news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 01-27-2011, 03:12 PM   #31
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Starting The Cases From 1900 Onwards

Quote:
10-28-1902

Zoologist, 4-7-38--that, according to the log of the steamship Fort Salisbury, the second officer, Mr. A. H. Raymer, had, Oct. 28, 1902, in Lat. 5° 31' S., and Long. 4° 42' W., been called, at 3:05 A.M., by the lookout, who reported that there was a huge, dark object bearing lights in the sea ahead. Two lights were seen. The steamship passed a slowly sinking bulk of an estimated length of five or six hundred feet. Mechanism of some kind---fins, the observers thought---was making a commotion in the water. "A scaled back" was slowly submerging.

One thinks that seeing for such details as "a scaled back" could not have been very good at three o'clock in the morning. So doubly damned is this datum that the attempt to explain it was in terms of the accursed Sea Serpent.

Phosphorescence of the water is mentioned several times, but that seems to have nothing to do with two definite lights, like those of a vessel. The Captain of the Fort Salisbury was interviewed. "I can only say that he (Mr. Raymer) is very earnest on the subject, and has, together with the lookout and helmsman, seen something in the water of a huge nature, as specified."

One thinks that this object may have been a large, terrestrial vessel that had been abandoned and was sinking.

Quote:
02-28-1904
For the complete write-up of this case, with the original documents, please see Dr. Bruce Maccabee’s web site at: http://brumac.8k.com/RemarkableMeteors/Remarkable.html

Monthly Weather Review, March 1904-115:

Report from the observations of three members of his crew by Lieut. Frank H. Schofield, U. S. N., of the U. S. S. Supply:

Feb. 24, 1904. Three luminous objects, of different sizes, the largest having an apparent area of about six suns. When first sighted, they were not very high. They were below clouds of an estimated height of about one mile. They fled, or they evaded, or they turned. They went up into the clouds below which they had, at first, been sighted. Their unison of movement.

But they were of different sizes and of different susceptibilities to all forces of this earth and of the air.

This reference: The Complete Books of Charles Fort, p. 298, © 1974 from the original The Book of the Damned by Charles Fort, © 1919.

ALSO

1904: Circular UFOs Maneuvered Near Ship

One of the earliest formation cases was reported February 28, 1904, by a ship in the North Pacific off San Francisco. Three members of the crew of the USS Supply, at 6:10 a.m. local time, sighted an echelon formation of three "remarkable meteors" which appeared near the horizon below clouds, moving directly toward the ship. As they approached, the UFOs began soaring, rose above the cloud layer, and were observed climbing into space, still in echelon. The lead object was egg-shaped and about the size of six suns (about 3 degrees of arc). The other two were smaller and appeared to be perfectly round. They remained visible for over two minutes. [7] (Meteors, of course, do not travel in echelon formation, change course and climb, nor remain visible for two minutes).

Quote:
07-28-1904

Note: This case was originally shown as 1908 based on a New York City news clip.-CF-

ELECTRIC CLOUD ENVELOPED SHIP

Caused Mohicans’s Sailors to Become like Animated Magnets

Compass Was Set A-Spinning and Iron Chains Could Not Be Lifted From the Deck

When the British steamer Mohican, from Ibraila, Roumania, which reached this port on Saturday, was making for the Delaware Breakwater, it had a most remarkable experience which terrorized the crew, played havoc with the ship’s compass and brought the vessel to a standstill for nearly a half hour.

For that length of time the vessel was enshrouded in a strange metallic vapor, which glowed like phosphorus. The entire vessel looked as if it were afire and the sailors flitted about the deck like glowing phantoms. The cloud had a strange magnetic effect on the vessel, for the needle of the compass revolved with the speed of an electric motor and the sailors were unable to raise pieces of steel from the magnetized decks. Captain Urquhart described the thrilling experience and his story is vouched for by every man of the crew.

"It was shortly after the sun had gone,” he said, "and we were in latitude 37 degrees 16 minutes and longitude 72 degrees 48 minutes. The sea was almost as level as a parlor carpet and scarcely a breeze ruffled the water. It was slowly growing dark when the lookout saw a strange gray cloud in the southeast. At first it appeared as a speck on the horizon, but it rapidly came nearer and was soon as large as [a] balloon.”

Ship in Shining Cloud

"It had a peculiar gray tinge, and as it bore down upon us, we saw bright glowing spots in its mass. A mile away we perceived that it rose several hundred feet above the level of the sea and was almost that broad. It rolled over the sea toward us, the glowing spots becoming more and more vivid. Suddenly the cloud enveloped the ship, and the most remarkable phenomena took place. The Mohican suddenly blazed forth like a ship on fire, and from stem to stern and topmast to keel everything was tinged with the strange glow. The seamen were in terror when they found themselves looking as if they had been immersed in hell fire. Their hair stood straight on end, not from the fright so much as from the magnetic power of the cloud.

"They rushed about the deck in consternation, and the more they rushed about, the more excited they became. I tried to calm them, but the situation was beyond me. I looked at the needle and it was flying around like an electric fan. I ordered several of the crew to move some iron chains that were lying on the deck, thinking that it would distract their attention. But what was the surprise to find that the sailors could not budge the chains, although they did not weigh more than seventy five pounds each. Everything was magnetized, and chains, bolts, spikes and bars were as tight on the deck as if they had been riveted there.”

Hair on Heads Stood Out

"The cloud was so dense that it was impossible for the vessel to proceed. I could not see beyond the decks, and it appeared as if the whole world was a mass of glowing fire. The frightened sailors fell on the decks and prayed. I never saw anything so terrifying in the years I have been at sea. The hair on our heads and in our beards stuck out like bristles on a pig. After we had been in the cloud for about ten minutes, we noticed that it became difficult to move our arms and legs, in fact, all the joints of the body seemed to stiffen.

"Then it was that my sea legs began to fail me for the first time. I've heard of phantom ships and stories about the needle running wild, but shiver me if I had ever seen the like of that. For a half hour we were enveloped in that mysterious vapor. And for nearly all that time, after the sailors' first cries of fright had subsided, there was a great silence over everything that only added to the terror. I tried to talk, but the words refused to leave my lips. The density of the cloud was so great that it would not carry sound.

"Suddenly the cloud began to lift. The phosphorescent glow of the ship and the crew began to fade. It gradually died away and, at the same time, the stiffness left the hair. In a few minutes the cloud had passed over the vessel and we saw it moving off over the sea. It loomed above the water as a great, gray mass, spotted like a leopard's back with the bright, glowing patches.

"The crew gradually regained their composure and whispered to one another. I went among them, telling that all danger was past and they slowly went about their work. When I ordered them to move the iron chains for the second time, the men had no trouble in lifting them from the deck and tossing them about. Then I took a look at the needle and it was pointing steadily toward the north, as it (sic – if) nothing had occurred. I have sailed the seas for many years, but I never encountered a cloud like that. It must have been composed of some magnetized substance, which at the same time was combined with phosphorus.”

Quote:
06-02-1906

Extract from a letter from Mr. Douglas Carnegie, Blackheath, England. Date sometime in 1906—

"This last voyage we witnessed a weird and most extraordinary electric display." In the Gulf of Oman, he saw a bank of apparently quiescent phosphorescence: but, when within twenty yards of it, "shafts of brilliant light came sweeping across the ship's bows at a prodigious speed, which might be put down as anything between 60 and 200 miles an hour. These light bars were about 20 feet apart and most regular." As to phosphorescence--"I collected a bucketful of water and examined it under the microscope, but could not detect anything abnormal." That the shafts of light came up from something beneath the surface---"They first struck us on our broadside, and I noticed that an intervening ship had no effect on the light beams: they started away from the lee side of the ship, just as if they had traveled right through it.”

The Gulf of Oman is at the entrance to the Persian Gulf.

Quote:
03-14-1907

Extract from a letter by Mr. S. C. Patterson, second officer of the P. and O. steamship Delta: a spectacle which the Journal continues to call phosphorescent:

Malacca Strait, 2 A.M., March 14, 1907:

"... shafts which seemed to move round a center--like the spokes of a wheel--and appeared to be about 300 yards long." The phenomenon lasted about half an hour, during which time the ship had traveled six or seven miles. It stopped suddenly."

Quote:
01-03-1908

STRANGE LIGHTS IN NORTH MAY BE SIGNALS TO EARTH

Nome Residents Witness an Inexplicable Phenomenon January 3

A strange light at sea, far out over the vast expanses of frozen ice, was visible to the residents of Nome, January 3. The officers at Fort Davis, who had a clear view out over the ice, report that the light was visible for intervals of fifteen minutes and that it changed color constantly from red to white and green.

Viewed through marine glasses, the light appeared too high to belong to a ship, and it was stated from the wireless station at Port Safety that from its position on the horizon, it might possibly “be some signal from nearby planets through intersiderial (sic) space to the inhabitants of the earth.”

Olympia Seeing Lights, Too.

OLYMPIA, Feb. 28– (Special) – Farmers in the vicinity of Mud Bay, a few miles west of Olympia, report the seeing of a large light in the western skies in the evening, supposed to be an airship.

Those who have seen the light say it is not a star as it is too near the earth and that it is too large to be a lantern hanging from the tail of a kite.

3-12-1908

Quote:
Monster Was ‘All Lit Up’

“March 27. – At 8 p.m. Thursday, March 12, latitude 22.06 north, longitude 72.21 west. One-half mile off starboard bow sighted strange marine monster. It approached and followed ship all night. Friday at 9 a.m. monster crossed our bows. Passengers in a panic. Reduced speed to five knots.” – Extract from the log of the Admiral Farragut.

Sitting in the doorway of his cabin, collarless and in his shirt sleeves, Captain Mader of the fruit steamer Admiral Farragut, which arrived recently from Port Antonio [Jamaica], told the story.

“We picked the sea serpent up – or rather the monster picked us up – late one night,” said he. “I was on the bridge when one of the passengers, an elderly man, rushed up and excitedly called my attention to a phosphorescent light several miles astern. At first I thought it was a new submarine boat. As it came nearer we played the searchlight on it and could see that it was some strange sea monster.

“It seemed about 120 feet long and threshed its way through the rough sea at a fearful speed. All night long it followed the vessel and during that time most of the passengers and crew remained on deck. The phosphorescent glow of the monster lighted up the sea within a radius of fifty feet. What a “fearful speed” might be is unknown to me, but I would assume that it might be faster, at least, than the speed of the ship. The fact that the sea was lit up to a radius of 50 feet indicates that either the plankton were disturbed beyond the “sea serpent” by some means or that it possessed an extremely bright, artificial light source.

“On the next morning about breakfast time, the serpent swam within thirty feet of the starboard side. The creature resembled a huge boa constrictor, with the exception that its body was green. From its side streamed seaweed and other marine growth. Green is a color commonly found in water UFO cases. The snake-like movements of the object could be attributed to a cylindrical object with the water’s movement distorting its shape into that of a snake.

“The monster raised its head several feet above the water. It had huge eyes projecting from the top of its head and two green horns that projected upward nearly five feet. The horns resembled large antennae and moved about continually. Five foot horns that resemble antennae are one thing, but to have them “moved about continually” seems more like a mechanical operation.

“Three times the serpent crossed our bows and fearing to run it down, I signaled the engineer to reduce speed to five knots an hour.

“Some of the persons on board thought the monster was hungry, and we threw over several sacks of peanuts and a few bunches of bananas. When we arrived off Cape Hatteras late that day the monster circled around and swam south.”

1909 Another From The Bermuda Triangle

Quote:
06-10-1909

(Possible date error. See “Note” below regarding 06-19-1909) -CF-

Other seamen who saw the sea light up were aboard the Danish S.S. Bintang steaming through the straits of Malacca between Malaya and Sumatra. Normally the passage here was quiet and uneventful, but on the still, tropical night of June 10, 1909, Captain Gave (sic – Gabe) was obliged to write an unusual entry in the ship's log. His account was published by the Danish Meteorological Institute, a society that printed only well-documented information.

The trip had been routine and no other ships were expected along the course. So, when the captain heard the lookout call: "Lights on the starboard bow, sir!" Gave (sic – Gabe) moved to the front of the bridge. The charts showed no lighthouses or buoys in the area. The captain leaned over the forward rail and was astonished to see a long beam of light sweeping the sea—revolving spokes of a great wheel.

The sweeping beams came closer and closer until, in a few minutes, the captain and crew saw a bright, round hub in the far distance on the horizon. The long beams radiated from this spot, revolving silently and steadily across the water toward the Bintang. The dumbfounded crew stared, amazed, at a light source so huge that only half of it could be seen below the horizon.

The light beams sank lower and lower in the water as they neared the ship. Then they dimmed gradually and, within 15 minutes, disappeared when they were dead ahead of the vessel, leaving the Straits of Malacca once more black and empty. Later that night, Captain Gave (sic – Gabe) wrote in the Bintang's log:" [It was]. . . a vast, revolving wheel of light, flat upon the water, long arms issued from a center around which the whole system appeared to rotate."

In truth, the light "wheels" are not wheel shaped at all; rather, they are rimless. A diffuse "hub" with spokes that rotate or whirl about the center in wide sweeps, just below the surface of the water. The shape more accurately resembles the sunburst design of the Japanese naval flag with spokes radiating from the center. They may turn clockwise or counter-clockwise; two may be rotating in opposite directions, then one may dim almost to the point of vanishing, then brighten, having reversed its rotation.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #32
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Shag Harbour UFO Incident

Even most people who don’t believe in UFO’s, are confused by the case of the mysterious Shag Harbor incident. In October of 1967, an unidentified object crashed into the Nova Scotia harbor, which is officially the most mysterious harbor in the world. The object destroyed several boats and upset the local tide patterns. Despite a several month long investigation by various government agencies, no one has any idea as to what the object might have been.

This case is remarkable because it’s one of the few times that government officials formally admitted that an unidentified flying object was involved. The Canadian government stated this after all other possibilities were exhausted: the object that crashed was not a plane or a meteorite of any sort and since no wreck was ever discovered we can’t know more details about it. Canadians are, of course, known for “telling it like it is”, albeit as politely as possible.

Several of the witnesses to the crash included military personnel who declared that the object was an alien spacecraft like nothing they have seen before. A driver involved in an attempted recovery went as far as identifying the U.S. military as being responsible for the whole rescue mission, because they were interested in learning about alien life. Officially the case was only investigated by the Canadian government with the help of the U.S. Condon Committee UFO study, who didn’t offer any explanation aside from the official statement. Americans are, of course, known for “telling you to mind your own f***ing business”

Old 01-27-2011, 03:15 PM   #33
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Lake Baikal
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=38721

Late in April 2009, astronauts aboard the International Space Station observed a strange circular area of thinned ice in the southern end of Lake Baikal in southern Siberia. Siberia is remote and cold; ice cover can persist into June. The upper image, a detailed astronaut photograph, shows a circle of thin ice (dark in color, with a diameter of about 4.4 kilometers); this is the focal point for ice break up in the very southern end of the lake. A sequence of MODIS images indicates that the feature was first visible on April 5, 2009.

Baikal contained another, very similar circle near the center of the lake above a submarine ridge that bisects the lake (ice circles are indicated by arrows in the lower MODIS image from April 20). Both circles are visible through April 20, 2009. Clouds cover the center of the lake until April 24, at which point the circular patch of thin ice was becoming a hole of open water. Similar circular ice patterns—although not nearly as distinct—have been documented in the same central area of the lake in April 1994 (during the STS-59 Shuttle mission) and in 1985 (during the STS-51B Shuttle mission).

