomenon". i think that's it?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:55 AM   #12
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:55 AM   #13
Erker

Erker grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
hell yessss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was just about to post it, this shit made my fucking day... DJ Premier and Wu-Tang needs more collaborations that's for damn sure, i know Preem has expressed a wish to work with Ghostface as well (he even placed "B.D.R." in his best albums of 2007 at the #1 spot).

DJ Premier is one of the 5 best producers of all time imo, some days i would consider him the GOAT other days i'd say Pete Rock, RZA and Dilla are better but they are all the best of the best and usually Wu heads respect Preemo's work and vice verse so this is not a day to soon. we need more collabos like this but damn, can't even believe we're gonna hear GZA the Genius murder a Premier banger. i bet Premier is gonna bring his absolute best to the table as well since it's on the collaboration with Pete Rock - friendly competition.

GZA has sounded mad sleepy some times but there's been moments of brilliance and i think a DJ Premier beat will make him heated enough to spit raw heat again - sorta like Black Milk with "7 Pounds" or True Master with "Alphabets". i remember Premier remixed the Afu-Ra/GZA song back in 2000 or something and that was brilliant.

other than that there's really not that many collaborations between Wu and the super producer, "Pop Shots", "N 2 Gether Now", "Show & Prove" and "Rap Phenomenon". i think that's it?
Don't forget about Gang Starr's 'Above the clouds' with the Rebel INS.
Erker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:48 AM   #14
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^ true. classic track

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #15
LONDON!
PRODIGAL SUN

LONDON! crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyglock View Post
sounds big, gza over premo soundscapes, that sounds big

this is a album that wil get copped asap when it drops, yes surr
LONDON! is offline   Reply With Quote