news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

View Poll Results: The better album?
The Sun Rises In The East 9 56.25%
Wrath Of The Math 3 18.75%
Can't Decide / Tie 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2010, 07:57 PM   #1
Lex Lugor
Parcheesi faced

Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Sun Rises Versus Wrath

Lex Lugor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:00 PM   #2
Lex Lugor
Parcheesi faced

Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Personally I go for wrath of the math, just the easier album to listen to with a larger quantity of great tracks.

Lex Lugor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:32 PM   #3
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I prefer Wrath Of The Math even though Sun Rises is considered by most to be better.

MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:32 PM   #4
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

Just 2 many classic songz. N that cover is fuckin eerie... Keep ur eyes open n u can c some shit comin' before it actually happens.

Last edited by 8; 12-12-2010 at 08:35 PM.
8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:43 PM   #5
Mr. R&B
Drunkdouche

Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

It's a toss up, because both albums are amazing.

I wish Jeru was more active in the current Hip-Hop landscape.

I can understand why he isn't, but underground MCs are doing noteworthy work these days.

Dude could easily make a comeback if he chose to.

How can one lose everything when one has nothing to lose???

Last edited by Mr. R&B; 12-12-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Mr. R&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:48 PM   #6
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

what? lyrically hes much better on sun rises.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:21 AM   #7
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^ i think lyrically it's pretty much tied but the production on "The Sun Rises in the East" is some of Premier's best work ever. front-to-back classic. "Come Clean", "Da Bitchez", "Brooklyn Took It", "Jungle Music", "D. Original", "Ain't The Devil Happy", etc, etc.

"Wrath Of The Math" was great too, i wish Jeru and Premier had stayed together

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #8
Frank Sobotka
Veteran Member

Frank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venomsFrank Sobotka five deadly venoms

Sun Rises, no question IMO
Old 12-13-2010, 01:20 PM   #9
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
^ i think lyrically it's pretty much tied but the production on "The Sun Rises in the East" is some of Premier's best work ever. front-to-back classic. "Come Clean", "Da Bitchez", "Brooklyn Took It", "Jungle Music", "D. Original", "Ain't The Devil Happy", etc, etc.

"Wrath Of The Math" was great too, i wish Jeru and Premier had stayed together

8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:33 PM   #10
Frank Drebin
shaolin shadowboxer

Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ya niiiiine spray my miiiiind spray

sun rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
then she started telling me that she can't drink house drinks or cheap vodak, that it has to be ciroc or patron or else she gets sick. Bitch you better guzzle this Bartons and take an advil.
Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:46 PM   #11
fatboybrandon
Your fav. artist's artist

fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I say neither one is better to me than the other, which is a large part of why the Preemo/Jeru legacy is so memorable to me. They gave each album it's own personality instead of the 2nd being like an extension or copy of the 1st.

Wrath was one of the first times Premier amazed me by his own style of chopping samples in his beats, sounding like he was taking bits of random sounds and arranging his own creations.

The Sun Rises amazed me from Premier's loop choices and his ability to hold a whole album down as a producer. It seems like he brought a new sensibility in using loops on that album, taking from records that have already been used (Isaac Hayes, Bob James, UPP) or untouched and coming out with gems.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:58 PM   #12
buckshotstheone
Legend

buckshotstheone shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to buckshotstheone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine_Complex View Post
It's a toss up, because both albums are amazing.

I wish Jeru was more active in the current Hip-Hop landscape.

I can understand why he isn't, but underground MCs are doing noteworthy work these days.

Dude could easily make a comeback if he chose to.

no he couldn't. he's dropped 3 albums since Wrath and they all flopped for the same reason, cause he's in the same category as Group Home and Afu-Ra, he ain't shit with Premier. now lyrically he's better than Lil Dap, that other dude's name, and Afu-Ra, but he still ain't never gonna do shit without Premier and at this point he's way past any point of returning
buckshotstheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:19 AM   #13
Paranoid
-

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

sun
Paranoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:36 AM   #14
BRONZBODY
Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!!

BRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to BRONZBODY Send a message via MSN to BRONZBODY

sun rises is a perfect 10 to me
wrath is a 9.9999999 which rounds it to 10 if u good at math and shit.

ive heard so man reasons why they not that cool no more but shit its been damn near 15 years man, hopefully they can squash the shit and do it again, if the cant do it for themselves then at least do it for guru.....
Old 12-14-2010, 08:44 AM   #15
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

They have patched things up

MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote