news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 12-15-2010, 05:16 AM   #1
Inspektah Meth-Tical

Default What the fuck is wrong with me? Winter Wars verse has me confuzzled

You heard of the rasp before but kept waitin
for the sun of song, I keep dancehalls strong
Beats never worthy of my cause, I prolong
Extravangza, time sits still
No propoganda, be wary of the skill
As I bring forth the music, make love to your eardrum
Dedicated to rap nigga beware of the fearsome
Lebanon Don, Malcolm X beat threat
CD massacre, murder to cassette
I blow the shop up, you ain't seen nuttin yet
One man ran, tryin to get away from it
Put your bifocal on, watch me a-cometh
into your chamber like Freddy enter dream
Discombumberate your technique and your scheme
Four course applause, like a black dat to dat
You're stuck on stupid like I'm stuck on the map
Nowhere to go except next show bro
Entertainin motherfuckers can't stop O
in battlin, you don't want me to start tattlin
All upon the stage cause y'all snakes keep rattlin
Bitch, you ain't got nothin on the rich
Every other day my whole dress code switch
So just in case you want to clock me like Sherry
All y'all crab bitches ain't got to worry
Can't get a nigga like Don dime a dozen
Even if I'm smoked out I can't be scoped out
I'm too ill, I represent Park Hill
See my face on the twenty dollar bill
Cash it in, and get ten dollars back
The fat LP with Cappachino on the wax
Pass it in your think, put valve up to twelve
Put all the other LP's back on the shelf
And smoke a blunt, and dial 9-1-7
1-6-0-4-9-3-11
And you could get long dick hip-hop affection
I damage any MC who step in my direction
I'm Staten Island's best son fuck what you heard
Niggaz still talkin that shit is absurd
My repotoire, is U.S.S.R.
P.L.O. style got thrown out the car
and ran over, by the Method Man jeep
Divine can't define my style is so deep
like pussy, my low cut fade stay bushy
like a porcupine, I part backs like a spine
Cut you like a blunt and reconstruct your design
I know you want to diss me, but I can read your mind
Cuz you weak in the knees, like SWV
Tryin to get a title like Wu Killa Bee
Kid change your habit, you know I'm friends with the Abbott
Me and RZA ridin name printed in the tablet
under vets, we paid our debts for mad years
Hibernate the sound, and now we out like beers
and blunt power, born physically power speakin
The truth in the song be the pro-black teachin

Seriously?
Old 12-15-2010, 05:24 AM   #2
dret.izm
SHAOLIN STUDENT

dret.izm crouching tigerdret.izm crouching tiger

.... fucking idiot
Old 12-15-2010, 06:39 AM   #3
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

come on man, that verse is one of the illest in the entire Wu catalouge and it's all in the FLOW and DELIVERY. he absolutely rapes that song, rhyming for like 3 minutes and he doesn't even seem to breathe + there's mad quotables in there. it's as good as any Canibus verse when he was at his peak, in fact they both had that crazy energy back in the day (with verses like "Desperado" and "Beasts From The East", etc.)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:08 AM   #4
Inspektah Meth-Tical

Yo claaa i got a serious Q for you.

Do you think if some of the old school shit was dropped today they would still be considered classics? Like say INS dropped his 'Cream' and 'Triumph' verses in 2010 or Nas' 'Illmatic' came out in 2010, do you think they would be considered classics? Cuz in this day lyrics are at a pretty high level with almost every rapper using mutlis and whatnot. Like KRS-One still drops classic verses to this day using the same style cuz he's not really a techical rapper he's a rapper more concerned about the subject matter, but lets say KRS came out to this day, he would be considered a average rapper right? You get me? What you think?
Old 12-15-2010, 08:12 AM   #5
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

to begin with the reason all those guys even sound like they do with multies and internal rhyme patterns and whatnot is because of guys like Rakim, Nas and KRS-One. i can't even imagine those albums dropping today because they sound like '90s and '80s album, they are a reflection of the time they was released in but yes they would still be masterpieces of course. no matter how you look at it, KRS-One will never be an average rapper and Nas in 2010 is better than 95% of rappers out there.. Nas in 1994 is better than 100% of every rapper in 2010. same with Rakim in 1988.

and also i don't agree with you that lyrics is at an all-time high right now in hip-hop, i'd say the average rap artist was much more lyrical in the '90s than now. you still don't seem to have understand that internal rhyme patterns and multies doesn't make a rapper great or even decent... in my opinion you can never, ever, look at a paper with written down lyrics and tell if that's a good MC or not. a good writer, yes, but a good rapper.. no fucking way!! i'd take heart and soul over multies any day.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Last edited by claaa7; 12-15-2010 at 08:15 AM.
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:20 AM   #6
Inspektah Meth-Tical

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
to begin with the reason all those guys even sound like they do with multies and internal rhyme patterns and whatnot is because of guys like Rakim, Nas and KRS-One. i can't even imagine those albums dropping today because they sound like '90s and '80s album, they are a reflection of the time they was released in but yes they would still be masterpieces of course. no matter how you look at it, KRS-One will never be an average rapper and Nas in 2010 is better than 95% of rappers out there.. Nas in 1994 is better than 100% of every rapper in 2010. same with Rakim in 1988.

and also i don't agree with you that lyrics is at an all-time high right now in hip-hop, i'd say the average rap artist was much more lyrical in the '90s than now. you still don't seem to have understand that internal rhyme patterns and multies doesn't make a rapper great or even decent... in my opinion you can never, ever, look at a paper with written down lyrics and tell if that's a good MC or not. a good writer, yes, but a good rapper.. no fucking way!! i'd take heart and soul over multies any day.
So you think cats were more lyrical back in the 90's? I mean these days every rapper is a multi syllabic rapper like i said before and they got a lot of heart (J.Cole, Jay-Electronica, Lupe Fiasco). Lupe is one of the greatest lyricist of all time.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:24 AM   #7
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

how can you question any performance when you post shit like this on the internet!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspektah-Meth-Tical
now 10 years later
considered as a failure
i'm still send up prayers to the maker
for a easier way to be a paper chaser
money warms my blood streams
so i plot the ultimate scheme
to get infinate cream, my wildest dream
now most of my peers from the gone past
is either making long cash
some are happily married, with children
the memeory of me slowly being forgotten
cuz i was never important
so i sit on my bed
slit my wrist, watch the vein split
hopefully letting the pain slip

life a bitch/my schemes to get rich
don't work out how i wish
so fuck it/imma live it
no limit/live my life with no gimmicks
true to the left side of the chest
imma ride to the death
till out out of my last breath
taking fast steps/on the road to the riches
my brain loaded with wishes
to earn the highest of riches
Quote:
so i sit on my bed
Quote:
so i sit on my bed
Quote:
so i sit on my bed
HAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAH

now those threads you made about cutting yourself fall into perspective!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

net ranger, solo and lonely... key style suicide case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
angry! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:25 AM   #8
SL33
Hungry Hyena From Medina

SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Claa7's first post explains it all, allthough i'm not co-signin that canibus remark.

He raped that beat.

SL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:32 AM   #9
issues

issues shaolin masta killaissues shaolin masta killaissues shaolin masta killaissues shaolin masta killaissues shaolin masta killaissues shaolin masta killaissues shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspektah Meth-Tical View Post
So you think cats were more lyrical back in the 90's? I mean these days every rapper is a multi syllabic rapper like i said before and they got a lot of heart (J.Cole, Jay-Electronica, Lupe Fiasco). Lupe is one of the greatest lyricist of all time.
back to basics and learn what lyricism is..

multisyllabic patterns does not instantly make you a great lyricist..

issues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:41 AM   #10
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

and sayin KRS ONE is simple...

just shows how clueless you truly are...

ever heard of STYLES?!?!!?!?!?!?!

j. cole is fuckin boring, he has no heart, and no style, nothing defines him as an artist, he rhymes words, weak voice, flow outta pocket, weak clarity...

but KRS ONE is in over his head?!?!!?!?!?

go listen to a KRS album...

story you can follow visually, history lesson on wax, with incredible flavor...

KRS has infinite flows, but you dont know how to break down the skills of emceeing, you judge a rappers skillset lookin up lyrics like a geek....

L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2010, 08:48 AM   #11
Inspektah Meth-Tical

J. Cole is the future faggot.

Lupe > KRS as a lyricst.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:55 AM   #12
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:56 AM   #13
angry!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspektah Meth-Tical View Post
J. Cole is the future faggot.

Lupe > KRS as a lyricst.
lupe!?!?!?!?

you mean the sellout nigga that made the skateboarding joint after his label told him to cut the street shit!?!?!?!?!!?!?

the same nigga dropping an album called LASERS, where hes singing over electronica joints?!?!?!!?

lupe voice is soft.... hes talented, but hes not KRS ONE... hes a see the money and change it all up kinda nigga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post the best j. cole song...

youre LOST...

that kid doesnt have ONE signature song to his name...

bcause theres nothing new, different, or special about him!!!!!!!!!!

YOURE a special guy... with special needs...

j cole is a mediocre emcee getting gassed by clueless fans like you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW - this cap verse shits on anything J COLE has ever dropped
Old 12-15-2010, 08:58 AM   #14
habitual_line_steppr

habitual_line_steppr grasshopper

Smh
habitual_line_steppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:01 AM   #15
Inspektah Meth-Tical

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfTNuT2gVVo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE-OFGa5vNM

"ause that old sh-t fake and this new sh-t real
J Cole not Jay witness that Blueprint feel
Hey Cole is you crazy thats some big boots to fill
Yeah straight out the Ville and the shoes fit well"

Angry man whos ur top 5 lyricist?

And Godfather Don will always be leagues ahead of KRS.

And claaa7, this isn't out of hatred, but Nas isn't really a multi syllabic rapper, he's not a reason cats be doing multis.

G Rap/BDK/Rakim are the reasons for that NOT NaS, Nas was 6 years late.

Last edited by Inspektah Meth-Tical; 12-15-2010 at 09:07 AM.