news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 12-14-2010, 08:54 AM   #1
Dokuro
Banned

Dokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killa
Default forcing some one to buy a product under law is unconstitutional?

Quote:
Originally Posted by news

Health insurance mandate is unconstitutional

By News on the Net Monday, December 13, 2010
RICHMOND (December 13, 2010) – Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli announced today that the Commonwealth of Virginia won its lawsuit in federal court challenging the constitutionality of the federal health care act. The attorney general asked the court to find that the health care mandate that every individual buy government-approved health insurance unconstitutional.

Federal District Court Judge Henry Hudson agreed with the attorney general and ruled today that the health insurance mandate is unconstitutional.

“Today we prevailed. This is a great day for the Constitution! This won’t be the final round, as this will ultimately be decided by the Supreme Court, but today is a critical milestone in the protection of the Constitution,” said Cuccinelli.

Virginia argued that the mandate that every person must buy government-approved health insurance violates the Constitution and that using the Constitution’s Commerce Clause to force people to buy a product goes beyond Congress’s power.

“The insurance mandate penalizes people for not engaging in commerce. In other words, you can get fined for doing nothing,” said Cuccinelli.

The judge agreed:

“The unchecked expansion of congressional power to the limits suggested by the Minimum Essential Coverage Provision would invite unbridled exercise of federal police powers. At its core, this dispute is not simply about regulating the business of insurance – or crafting a scheme of universal health insurance coverage – it’s about an individual’s right to choose to participate.”

Virginia also argued that the penalty the government wants to charge if one does not buy health insurance is not a tax. Virginia said that the government cannot call the penalty a tax to try to make it legal under Congress’s taxing authority. Congress and the president called it a penalty and said it was not a tax; they passed it as a penalty, not a tax; it works as a penalty, not as a tax. The judge again agreed with Virginia.

“When we brought suit back in March, media outlets and legal experts said we didn’t have a chance. They accused us of everything from playing politics instead of practicing law, to filing a frivolous lawsuit. They said our argument about constitutionality was in vain, that we relied on a controversial reading of the Constitution, and that we couldn’t prevail against the federal government,” said Cuccinelli.

“This ruling is extremely positive for anyone who believes in the system of federalism created by our Founding Fathers. It underscores that the Constitution’s limitations on federal power mean something. The rule of law means something. As attorney general of Virginia, I took an oath to protect the Constitution, and I’m keeping that oath.”

Cuccinelli also recognized the need for reform in health care, but said that further government intrusion was the problem, not the answer: “For the past nine months, we have been arguing the constitutionality of this law. I have said all along that this lawsuit is not about health care. It is about liberty. At the same time, I understand that people want more affordable health care, and I sympathize with people who honestly can’t afford it.

“But as someone who has sworn to uphold the law, I cannot endorse taking away the rights of all so that government can provide health care to some.

“If we cross this constitutional line with health care now – where the government can force us to buy a private product and say it is for our own good – then we will have given the government the power to force us to buy other private products, such as cars, gym memberships, or even asparagus. The government’s power to intrude on our lives for our own good will be virtually unlimited.

“You may be willing to put up with that now, when the government is doing something you like. But what happens when it starts to impose things on you that you do not like? Then, it will be too late.

“Yes, parts of our health care system need to be fixed. Yes, expenses are out of control. Yes, not everyone’s needs are being met. But there are better solutions than giving up our freedom. The problem with health care costs is not that there is not enough government involvement. It is that there is too much government. It is time we took the power out of the hands of the politicians and put it in the hands of the consumers,” he said.

