news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 03-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #1
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Are we being "Virtualized"?

Are we, as westerners, begeninning to prefer virtualizations, rather than the real thing?

Idk when this started exactly, but it came out as a pandemic when text messaging took off in the late 90's early 2000's. Texting has quickly become more preferable to the real act of speaking.

But now I think its grown 1000x to nearly all things that humans do, in the future, will be virtualizations, to keep us from enjoying real things. We actually build up a taste, acquired, for the video virtualization. We dont need to go trekking in some national park to see natural beauty, when I can sit in comfort at home and watch this awesom Nature program on my 42in sony plasma surround sound. Im basically there, anyway right?

A study came out last week,talking about the poor fidelity and quality MP3 music has, in comparison to the fuller cleaner sounds of vinyl and CD's, BUT that said that young people are beginning very quickly to actually prefferring the tinnier more grainy sound of an MP3, to the older natural rich sound of a vinyl record. People used to be "comforted" by the sound of the needle in the dusty record groove. Now new generations are put off by that.

Thats slightly off topic but its just showing how we can easily be manipulated over time to accept something that was not as good as the original.

Ipods
Iphones
Internet
Phones/blackberrys
Home theaters
ESPN
HD
Movies
Computer Gaming
Twitter
Blogging
DVD players
LCD TV's
Cable TV

etc all things that are taking over our lives, leaving zero time for a life in the natural world.

mans connection to nature is strong. man must be weaned away from this deep bond, so that the powers that be can go ahead with their raping of the land, without too much trouble. we are being tunneled. We are being flooded with electronics that are taking us away from who we really are, naturally.

Why?

"We are borrowing our planet from our children."

What are we leaving them?
Old 03-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #2
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

mp3s do not have grainy sound

i think u answered your own question in your post

diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #3
EAGLE EYE
Super Moderator

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggy View Post

I read the same study he's talking about. Mp3's do have a grainy sound which is due to the compression algorithm for that format.

Listen to a song encoded in .flac then listen to the same song encoded in mp3.You will notice a huge difference, but will need high-end speakers or ear phones.

Also buy some Q-tips lil man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
You'll cowards dont even drink cock liquor.
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:24 PM   #4
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slang Gargoyle View Post
I read the same study he's talking about. Mp3's do have a grainy sound which is due to the compression algorithm for that format.

Listen to a song encoded in .flac then listen to the same song encoded in mp3.You will notice a huge difference, but will need high-end speakers or ear phones.

.flac?

whatever, man

prove your point by posting the same tracks in different formats, THEN i would agree

btw, q-tips are not meant to be used to clean the inner ear!

diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:37 PM   #5
EAGLE EYE
Super Moderator

Quote:
.flac?

whatever, man

prove your point by posting the same tracks in different formats, THEN i would agree

btw, q-tips are not meant to be used to clean the inner ear!

I don't need to waste my time uploading tracks when I'm right.

Quote:
Old 03-08-2009, 10:56 PM   #6
PALEHORSE
The ABBOTT

PALEHORSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEHORSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEHORSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEHORSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEHORSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEHORSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEHORSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEHORSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEHORSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEHORSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PALEHORSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

diggys right abou the qtips
and get the fuck out of ktl if your not gonna construct

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Food For Thought, i don't even pay you any attention because i know you're a retard.
PALEHORSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:09 PM   #7
EAGLE EYE
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse View Post

Quote:
Old 03-08-2009, 11:23 PM   #8
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slang Gargoyle View Post

slang is right on that. but although its supposed to be that way, most people can realistically not tell a huge difference. the sound quality is no where near poor. its good. just not as good as it possibly could be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse View Post

come on guys. ktl is for conspiracy theories only. leave the rest of the stuff to the other chambers.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:29 PM   #9
EAGLE EYE
Super Moderator

I used to have a couple albums encoded in .flac and they sounded great when played through quality speakers. Other wise I just rip or download all my cds at 320Kbps which is good enough.

Sound quality is a hard topic for Wu Tang Fans to digest when they've spent their entire life listening to dusty gritty drums.

Quote:
Old 03-08-2009, 11:39 PM   #10
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

LAMO!

i agree with ghostlace with the texting. ppl have almost become avoidant of acutally talking on the phone.

talking is to phones what emails are to internet. You only do it if it's important now, and it feels like a drag for some reason
Old 03-09-2009, 05:10 AM   #11
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

It's unavoidable, so get used to it.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:15 AM   #12
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I was actually thinking, if we are surrounded by exclusively obese, stupid (STUPID) and connected-to-internet couch potatoes, without ever realizing that there is something else, would we ever feel bad as if we're missing something? Probably not. In that case is going "virtualized" and deprived of senses a bad thing at all?
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:27 AM   #13
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
LAMO!

i agree with ghostlace with the texting. ppl have almost become avoidant of acutally talking on the phone.

talking is to phones what emails are to internet. You only do it if it's important now, and it feels like a drag for some reason

you mean talking on the phone is like sending an actual letter.

because email is more than alive and kicking. and sending letters are really only done if needs to be done, for the most.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:56 PM   #14
Dirty Knowledge
I Already Won

Dirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venomsDirty Knowledge five deadly venoms

I notice that a loooot of people on the internet are also in to phone sex/cyber sex.
So to go one step further, even some peoples' SEX LIVES are being virtualized.
On top of all the other things you listed.
So yeah I do believe it.
I mean computers (and shady politicians) run the fucking planet.

^ KYLE WILLIAMS POOPS THE BED ^
Dirty Knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:15 PM   #15
whitey
Wu Vatican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
I notice that a loooot of people on the internet are also in to phone sex/cyber sex.
So to go one step further, even some peoples' SEX LIVES are being virtualized.

On top of all the other things you listed.
So yeah I do believe it.
I mean computers (and shady politicians) run the fucking planet.

those are just the herbs that weren't getting any pussy in the first place.