news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 04-23-2011, 04:33 PM   #16
Socrates92
PRODIGAL SUN

Socrates92 drunken mastaSocrates92 drunken mastaSocrates92 drunken masta

Not sure why, but I've hardly heard any Kool G Rap. Not a fan of Big Daddy Kane to be honest. I rarely listen to KRS, so Rakim wins by what seems like default, but I do love him, bump his stuff on a regular basis.
Socrates92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #17
Mic Tyson
Heisman

Mic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venomsMic Tyson five deadly venoms

G Rap isn't relevant, and he isn't even that good anymore. KRS one is probably the most relevant as far as releasing decent albums every year. but i would probably pick betwwen G Rap and KRS as my favorite
Old 04-23-2011, 07:05 PM   #18
theDZA
ADEPT

theDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkey

really hard for me to do this...but id have to say:

1st - Big Daddy Kane
2nd - Rakim
3rd - KRS ONE
4th - Kool G Rap
5th - Slick Rick (he should have been included in the original list)

thats how i feel atm, ask me again in a week and the list could be completely different. all of them are excellent MCs in their own right
Old 04-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #19
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms

Kane all day long, then G Rap

Aka. Living Proof
www.myspace.com/hiphop4infinite
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:35 PM   #20
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Krs then bdk then rakim.imo
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:44 PM   #21
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Big Daddy.

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:16 AM   #22
Pattch82
The Drunken Flunky

Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Pattch82 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

How come when discussing old school MC's no one ever mentions Chuck D...?

Chuck was a fuckin' beast and totally shits all over most in that list in my opinion (maybe not G Rap, but defo the others!) P.E. seems very under rated in modern day, never alot of convo's on them or love for their albums.

Their first 4 albums were all straight up bangers! I know they diluted the catalogue with pretty much all of their subsequent releases, but it dont take away from the fact that they got stone cold classics under their belt!!!

Peace!
Pattch82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:29 AM   #23
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

JASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of fury

i dont think krs or rakim are overly arrogant whatsoever. they know their strengths and don't make shit up. they're just being real
JASPER BEARDLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:30 AM   #24
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

JASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of fury

patch wtf no one in the history of rhyming has shit on rakim or krs or big daddy kane. chuck d is the man but he doesn't shit on them
JASPER BEARDLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:11 AM   #25
UncontrolledSubstans
PRODIGAL SUN

UncontrolledSubstans shaolin masta killaUncontrolledSubstans shaolin masta killaUncontrolledSubstans shaolin masta killaUncontrolledSubstans shaolin masta killaUncontrolledSubstans shaolin masta killaUncontrolledSubstans shaolin masta killaUncontrolledSubstans shaolin masta killa

G rap, no doubt, Rakim is second.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:04 AM   #26
dret.izm
WU.B.R

dret.izm crouching tigerdret.izm crouching tiger

definitely G RAP....
Old 04-24-2011, 01:25 PM   #27
WooHa
Avant-garde

WooHa drunken mastaWooHa drunken masta

Probably KRS-1
WooHa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:32 PM   #28
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saverio View Post
patch wtf no one in the history of rhyming has shit on rakim or krs or big daddy kane. chuck d is the man but he doesn't shit on them
echo that
Old 04-24-2011, 01:56 PM   #29
BIG D O
Veteran Member

Location: Somewhwere between concern and not givin a shit....
BIG D O iron monkeyBIG D O iron monkeyBIG D O iron monkeyBIG D O iron monkey

three way tie between Rakim, KRS and Kool G....

maybe Kris has grown on me b/c he's so much busier and productive than G Rap and Ra....style wise, I mean, who can touch Kool G right? guy still murders 16's man....Ra has been more disappointing lately...first there was that new album that was so bad...then there's the amount of time he makes ppl wait for projects....it's all pretty contrived...
BIG D O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:23 PM   #30
Socrates92
PRODIGAL SUN

Socrates92 drunken mastaSocrates92 drunken mastaSocrates92 drunken masta

I liked the Seventh Seal, had some dope tracks on it, by no means a classic but it's not as bad as people make out.
Socrates92 is offline   Reply With Quote