news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 01-09-2011, 11:05 AM   #1
GTAsoldier
mostInFAMou$e archViLLAiN

GTAsoldier shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to GTAsoldier
Default A New Reformation: Creation Spirituality and the Transformation of Christianity

I Just finished reading this book called A New Reformation: Creation Spirituality and the Transformation of Christianity by Panentheistic Christian theologian Matthew Fox (no not the actor). I have to say, it's a deep read. He goes in on the spirituality of Jesus Christ, St. Paul, early Christianity (pre-Constantine), and other Christian mystics and how the Roman Catholic Church has replaced this form of Christlike spirituality with institutionalism. This book was written around the time Cardinal Ratzinger became Pope Benedict XVI (the same Cardinal under the late Pope John Paul II who excommunicated Matthew Fox decades before). In addition, he posted his new 95 Theses (in honor of Martin Luther) for the current state of Christianity in itself to be transformed spiritually.

This work makes good references of:
  • the life, teachings, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ
  • the epistles of St. Paul
  • the mystic words of St. John of the Cross and St. Teresa of Avila
  • Martin Luther's original Reformation

and a bunch of other events.

I recommend this to anyone who seeks more spirituality rather than institutionalism in Christianity (and for non-Christians, I recommend this book in the hopes that this will give some insight as to what should change on a spiritual/religious level so that Christianity is not looked down upon again). My rating for this book = 4.5/5.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159..._UwEknb0030F8R

Here's an excerpt:

Quote:
Present-day Protestantism suffers from apathy, or what our ancestors called acedia, a lack of energy or a kind of spiritual sloth. Descriptors I would apply to today's Protestantism are: anemic, tired, boring, incurious, unadventurous, emasculated, compromising, confused, depressed ( a recent study found that about 80 percent of the pastors in one liberal branch of Protestantism are taking antidepressant drugs!), unmystical, lost, irrelevant, preoccupied with trivia, uninspired, one-dimensional, and burnt out. All the issues that these adjectives imply are in fact spiritual in nature. Protestantism often lacks a profound spirituality (the word spirituality was rarely in its theological vocabulary until very recently) and this lack is beginning to show. What has happened to the protest in Protestantism? What will it take to bring it back? Protestantism has a proud and profound intellectual heritage, yet it is allowing itself to be mowed over by anti-intellectual fundamentalism, which has hijacked Jesus, Christ, and Christianity as a whole.

"Yes, at this time in history Protestantism, like Catholicism, needs a radical overhaul a New Reformation and new transformation. Both need to move
from religion to spirituality.
Also, here's a news article on Matthew Fox regarding his posting of his 95 Theses.

http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/16109.htm

P.E.A.C.E. and Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
God wrote the code for math, physics, science, etc. Just because a few people figure out some of God's building blocks they want to think that THEY are GOD and that GOD doesn't exist anymore. What a bunch of bullocks. Science is good but when you become so fascinated with science that you forget your creator, you've pissed everything away.
GTAsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote