news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 01-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
pyrex visionist
PRODIGAL SUN

pyrex visionist shaolin masta killapyrex visionist shaolin masta killapyrex visionist shaolin masta killapyrex visionist shaolin masta killapyrex visionist shaolin masta killapyrex visionist shaolin masta killapyrex visionist shaolin masta killa
Default GZA and OFWGKTA (Odd Future)

i've been checking some articles about OFWGKTA (http://oddfuture.tumblr.com/) and i've come across this:

...They are tough enough to be on the Wu-Tang Clan's radar (GZA is a fan), though their beats, dense enough to crush bone matter, are engineered by a girl- Syd, Odd Future's only female, who is arrestingly beautiful in a no-makeup-and'hoodie kind of way.... (http://www.faqs.org/periodicals/201010/2193424561.html)

...They're also quick to eschew comparisons to acts like Wu-Tang Clan (whose GZA has already declared himself a fan) or forgotten hip-hop micro-genres like horrorcore, in a “whatever they say I am, that's what I'm not” kind of way....
(http://www.theartsdesk.com/index.php...gton&Itemid=30)

i've done some research and found out that gza actually made some odd future related retweets + wanted tyler to follow him on twitter so that he could get at him - possible tyler the creator and gza collabo? damn, that would be great).

this is actually one of the best wu tang related moves recently. and coming that from gza was really unexpected.
odd future came out unexpectedly, they got their own style and that's exactly how wu looked like back in the days...

oh, and FREE EARL!

Last edited by pyrex visionist; 01-14-2011 at 03:33 PM.
pyrex visionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:35 PM   #2
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah... "Unexpected" is probably the best word to describe this..

But word, some sort of collab would be really interesting, haven't heard to much of OFWGKTA, but Earl Swearshirt's Earl and Tyler's Bastard are both great albums.. Don't really have a lot of expectations for the rest of the group, but I'll hold my judgement untill I listen to full projects.
-Archetype

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:06 PM   #3
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

unexpected my ass, i could see this coming a mile away

heres the scenario... gza feels like an old faggit for dissing soulja boy and realizes soulja boy is actually >>> gza and now gza feels like a faggit so he feels the need to co sign these new up and coming cats even though he may not necessarily be a fan of their raps he wants the younger generation to know he fucks wit young rappers (which he probably doesnt, mind u)
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:21 AM   #4
pyrex visionist
PRODIGAL SUN

pyrex visionist shaolin masta killapyrex visionist shaolin masta killapyrex visionist shaolin masta killapyrex visionist shaolin masta killapyrex visionist shaolin masta killapyrex visionist shaolin masta killapyrex visionist shaolin masta killa

according to philaflava forum (http://philaflava.com/forum/viewtopi...c7fabb8928b34e), gza even posted this -
@fucktyler you are on your game!! Odd Future is the truth.

but this tweet was later deleted.

someone should hit tyler and/or gza so that we know if something is in the making.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:33 AM   #5
SL33
Hungry Hyena From Medina

SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Earl is great considering he's only 16 y old.

SL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:14 AM   #6
pyrex visionist
PRODIGAL SUN

via oddfuture myspace:

Old 01-15-2011, 11:14 AM   #7
LEGENDARYSTATUS33
Son of the Egyptian Blood

LEGENDARYSTATUS33 grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to LEGENDARYSTATUS33

got my tickets to see OFWGKTA in NYC in Feb.
LEGENDARYSTATUS33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:44 AM   #8
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

just stopping in to call gza a faggit

soulja boy > gza

ofwgkta > gza

50 cent > gza

gza is irrelevant in 2011..someone tell grampa to kick rocks
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #9
dad
PRODIGAL SUN

dad Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)dad Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)dad Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)dad Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)dad Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)dad Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)dad Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)dad Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)dad Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)dad Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)dad Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALCATRAZ View Post

soulja boy > gza

ofwgkta > gza

50 cent > gza

dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #10
P._Rakeem_Addict

P._Rakeem_Addict grasshopper

@ALCATRAZ: Damn son you askin for a digital beat down with words like that on here...

BTW you're insane and you know nothing about rap.
P._Rakeem_Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:19 PM   #11
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

never heard of this crew...

*strokes chin*
interesting........
Old 01-15-2011, 12:30 PM   #12
Undiluted Karma
Savant

Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALCATRAZ View Post

soulja boy > gza

ofwgkta > gza

50 cent > gza

Old 01-15-2011, 12:31 PM   #13
Taskmaster2112
PRODIGAL SUN

Taskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killaTaskmaster2112 shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by the silencer View Post

*strokes chin*
interesting........
check out Tyler, The Creator's "Bastard" album and Earl Sweatshirt's "Earl" album. both of those albums are great. the rest of the Odd Future stuff is pretty hit or miss.
Taskmaster2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #14
pyrex visionist
PRODIGAL SUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by the silencer View Post
*strokes chin*
interesting........
OFWGKTA are:

just like Taskmaster2112 said, you should first check out earl's and tyler's (tyler is earl's older brother and is carrying production on most of their works) debut albums (can't wait for their collabo earlwolf project). what i's also suggest is odd future radical mixtape. after that i'd continue with mellowhype (yellowhite album). you can download all their albums for free on their tumblr page.

earl - http://oddfuture.tumblr.com/post/486...weatshirt-earl
bastard - http://oddfuture.tumblr.com/post/408...reator-bastard

some appetizers:

Last edited by pyrex visionist; 01-15-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #15
5hundred&one
Groovallegiance

5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^they put out like 30 mixtapes last year, of course it's hit or miss.

OF is the truth, they got some real talent over there for everybody bein like 16-19 years old
5hundred&one is offline   Reply With Quote