news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Lab > Audio Booth > Audio Tips & Tricks

Old 01-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
Undiluted Karma
Savant

Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Some FL Studio 9 help

just started using it yesterday

just started messing with FPC Drum Pad vst .

I dont have a midi drum pad so i have to use the drums via the Piano Roll.

I'm wondering how i can have it set up so i click on the FPC drum pad and the corresponding sound automatically appears in the Piano Roll instead of having to click the piano roll.

Thanks
Old 01-14-2011, 11:39 AM   #2
Professor Poopsnagle
Banned

Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

You need to record while playing the drums.
Professor Poopsnagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
Undiluted Karma
Savant

Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Thanks
Old 01-14-2011, 01:48 PM   #4
pRoTeChTyAnEcK
funkmaster general

pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undiluted Karma View Post
just started using it yesterday

just started messing with FPC Drum Pad vst .

I dont have a midi drum pad so i have to use the drums via the Piano Roll.

I'm wondering how i can have it set up so i click on the FPC drum pad and the corresponding sound automatically appears in the Piano Roll instead of having to click the piano roll.

Thanks
As far as I have come to understand...you can't record samples by clicking the fpc pads. They are however, matched up to random letters on your keyboard if that is all u got.

Here is a small video I made on how to record from the FPC just using the computer keyboard. Usually I smash out keys on the sequencer real quick, but I tried including a few details you might find helpful maybe.

Last edited by pRoTeChTyAnEcK; 01-14-2011 at 01:51 PM.
pRoTeChTyAnEcK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:49 PM   #5
5hundred&one
Groovallegiance

5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

click options>audio settings and fuck with the buffer length to get a better real-time recording. set it high and you get a big lag, set it low you get less, but if you set it too low you'll get a lot of underruns which is basically the sound clipping out.

if you have a badass sound card this is pretty much irrelevant, but most ppl don't so...

you can also get around the buffer problem by quantizing, but a lot of purists (aka gays) are against this. hit Alt+Q in the piano roll to fuck with that.
5hundred&one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #6
Undiluted Karma
Savant

Much appreciated Protechyaneck you taking the time out to do a vid

@juice thanks for the info. yh im at home and the pc sucks back at college my soundcard is really good and the pc can deal with high processing requirements so i guess im okay in that dpt.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:48 PM   #7
Undiluted Karma
Savant

Just wondering, what drum packs or vst's u guys use? Obv if u use Reason this doesn't apply, I just find the supplied presets ive heard on FL unsatisfactory and the same applies for the ones I've dl'ed.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #8
pRoTeChTyAnEcK
funkmaster general

pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I download drum kits and sample breaks. Go to general-search.com and search "drum kits" for a bunch of stuff. As long as the samples are in wav format, you can use them for just about any software fyi.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #9
Undiluted Karma
Savant

^ thanks man.

yeah i realised after that i forgot to explicitly refer to vsts when on about reason.

i might get one of those MPD's soon too.

thanks man
Old 05-17-2011, 05:29 AM   #10
canibus

canibus grasshopper

you can get dope .wav sound kits and some alright vsts at www.beatproduction.net

as far as the the fl mpc you need to use the piano roll or just record while hitting the drums.
canibus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:01 PM   #11
Nuttkase
CHICKEN HEAD

Nuttkase shaolin masta killaNuttkase shaolin masta killaNuttkase shaolin masta killaNuttkase shaolin masta killaNuttkase shaolin masta killaNuttkase shaolin masta killaNuttkase shaolin masta killa

canibus O_O

muzzik page - http://www.facebook.com/nuttkasemusic
Nuttkase is offline   Reply With Quote