news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Lab > Audio Booth

Old 01-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #16
Sativahhh
رضيت بالله ربّاً وبلإسلام

Sativahhh iron monkeySativahhh iron monkeySativahhh iron monkey

wat is the better programs for sampling and beatmaking?
Sativahhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:59 PM   #17
pRoTeChTyAnEcK
funkmaster general

pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I don't think anybody is asserting that you should buy alot of equipment and it will certainly not make you a better producer, but there are options. Hardware is no more difficult to master than software. I'd say choose either one. It's all good in my book.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:00 PM   #18
DeeBlock
Veteran Member

DeeBlock prodigal sonDeeBlock prodigal sonDeeBlock prodigal sonDeeBlock prodigal sonDeeBlock prodigal sonDeeBlock prodigal son

Thanks
DeeBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:05 PM   #19
Sham-iLL
PRODIGAL SUN

Sham-iLL drunken mastaSham-iLL drunken masta

for software I have

Reason
Logic Studio Pro
and GarageBand

you should get a good keyboard though
Sham-iLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #20
KLIION JENSEN
PRODIGAL SUN

KLIION JENSEN drunken mastaKLIION JENSEN drunken mastaKLIION JENSEN drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sativahhh View Post
wat is the better programs for sampling and beatmaking?

Ableton Live !! yeah FL is good, i used it for 6 years, while every other fucker on this site dissed me for it saying its shit, now i notice everybody is endorsing it, Reason is just mad difficult, talk about thrown in at the deep end :/ i'm gonna endorse the fuck out of Ableton Live, if you cant make a beat on there you're retarded, infact no, even a retard could do it...
KLIION JENSEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #21
Professor Poopsnagle
Banned

Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Even Dre uses FL

Professor Poopsnagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #22
Sativahhh

cool profesor u upload the lpk25 video?
Old 01-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #23
Sinapse
Hip Hop aholic

Sinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Poopsnagle View Post
Even Dre uses FL
And clearly a bunch of other shit lol, looking at that set up I would guess he does his synth work using FL as a recorder/sequencer and prob still his drums on the mps...sampling I'm sure he prob does vidi Midi control as well, tho he may still do some on the mp, but I get the feeling that lot of big producers use midi/software for their synth and sampling work but still use the old gritty drum machines for drums.
Sinapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:46 AM   #24
Professor Poopsnagle
Banned

Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sativahhh View Post
cool profesor u upload the lpk25 video?
Not yet. Search Boon Doc on youtube and he'll show you something similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinapse View Post
And clearly a bunch of other shit lol, looking at that set up I would guess he does his synth work using FL as a recorder/sequencer and prob still his drums on the mps...sampling I'm sure he prob does vidi Midi control as well, tho he may still do some on the mp, but I get the feeling that lot of big producers use midi/software for their synth and sampling work but still use the old gritty drum machines for drums.
Hahaha, that picture is photoshopped.

Dre has musicians playing stuff for him to sample, so I've heard.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:48 AM   #25
KLIION JENSEN
PRODIGAL SUN

KLIION JENSEN drunken mastaKLIION JENSEN drunken mastaKLIION JENSEN drunken masta

Quote:
Dre has musicians playing stuff for him to sample, so I've heard.

this is true...
KLIION JENSEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:50 AM   #26
Sinapse
Hip Hop aholic

Sinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venomsSinapse five deadly venoms

Quote:
Hahaha, that picture is photoshopped.
lol, what part? the screen only?

yea i heard he has musicians too but his beats still seem to have lots of synths in them, maybe he just got sick of listening to records lol either that or he had listened to most of the records he could realistically dig, either way that would be optimal to have people playing exactly the kind of notes you want
Sinapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:53 AM   #27
Sativahhh

i wanna buya istrument for makr drum lines
Old 01-11-2011, 10:19 AM   #28
Professor Poopsnagle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinapse View Post
lol, what part? the screen only?

yea i heard he has musicians too but his beats still seem to have lots of synths in them, maybe he just got sick of listening to records lol either that or he had listened to most of the records he could realistically dig, either way that would be optimal to have people playing exactly the kind of notes you want
Yeah just the screen.

I think he has people just playing melodies for him and he uses the midi data on some serious VST's. Scott Storch who used to play keys for Dre said something about that in an interview.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #29
cutn' heads
mic fury

cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Even Dre uses FL

wow. thats the same midi controller i got... i feel special now