While the origin of the circles is unknown, the peculiar pattern suggests convection (upwelling) in the lake’s water column. Ice cover changes rapidly at this time of year. Within a day, the ice can melt almost completely and freeze again overnight. Throughout April, the circles are persistent: they appear when ice cover forms, and then disappear as ice melts. The pattern and appearance suggest that the ice is quite thin. The features were last observed in MODIS images on April 27, 2009.

What can cause convection, bringing warmer waters to the surface? Hydrothermal activity and high heat flow have been observed in other parts of the lake, but the location of this circle near the southern tip, over relatively deep water, is puzzling.

Lake Baikal is unique in many regards. It is the largest (by volume) and deepest (1,637 meters at the deepest point) fresh water lake on Earth. It is also one of the world’s oldest lakes (25-30 million years old); sediment deposited on the bottom is up to 7 kilometers deep. The lake’s long, thin, and deep shape results from its location in the Baikal Rift Valley.

As a United Nations World Heritage Site, Lake Baikal is considered one of Russia’s environmental jewels. It is home to an amazing array of plants and animals, many of them unique to the ecosystem. The lake’s biodiversity includes fresh water seals and several species of fish that are not found elsewhere on Earth.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:18 PM   #34
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

A 3-D radar image, using false colour, of the undersea river channel where it enters the Black Sea from the Bosphorus Strait. Photo: University of Leeds

QUOTE;
"Scientists have discovered massive undersea rivers flowing along the bottom of the world's oceans."

"The discovery revealed currents of water 350 times greater than the River Thomas flowing along the bottom of the Black Sea, carving out channels in a similar way to conventional rivers flowing on land."

"The discovery could help explain how life manages to survive in the deep ocean far out to sea away from the nutrient rich waters that are found close to land, as the rivers carry sediment and nutrients with them".

Thought i would add this new information here as i think it could have some relation to maybe one of the reasons that possible USOs are checking out possible ecosystems ect.

Its amazing all the things that we still dont know about the ocean.Things like this could explain a lot of unsolved history about the world and how it works. The upsides to a discovery like this are endless ,it could advance medicine, biology, changing environments and ecosystems, the implications are amazing.
Amazing stuff, waterfalls and rapids underwater?? These are crazy physics.Just imagine the life that could be living there!?

In the depths of the Gulf of Mexico, and elsewhere, there are what has been called "Cold Seeps" which are literally underwater "lakes" of a briny (highly salty) water, heavier than the water we normally consider "the ocean."

These seeps have also been observed to coincide with the presence of vast fields of methane rich sea bed substrate where unique life-forms exist - most of which are independent of solar energy entirely. These "rivers" seem quite similar.

They found a river of highly salty water flowing along the deep channel at the bottom of the Black Sea, creating river banks and flood plains much like a river found on land.

quote;
Dr Dan Parsons, from the university's school of earth and environment, said: "The water in the channels is denser than the surrounding seawater because it has higher salinity and is carrying so much sediment.

"It flows down the sea shelf and out into the abyssal plain much like a river on land. The abyssal plains of our oceans are like the deserts of the marine world, but these channels can deliver nutrients and ingredients needed for life out over these deserts.

"This means they could be vitally important, like arteries providing life to the deep"
Old 01-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #35
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

I am including the following reports because the question that should be raised is what the US/UK Navy/military might or might not do with this stuff.Are the military intelligences treating these USO reports the same way as land based UFOsThese reports from these links are worth reading i feel.

quote;
"He reported a light coming out of the sea (from Newport) going over the airfield and being obscured from vision by going behind the overhaul and repair building. Now I had two sightings and although about two hours had elapsed, I awoke the Chief on duty and reported the U.F.O. sightings. The Chief was incredulous and wouldn’t be a party to such a report. I insisted that I enter it in the log for that watch, but the Chief and by now the duty officer were adamant that they weren’t going to be laughed out of the Navy,"

source; http://www.waterufo.net/item.php?id=925

quote;
"At approximately 2030 hours on 10 May, in the city of Paphos, southwest Cyprus, a group of persons, including a noted British scientist, sighted an unidentified object which appeared to rise sharply from the level of the sea and disappeared into the sky. The object appeared to the observers to be of a circular shape and emitted a luminous light. It appeared to waver back and forth for a brief interval before fading out of sight directly overhead. At the time of the incident, the sky was clear and there was no air traffic in the vicinity of Cyprus".

source; http://www.waterufo.net/item.php?id=719

Some excerpts from this long report:
quote;
Suddenly one of these objects appeared at close range on our port bow at a low elevation. It was disc-shaped and consisted of a very bright light with black windows running around the whole side which was visible to us. It maintained perfect station on us for at least fifteen minutes. I scanned the object with binoculars attempting to see into the windows but saw nothing. I counted the windows and recall there were about two dozen. They were very large and close together and completely black.
Canadian Destroyer H.M.C.S. Iroquois

Canadian Naval Officer Has Close Encounter in Hawaiian Waters

As reported to Gavin McLeod

Witness: George R. MacFarlane, Commander Royal Canadian Navy, Retired

This is an account of a sighting of flying saucers that I saw when travelling from Pearl Harbour, Hawaii to Guam in the Canadian Destroyer H.M.C.S. Iroquois in May 1952.

source; http://www.waterufo.net/item.php?id=1126

quote;
An undated letter was received by Mr. Grusinski from William H. "Boots" Pierce, Cdr., USN (Ret.), which read in part, "Unfortunately though, I had debarked from ROOSEVELT by 1958 and was instructing at Pensacola. I did not make the cruise mentioned in your letter, but I did hear about the sighting at Gitmo. In fact, FDR's log will show a UFO sighting during 1953 when we took her to the Med [Mediterranean-CF-], both a visual sighting from the bridge and on CIC's radars. It was an interesting thing of which I was a part."

source; http://www.waterufo.net/item.php?id=1078

quote;
A CIA report on a North African press story read: "According to statements by several persons, a round, luminous, yellow-orange [object?] appeared in the sky over Algiers at 1525 hours on 27 January 1954; it was moving in the direction of Cap Matifou. The object grew larger until it was two or three times the size of the Sun; then it diminished in size and disappeared on the horizon, sinking, seemingly, into the sea."

source; http://www.waterufo.net/item.php?id=99

quote;
#057 DEFENSE NUCLEAR AGENCY docm# DNA 6035F: Castle Series Nuclear Weapons Tests. pp. 64+274+341 c/o Daniel Wilson, 15 Parkview Dr., Painesville, OH 44077 In this incident an unidentified, luminous object passed low and fast over the ship from bow to stern.

source; http://www.waterufo.net/item.php?id=1080

More Water Related UFO/USO Evidence;

Old 01-27-2011, 03:22 PM   #36
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Pentagon plans 'flying submarine'

Pentagon researchers are attempting to develop a military vehicle which can travel underwater like a submarine before bursting out of the waves and flying like an aeroplane.

By Tom Chivers
Published: 1:50PM BST 05 Jul 2010

The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), the US military science and technology department, has set about creating an aircraft that can fly low over the water until near its target before disappearing under the sea to avoid detection.

It would then creep closer in submarine form before attacking its target, probably a ship or coastal installation, and fly home.

New Scientist reports that the project, which has been in development since 2008, has reached design proposal stage, and several outside developers have submitted designs. DARPA could start allocating funding to developers in as little as a year.

While the principles of hydrodynamic and aerodynamic flight are similar, the technological challenges are profound. Aircraft need to be as light as possible, so that they can use a minimum of power to get airborne, while submarines need to be dense and strong to withstand water pressure. Heavier-than-air aircraft get their lift from airflow over their wings - submarines simply pump water in and out to change their buoyancy.

One method of getting around the latter problem is to design a submarine that is lighter than water, but - like an upside-down aeroplane - uses lift generated by its wings to force it away from the surface. Then, after surfacing, the wings' "angle of attack" would be changed to generate upwards lift instead, allowing it to fly.