Before the ruling came down, Cuccinelli initiated conversations with the Justice Department about fast-tracking the suit to the U.S. Supreme Court. “With this ongoing court battle, there is a great deal of uncertainty for states, individuals, and businesses as to whether this law will be around two years from now or not. We need this resolved as quickly as possible – for the good of our people and our economy,” said Cuccinelli.

meanwhile i have two tickets for my car

on my Cadillac fleet-wood i got a ticket for not having insurance on a car i just wipe down with a diaper

i got a tick the other day for talking on my phone with out a ear peace....
Dokuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

sounds like an issue of not having enough money to buy the things you need.
Learn to grind before you shine...
Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #3
Dokuro
Banned

Dokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killa

oh no i can buy insurance when ever i wont to but making it a law to buy it come on
and i mean

come-on

Last edited by Dokuro; 12-14-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:01 AM   #4
pro.Graveface
BuddaHazeMysteryDeepSpace

pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to pro.Graveface Send a message via Skype™ to pro.Graveface

tru yo they force thiese things and its the same with health insurance and tax
Mother Yin Father Yang are my GrandParents!
Graveface is now Gravespace
pro.Graveface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #5
Dokuro
Banned

tax is OK
but products and insurance is not cool
Old 12-15-2010, 11:13 AM   #6
Dokuro
Banned

tax is OK
but products and insurance is not cool
Old 12-17-2010, 05:08 PM   #7
Sense-A
PRODIGAL SUN

Sense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal son

Obamacare passed an entire year ago. People are just now realizing it is an unfunded mandate? The same libtards that thought they were getting something extra for free are now upset. It's sort of a running joke that the one thing that HUSSEIN obama considered his best victory so far is unconstitutional.

This mandate is different from car insurance. Driving is a privilege. You can choose not to own and drive a personal vehicle on public roads and NOT have to buy auto insurance. You can also choose to put funds into a reserve account with the DMV to sidestep the requirement to buy auto insurance.

But how do you get out of being FORCED to buy health insurance? Obamacare suggests that JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE ALIVE that you HAVE TO PURCHASE health insurance; even if you do not use the American medical system.

Liberals are fucking idiots. Maybe it'll take you a year or so to catch on to that one. Lazy unemployed liberals ALREADY have plenty of FREE access to medical care in the best medical system in the entire world. So for one thing it was never even a crisis to begin with. People aren't left dying on the streets because they don't have health insurance. That is a fucking lie that the libz try to spread. Not only this, but they lied by telling you that this bill was going to reduce spending when it drastically INCREASES spending.

Problem - Reaction - Solution

What lesson should you learn from this? Think twice before EVER voting for a fucker with a (D) beside his name on the ballot.

It is also fucking ridiculous that during all this talk about tax cuts the liberals kept accusing the Republicans of "giving tax breaks to the rich." The Republicans aren't lowering taxes. They just want to keep taxes the same! They want to extend the Bush tax cuts, not cut them deeper! Also, the liberals want to RAISE estate taxes! Estate tax is double taxation!!! THOSE LIBERAL FUCKS! Also, the liberals stuffed PORK into the bill by extending unemployment benefits. THESE LAZY FUCKS ALREADY GET TO STAY ON UNEMPLOYMENT FOR 2 YEARS (99 weeks)! GET A JOB YOU FUCKING BUMS! Instead liberals want people to stay on the government TEET. Also, the liberals accuse the Republicans for increasing the deficit when in fact it is the liberals that have the track record of not only SPENDING more but also generating LESS REVENUE for the federal government the last 30 years. The liberals are primarily to blame if you are upset with the national debt. But they tell you otherwise. They are too dumb to know anything about the Laffe curve. Now, even Obama is trying to distance himself from the dumbfuck liberals in congress in his own party. Also the liberals have led you to believe that they have been at the mercy of the Republicans' demands regarding the tax legislation the last two months. FUCKER the Demoncrats have the majority in both houses of congress! You fuckers can pass anything you want with majority! The problem is that about 1/3 of the Demoncrats are so sick of their own party's incompetency that they are now voting along Republican lines.

For more information, refer to my thread about the retardation of American Social Liberal Demoncrats.

Last edited by Sense-A; 12-17-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Sense-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:17 PM   #8
Sense-A
PRODIGAL SUN

Sense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal son

By the way, healthcare is not a right. A car is not a right. A house is not a right. Education is not a right.

You get to have the PURSUIT of happiness. That means get a fucking job and work your way up like GOOD Americans.

