news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Lab > Audio Booth

Old 01-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
DeeBlock
Veteran Member

DeeBlock prodigal sonDeeBlock prodigal sonDeeBlock prodigal sonDeeBlock prodigal sonDeeBlock prodigal sonDeeBlock prodigal son
Default Sampling and Beat Making

What equipment do you use and what's the cost?
DeeBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
pRoTeChTyAnEcK
funkmaster general

pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

MPC 500: $500-600. unless you can find one used like I did for slightly less.

I won't get into the cost of my other equipment cause it's quite a few items, but........

Truth is, you should do lots of personal research and shopping around. If you got dough then I suggest getting anything brand new. Also, look for clearance or open items cause you can usually get a working machine that has only been used a couple times w/a store warranty. Midi equipment and software is another route worth looking at as well.

Check this thread too:
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49434

Last edited by pRoTeChTyAnEcK; 01-06-2011 at 02:31 PM.
pRoTeChTyAnEcK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #3
KLIION JENSEN
PRODIGAL SUN

KLIION JENSEN drunken mastaKLIION JENSEN drunken mastaKLIION JENSEN drunken masta

Ableton Live 6 (i think they're up to 9 now though), free, downloaded, Soundforge 9, free, downloaded, all on my laptop.....
KLIION JENSEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
Professor Poopsnagle
Banned

Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

If you're new to it, just start with a cracked FL Studio and a maybe buy a small keyboard or second hand MPD. That's all I use for my beats.

Wish I bought this instead. That and FL is a killer combo.

Don't start spending a lot of money until you know what you really need.
Professor Poopsnagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:51 PM   #5
pRoTeChTyAnEcK
funkmaster general

pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Reason is dope....I use an MPD 24 & M-Audio Oxygen 25 for my digital set up. Fruity Loops(FL Studio) has been a major part of my growth as a producer since I was 15, so that is also a good recommendation.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #6
fatboybrandon
Your fav. artist's artist

fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Guitarcenter.com

Check out the Used section of Guitar Center, they've got different MPC models for as low as $350:

Old 01-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #7
Sativahhh
رضيت بالله ربّاً وبلإسلام

Sativahhh iron monkeySativahhh iron monkeySativahhh iron monkey

where can download the reason?
Sativahhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:48 PM   #8
Sativahhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Poopsnagle View Post
If you're new to it, just start with a cracked FL Studio and a maybe buy a small keyboard or second hand MPD. That's all I use for my beats.

Wish I bought this instead. That and FL is a killer combo.

Don't start spending a lot of money until you know what you really need.
peace
how cost this?200$4?
Old 01-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #9
Professor Poopsnagle
Banned

Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Around €200, it's basically a MPD32 and MPK25 in one. Just a few pads less.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #10
Sativahhh

sorry i dont know more about keys and more im jsut use fl studio and cool edit
Old 01-06-2011, 06:06 PM   #11
Professor Poopsnagle
Banned

I started learning piano last week and it really does make sampling easier.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #12
Sativahhh

thats cool!
u know where i can download the reason?
Old 01-06-2011, 06:10 PM   #13
Professor Poopsnagle
Banned

piratebay probably or just google torrent+reason
Old 01-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #14
Sativahhh

yeah i searched and all fakes
hehehe
Old 01-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #15
BLACK BART SIMPSON
Veteran Member

BLACK BART SIMPSON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)BLACK BART SIMPSON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)BLACK BART SIMPSON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)BLACK BART SIMPSON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)BLACK BART SIMPSON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)BLACK BART SIMPSON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)BLACK BART SIMPSON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)BLACK BART SIMPSON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)BLACK BART SIMPSON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)BLACK BART SIMPSON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)BLACK BART SIMPSON Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

werd im learning piano too jasp in school . . . it actually has helped as far as being more familiar with the music shit i juss needa stop fuckin around in the class nd take the oppurtunity to learn it. . after two years of that thinking about picking up the drums or guitar in addition to the piano . . music is not all just sounds nd shit sumtimes u juss gotta learn some ish aha . .

nd as far as making beats id say start with FL or something simple and then after awhile expand . . bcuz no sense in buying a whole bunch of a equipment it DOESNT make you a better producer over time ive started to realize it when i see ppl like justice league using FL studio, obviously they have other equipment but i think you get my point haha.
BLACK BART SIMPSON is offline   Reply With Quote