Graham Hawkes, a submarine designer, believes that modern lightweight carbon fibre composites could be used to build a craft that is both strong enough and light enough to fly above and below the water. He has already designed and built a submersible craft called the "Super Falcon" which uses stubby wings to "fly" down to 300 metres. He says that if it were given jet engines and larger wings, it could fly at up to 900kph (560mph) in the air, while still being capable of underwater travel at around 18kph (11mph). At these speeds, the behaviour of water and air over the control surfaces is similar. "Think about it as flying under water," says Mr Hawkes. "It can be done. It just needs a lot of work."

One problem could be overcome in a dramatic fashion - in order to get the wings to start generating downward lift, the craft would have to get underwater; but a lighter-than-water vessel would struggle to do so. Mr Hawkes suggests copying birds: "You might have to put the nose down and literally dive, smack, into the water. It would certainly be spectacular."

There are a variety of other design problems to overcome. Ordinary batteries capable of giving the craft a 44km (28 mile) range - as specified by DARPA - would weigh more than the rest of the vessel, but running it on ordinary fuel would require a supply of air, meaning a snorkel and a maximum depth of just a few meters.

Also, jet engines - which run at several hundred degrees celsius - would most likely explode from the sudden change in temperature if they were rapidly submerged after airborne use, but piston engines would not survive being immersed in water. Jim McKenna, an engineer at the UK Civil Aviation Authority, says: "You can't let cold seawater get at a hot engine because the thermal shock will blow it apart." The Pentagon's dream of a flying submarine is still some way away yet.

Source:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/7...submarine.html
Old 01-27-2011, 03:24 PM   #37
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

UFOs and USOs - Underwater alien bases;

USO - UNIDENTIFIED SUBMERGED OBJECT;

ALIENS FROM THE OCEANS;

Underwater UFO Bases Bill Hamilton writes “What secrets lurk in ocean depths? Are there alien forms of intelligent life that occupy the vast volumes of water that constitute our oceans, seas, and lakes?” The largest of our oceans, the Pacific, covers 64,000,000 square miles and reaches a depth of 36,198 feet, a depth that no ray of sunlight ever reaches. Could these depths hide alien submarine bases?

Underwater UFOs have been sighted on many occasions lifting out of their submerged depths and taking to the air. In an article entitled "UFOs - at 450 Fathoms," UFO Reporter Ed Hyde told of the sighting made by Dr. R. J. Villela, a Brazilian scientist, who saw a UFO smash through an estimated 40 feet of ice at the South Pole and soar into the sky at amazing speed.

It was author and researcher Dr. Ivan T. Sanderson who suggested that aliens could remain undetected by building their bases beneath the world's oceans. Dr. Sanderson found that by actual count, over 50 percent of the UFO sightings had occurred over, coming from, or plunging into or coming out of water.

This includes oceans, seas, lakes, and reservoirs. Of the oceanic UFOs (some term them USOs or Unidentified Submersible Objects), one was tracked by the U.S. Navy near Puerto Rico in 1963. Of course many of these objects have been tracked over Puerto Rico since that time.

On a training maneuver, a sonar operator detected a sub aqueous object traveling at over 150 knots! The technicians tracked this object for four days and it maneuvered down to the incredible depth of 27,000 feet. Submarines of 1963 could not dive further than a fraction over a mile into the ocean deeps.

What kind of submersible could withstand the tremendous ocean pressures? And how could it overcome the tremendous resistance of water moving at such incredible speeds? Scientists still have to find irrefutable evidence proving the existence of UFOs. Hundreds of new reports on UFOs appear everyday. One percent of those reports remain a mystery unraveled though 99% of them could be explained by natural or man-made factors.

Let us assume that aliens exist and visit Earth on a regular basis. What would be the best place for them to build a secret base? Seabed would be the best option. The oceans cover two-thirds of the planet. The ocean remains virtually unexplored. We have a much clearer picture of processes that occur on the Moon; our knowledge of things that happen deep under the surface of the sea is scarce.