YOu keep taxing the rich taxing the rich taxing the rich. Then you complain that government cedes to the rich peoples demands? Of course they do you bitches. Because they're the ones paying the way for all you lazy bums!!! Those roads you drive on, those schools you go to, those electric lines going to your house. How much of that DID YOU pay for? You probably get a full tax refund every year. Our tax system is TOO PROGRESSIVE. So progressive now that rich people just move overseas and export their shit back to the USA and we pay double for it and don't get the benefit of having jobs for everyone.

If anything, the Democrats should have raised taxes for people making LESS THAN $250,000/year, not those who make more than that who already pay fortunes more than you do. And for the love of GOD phase out the fucking welfare system. It is absurdly rampant with abuse now. I bet over half the people on unemployment aren't even looking for a fucking job.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:45 PM   #9
Dokuro
Banned

no ones taxing the rich right now dude haven't you been paying attention.

your like a dude that just woke up in the middle of class when the teacher asked you a question. you gave the answer of what you think you know.

stop going to church and stop watching fox

but your right all those things are not a right but the reps still tried to push that law through, just so the dems couldn't push there bullshit ordinance through.

theres just bickering among them-selfs and there both fucking wrong

i leave it to you to decide who is more wrong

its like picking between Christians and Muslims it doesn't matter there all the same

Last edited by Dokuro; 12-17-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:50 PM   #10
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i bet sense-a couldn't produce $1000 cash right now if asked to.
Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:52 PM   #11
Dokuro
Banned

agree

but i'm kinda enjoying all the the GOPs coming to this forum

Last edited by Dokuro; 12-17-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:45 AM   #12
Sense-A
PRODIGAL SUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Cypher View Post
no ones taxing the rich right now dude haven't you been paying attention.
First of all don't call me "dude." And really? Who told you that? Your idol Keith Olbermann?

First of all you have to understand what the Bush Tax cuts actually are. And you have to analyze their effects. The USA was making GOOD revenue even after the tax cuts. Now liberals will tell you that tax cuts are COSTING the USA money. But that is absolutely wrong. Just because you decrease or increase a tax rate doesn't mean that you will necessarily take in less or more tax revenue. This is the GREATEST misconception, as an accountant, that I see people make.

Look up "Laffe Curve" in a search engine. Scroll past all the liberal blog posts that might pop up trying to discredit the truth of the curve and find some meaty information on the statistical basis of the curve and the historical proof.

chart from: http://taxprof.typepad.com/.shared/i...ue20growth.jpg

It is my opinion (based on figures, charts, statistics) that the Bush Tax Cuts actually brought in MORE FEDERAL REVENUE and that there is a strong although not direct correlation between the two. Congress has the responsibility to balance the budget, not the President. It was the Demoncrats that took the majority in congress in 2006 that spent spent spent money they didn't have. So why do they blame GWB when it was THEM? Not that I give GWB a free pass at all.

Do you see that? "Income, capital, and corporate" tax cuts helped revenue SURGE!!

Liberal: buh buh but i thought tax cuts for the rich were going to increase the deficit!

Me: No you liberal dumbfuck. You're an idiot.

I've been calling it the Laffe curve. Its actually the "Laffer" curve. Something simple that you learn in college business school. I URGE that some of you actually attempt to get a business degree. There is a lot that you think you know but you don't know.

Basically you keep raising taxes until you hit the sweet spot. Beyond the sweet spot, raising taxes only effectively DECREASES tax revenue as a whole. We are already past the point of diminishing returns.

Lets forget about the tax cuts for a second and just look at our national debt problem because this is our ultimate concern.

Fiscal year (begins
10/01 of prev. year) Value % of GDP
2001 $144.5 billion 1.4%
2002 $409.5 billion 3.9%
2003 $589.0 billion 5.5%
2004 $605.0 billion 5.3%
2005 $523.0 billion 4.3%
2006 $536.5 billion 4.1%
2007 $459.5 billion 3.4%
2008 $962.2 billion 6.6%
2009 $1785.6 billion 12.5%
2010 $1471.0 billion (est.)10.0%
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_public_debt

Obama and the Demoncrats added almost $2 trillion to the deficit in one year alone! Yikes! And they're still blaming W Bush. Obama was blaming Bush again at the speech to the unions a while back. I'm sure that a portion of this debt is the aftermath of prior years. But why are we spending spending spending on all these stimulus programs that simply haven't and didn't work? If they did we'd see effective results as we did with GWB's tax cuts. In the REAL world, people want RESULTS! Not a bunch of liberal rhetorical bullshit!

Some arguments against extending the Bush tax cuts is that it isn't as much "bang for the buck" as letting them expire and using the mythological EXTRA REVENUE on more stimulus. But historically I suspect that the expiration of the cuts won't REALLY yield extra revenue. Another argument I think liberals might use is that the tax revenues in 2005 and 2006 are outliers and merely part of the business cycle, and that we must historically go back farther to realize that tax cuts do not increase tax revenue.

Also, supposedly there are CBO and joint tax committee reports that suggest that the tax cuts do not pay for themselves. But the CBO also told me that Obamacare was going to save us money over the next 10 years which I will not believe until I see it.

I believe that our country has some of the most oppressive corporate tax rates in the world. We need jobs! Corporations hire people! And right now I think that corporations are moving away from this country or else just outsourcing and avoiding the USA's oppressive tax rates.

If you liberals are so concerned about keeping federal revenue high so you can SPEND SPEND SPEND like you do for your wife because that's the only reason she stays around, then you should address the real problem:

Nearly half of US households escape fed income tax
Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Tax Day is a dreaded deadline for millions, but for nearly half of U.S. households it's simply somebody else's problem.

About 47 percent will pay no federal income taxes at all for 2009. Either their incomes were too low, or they qualified for enough credits, deductions and exemptions to eliminate their liability. That's according to projections by the Tax Policy Center, a Washington research organization. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Nearly....html?x=0&.v=1
Come on now. That is half the population that can begin paying their fair share. Or at least pay something! Maybe if everyone was at least paying some federal income tax they'd pay more attention to the dipshits they are electing into office.

Okay enough charts. I already proved my point. To finish off, I'd like for you guys to actually UNDERSTAND the Bush tax cuts before you start dissing them. They were actually quite genius if I may say so myself. Well, I thought GWB mailing us stimulus checks was stupid, but if you are going to stimulate the economy that is the MOST fair way to do it. To actually mail Americans checks instead of just give it all to unions and corporations like Obama does.

The "Bush Tax Cuts" consist of the "Economic Growth and Tax Reform Reconciliation Act of 2001 (EGTRRA), the Job Creation and Workers Assistance Act of 2002 (JCWA), and The Jobs and Growth Tax Relief and Reconciliation Act of 2003 (JGTRRA)" (source:http://www.taxfoundation.org/news/show/323.html)

Quote:
According to the Treasury Department*, there have been 19 significant federal tax cuts since the end of World War II. Three of them have been passed under the Administration of George W. Bush
Economic Growth and Tax Reform Reconciliation Act of 2001

Quote:
Major tax areas affected
Income tax

EGTRRA generally reduced the rates of individual income taxes:

* a new 10% bracket was created for single filers with taxable income up to $6,000, joint filers up to $12,000, and heads of households up to $10,000.
* the 15% bracket's lower threshold was indexed to the new 10% bracket
* the 28% bracket would be lowered to 25% by 2006.
* the 31% bracket would be lowered to 28% by 2006
* the 36% bracket would be lowered to 33% by 2006
* the 39.6% bracket would be lowered to 35% by 2006

The EGTRRA in many cases lowered the taxes on married couples filing jointly by increasing the standard deduction for joint filers to between 174% and 200% of the deduction for single filers.

Additionally, EGTRRA increased the per-child tax credit and the amount eligible for credit spent on dependent child care, phased out limits on itemized deductions and personal exemptions for higher income taxpayers, and increased the exemption for the Alternative Minimum Tax, and created a new depreciation deduction for qualified property owners.
[edit] Capital gains tax

The capital gains tax on qualified gains of property or stock held for five years was reduced from 10% to 8%.

Qualified and retirement plans

EGTRRA introduced sweeping changes to retirement plans, incorporating many of the so-called Portman-Cardin provisions proposed by those House members in 2000 and earlier in 2001. Overall it raised pre-tax contribution limits for defined contribution plans and Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs), increased defined benefit compensation limits, made non-qualified retirement plans more flexible and more similar to qualified plans such as 401(k)s, and created a "catch-up" provision for older workers.

EGTRRA allows, for the first time, for participants in non-qualified 401(a) money purchase, 403(b) tax-sheltered annuity, and governmental 457(b) deferred compensation plans (but not tax-exempt 457 plans) to "roll over" their money and consolidate accounts, whether to a different non-qualified plan, to a qualified plan such as a 401(k), or to an IRA. Prior rules only allowed plan moneys to leave the plan and maintain its tax deferred status only if the money went directly to an IRA or to an IRA and back into a "like kind" defined contribution retirement account. For example, 403(b) moneys leaving the old employer could only go to the new employer's defined contribution plan if it were also a 403(b). Now the old 401(k) plan money could be transferred directly in a trustee-to-trustee "rollover" to an IRA and then from the IRA to a new employer's 403(b) or the entire transfer could be directly from the old employer's 403(b) to the new employer's 401(k). That the new Tax Act allows employers to do so does not mean that any employer is forced to accept new money from the outside.

The so-called "catch-up" provision allows employees over the age of 50 to make additional contributions to their retirement plans over and above the normal limits. For workers who are already retired, the law raises the age for minimum required distributions (MRDs), directing the Treasury to revise its life expectancy tables and simplify MRD rules.

EGTRRA created two new retirement savings vehicles. The Deemed IRA or Sidecar IRA is a Roth IRA attached as a separate account to an employer-sponsored retirement plan; while the differing tax treatment is preserved for the employee, the funds may be commingled for investment purposes. It is an improvement upon the unpopular qualified voluntary employee contribution (QVEC) provision developed in the early 1980s. The so-called Roth 401(k)/403(b) is a new tax-qualified employer-sponsored retirement plan to become effective in 2006, and would offer tax treatment in a retirement plan similar to that offered to account holders of Roth IRAs.

For plan sponsors, the law requires involuntary cash-out distributions of 401(k) accounts into a default IRA. It accelerates the mandatory vesting schedule applied to matching contributions, but increases the portion of employer contributions permitted from profit sharing. Small employers are granted tax incentives to offer retirement plans to their employees, and sole proprietors, partners and S corporation shareholders gain the right to take loans from their company pension plans.
[edit] Educational savings incentives
Wiki letter w.svg This section requires expansion.
[edit] Estate and gift tax rules

The EGTRRA made sweeping changes to the estate tax, gift tax, and generation-skipping transfer tax.

* The estate tax unified credit exclusion, which was $675,000 in 2001 but scheduled to increase by steps to $1,000,000 in 2006, was increased to $1,000,000 in 2002, $1,500,000 in 2004, $2,000,000 in 2006, and $3,500,000 in 2009, with repeal of the estate tax and generation-skipping tax scheduled for 2010.

* The maximum estate tax, gift tax, and generation-skipping tax rate, which was 55% in 2001 (with an additional 5% for estates over $10,000,000 in order to eliminate the benefit of the lower estate tax brackets) was reduced to 50% in 2002, with an additional 1% reduction each year until 2007, when the top estate tax rate became 45%. P.L. 107-16 amended Code Section 2001 to change the rate to 49% in 2003, going down by 1% each year through 2009. (Because of the increasing exclusion and decreasing top tax rate, the estate tax effectively became a tax of 45% on estates over $2,000,000 in 2007.)

* The state estate tax credit, which effectively gave the states a part of the estate tax otherwise payable to the federal government, was phased out between 2002 and 2005 and replaced by a deduction for state estate taxes in 2005.

* The gift tax was not repealed, and the unified credit exclusion has remained at $1,000,000 for gift tax purposes despite the increases in the estate tax exclusion, but the maximum gift tax rate was reduced to 35% beginning in 2010.

* Because of the repeal of the estate tax in 2010, complicated new "carry-over basis" provisions were enacted which would increase the income tax on capital gains realized by some estates and heirs. (Under pre-EGTRRA law, property that is subject to estate tax gets a new income tax basis equal to fair market value, eliminating any capital gain on lifetime appreciation.)

Because EGTRRA is subject to a "sunset" provision, the estate, gift, and generation-skipping taxes will all be automatically reinstated in 2011 unless Congress acts before then. Efforts were made during the 109th Congress to make the repeal of the estate tax permanent, but those measures were not enacted, and with the Democratic party majority in Congress after the 2006 election, it appears unlikely that the estate tax will be repealed, although changes to the exclusions and rates are likely.

Effects of the Alternative Minimum Tax

EGTRRA and the 2003 act significantly lowered the marginal tax rates for nearly all US taxpayers. One byproduct of this tax rate reduction was that it brought to prominence a previously lesser known provision of the US Internal Revenue Code, the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT). The AMT was originally designed as a way of making sure that wealthy taxpayers could not take advantage of "too many" tax incentives and reduce their tax obligation by too much. It is an alternate system of calculating a taxpayer's tax liability that removes many so called "tax preference items". However the applicable AMT rates were not adjusted in step with the lowered rates of EGTRRA and the 2003 act, causing many more people to face higher taxes because of the AMT than had originally been planned. This reduced some of the benefit of EGTRRA and the 2003 act for many upper-middle income earners, particularly those with large deductions for state and local income taxes, dependents, and property taxes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economi...on_Act_of_2001
Job Creation and Workers Assistance Act of 2002

Quote:
increased carryback of net operating losses to 5 years (through September 2003), extended the exception under Subpart F for active financing income (through 2006), and created 30 percent expensing for certain capital asset purchases (through September 2004).

The act was signed into law by President George W. Bush on March 9, 2002. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Job_Cre...ce_Act_of_2002
The Jobs and Growth Tax Relief and Reconciliation Act of 2003

Quote:
Among other provisions, the act accelerated certain tax changes passed in the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001, increased the exemption amount for the individual Alternative Minimum Tax, and lowered taxes of income from dividends and capital gains.

The Wall Street Journal editorial page states that taxes paid by millionaire households more than doubled from $136 billion in 2003 to $274 billion in 2006 because of the JGTRRA.[5]

Description of cuts

JGTRRA continued on the precedent established by the 2001 EGTRRA, while increasing tax reductions on investment income from dividends and capital gains.
[edit] Accelerated credits and rate reductions

JGTRRA accelerated the gradual rate reduction and increase in credits passed in EGTRRA. The maximum tax rate decreases originally scheduled to be phased into effect in 2006 under EGTRRA were retroactively enacted to apply to the 2003 tax year. In addition, the child tax credit was increased to what would have been the 2010 level, and "marriage penalty" relief was accelerated to 2009 levels. In addition, the threshold at which the alternative minimum tax applies was also increased.
[edit] Investments

JGTRRA increased both the percentage rate at which items can be depreciated and the amount a taxpayer may choose to expense under Section 179, allowing them to deduct the full cost of the item from their income without having to depreciate the amount.

In addition, the capital gains tax decreased from rates of 8%, 10%, and 20% to 5% and 15%. Capital gains taxes for those currently paying 5% (in this instance, those in the 0% and 15% income tax brackets) are scheduled to be eliminated in 2008. However, capital gains taxes remain at the regular income tax rate for property held less than one year. Certain categories, such as collectibles, remained taxed at existing rates, with a 28% cap. In addition, taxes on "qualified dividends" were reduced to the capital gains levels. "Qualified dividends" excludes most income from foreign corporations, real estate investment trusts, and credit union and bank "dividends" that are nominally interest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jobs_an...on_Act_of_2003
GWB tax cuts were a success. He got us out of what could have been a deep recession following the greatest attack on our country in its history. Business flourished. Obama knows this. That is why he wanted to extend the cuts without lending too much credibility to GWB. But the dumbfucks in congress don't even understand the difference between "spending" and "revenue." They are too busy trying to shove PORK into the tax bill. What the fuck does unemployment benefits extensions have to do with tax policy? Nothing. And liberal media keeps telling you that the extension decreases rates from what they currently are. A LIE. the payroll tax cut is a wise move and I actually lend respect to Obama for wanting that in there. Corporate tax is just a double tax anyways. I've already explained that in previous threads and think it went over most peoples' heads since you guys hardly even know how a corporation is structured and operates. I recommend you buy some stocks and begin finding out yourself by participating in the genius system of democratically owned companies which you get a stake in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLE View Post
i bet sense-a couldn't produce $1000 cash right now if asked to.
Come on kid. I made over $1000 in passive tax free income on the stock market alone in the last two weeks off of ticker symbols TBT, VLO, FTO, DRYS, IRE amongst others. I've been calling the peaks perfectly lately. Bond bubble gonna burst. European bank stocks undervalued. Rode the devalued oil stocks up for a quick profit. Etc. Don't ever question my expertise on this shit you dummy. I analyze this shit on a daily basis. I'm a fucking insomniac. I dream about ways to make money when you're too busy trying to figure out how to pay your utility bills you schmoe. In conclusion, I make more money clicking my mouse in my spare time than you do in your 40 hour job.

Last edited by Sense-A; 12-18-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Sense-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:06 AM   #13
Sense-A
PRODIGAL SUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Cypher View Post
agree

but i'm kinda enjoying all the the GOPs coming to this forum
I can't help but think you are referring to me. I have no allegiance to the Republican party. As much as I hate the Republican party, they are CERTAINLY much better than the Democratic party for many many reasons which I can itemize out for you if you challenge me to.

I actively research candidates from their early primary runs onward. In the last election I voted for an Indian woman for governor, a conservative black man as my congressman, a libertarian, and even several Democrats. For each office I felt that I did my due diligence in researching all candidates. I am strongly against people who merely vote along party lines. I stand by each one of my votes with confidence that I made the right choice and I went into the booth educated and prepared. I actually encourage you guys to participate in primaries and to not wait until November 2nd when you are only limited to two or three choices.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:12 AM   #14
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

You post a lot of graphs and data and all other stuff, the fact remains that you have health on the level of a second world country.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:03 AM   #15
Sense-A
PRODIGAL SUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
You post a lot of graphs and data and all other stuff, the fact remains that you have health on the level of a second world country.
Really? The richest people in this country that can afford the best top-notch most cutting edge medical care aren't leaving this country to go get their operations and surgeries done elsewhere. No. They stay right here. And all the brightest students who want a medical career....where do they go to study? At AMERICAN medical universities.

Please post evidence of ONE SINGLE American who died because they had an emergency health problem that needed IMMEDIATE attention but were denied because they didn't have an insurance card. NAME ONE!!!! You can't. Because it doesn't happen. We take care of you unemployed ghetto dirtbags everytime you show up with a gunshot wound and ask for payment LATER and then you don't pay and there is no punishment except a lower credit score...oooooooooh. Why is healthcare expensive? Because the doctor spent 8 rigorous years in medical school getting straight A's and paying top dollar for a top notch education! When have you ever spent 8 years committed to doing anything constructive besides doing drugs?

How come you fucks always afford new air force ones, new gold chains, new cell phones, text message plans, cable television, new cars, new clothes, cigarettes, beer, mp3 players, $5 packs of blunts, stereos, wide screen tvs, etc. etc. but you can't afford some high deductible health insurance?!? Because your priorities are mixed the fuck up. That is why.

At this point, I almost agree that health insurance should be FORCED upon people. Because they are too ignorant to get it for themselves. Sort of like Social Security. You want people to have the FREEDOM to invest in their own retirement. But the reality is that most people are too fucking dumb to save a penny for their own retirement. So you have to take it out of their fucking paychecks FOR THEM.