As it turns out, reports about certain mysterious undersea incidents arrive steadily. Those incidents are reported by naval officers who normally have good technical expertise and composure. The Navy officers are subject to annual medical examinations. Submarines have no skylights. Maintaining radio communication under the sea is not easy though a radio wave passes through the water a lot better than it does above the sea surface.

That is why submariners largely report incidents related to strange acoustic signals. As far as we know, Earth is the most watery of planets in our particular system. Perhaps in some form water lies in or under the clouds of Venus or in the gaseous layers of the outer planets. To a small degree it is almost certainly present on Mars.

What is AUTEC? AUTEC stands for the Atlantic Undersea Test And Evaluation Center. This may not mean much to the average person out there. Let me explain. AUTEC is a government facility that deals with undersea testing. I am sure most of you have heard of Area 51, but in case you haven’t, that is another government facility that is top secret and is said to house top secret aircraft and ufos. Why do I mention this? The reason that I had to mention Area 51 is that AUTEC is said to be the Area 51 of the ocean.

But large deep bodies of water such as ours seem definitely unique in our solar system. Presumably, therefore, if our space visitors came from a neighboring planet, they would approach our lakes and oceans with wary respect. Without such watery expanses of their own, they would never feel at ease on or in ours, no matter how advanced their technical development.

But the striking fact is that, where water is concerned, UFOs appear far more at home even than ourselves. They seem to regard it as an element barely distinguishable from air and, except for an apparent interest in sampling it, they treat it with indifference.

They have been seen flying into it and emerging from it at full speed. Observations of strange subsurface luminous discs suggest they may even live under it. Personally, I’ve just returned from a long Caribbean cruise and during I found myself mindlessly peering out to the endless sea many times as days go by without ports of call. I’ve always known most of the earth is water, but until you are at sea, you never really can wrap your mind around it. If it was my duty to come to planet Earth to study for instance and keep yourselves out of site, the oceans are the obvious choice. If bases do exist here, I can bet they are right under our wet noses.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #38
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

There are many reports of UFOs (or USOs) going in and out of lakes, seas and oceans all around the world and I would like to know why. I discovered the following website with information in it that may touch this subject up a little and help us get to the bottom of it.

An Introduction'

It is an accepted fact that UFOs have always had an attraction to the lakes and oceans of our planet. One of the most accepted explanations for this attraction is that UFOs have bases under water. Another theory is that UFOs use water as part of their navigation system, or other important ship function. Being in our oceans, of course, gives them the freedom of wide open spaces. They can maneuver, and come and go at will, with little chance of being seen by human eyes.

On rare occasion, however, they do make themselves known, either purposely, or inadvertently, and are seen by crew members of various boats, submarines, airplanes, and ships working in the waters of planet Earth. It would be very interesting to know how many times ocean vessels, submarines, or even planes at sea have seen these unknown flying objects.

1952 - Operation Mainbrace Sightings;

In 1952, an enigmatic series of UFO sightings and encounters occurred during a NATO operation called "Operation Mainbrace." Including multitudes of personnel, planes, and ships, it was the largest such operation to that date. On September 13, the first UFO sighting of the operation was made from the Danish destroyer "Willemoes," operating north of Bornholm Island. Several crew members spotted a triangular-shaped UFO moving at high speed. On September 19, another report of a UFO was made from a British Meteor aircraft which was returning to the airfield at Topcliffe, Yorkshire, England.

The object was seen by several ground personnel, who described a disc-shaped, silver object which was rotating on its axis. It soon sped away. On September 20, another sighting was made from the aircraft carrier U.S.S. Franklin D. Roosevelt. A silver, spherical object was seen and photographed by crew members.

1966 - USS TIRU Encounters UFO;

In 1966, the USS TIRU SS-416 submarine was moored to a civilian pier in Seattle, Washington. The sub was part of the Rose Festival, and was harbored for public touring. The TIRU's UFO encounter occurred during its trip from Pearl Harbor in route to Seattle, when the port lookout noticed a strange object about 2 miles away. Several crew members were alerted, and confirmed the sighting of a metallic craft, larger than a football field. The object flew into the sea, soon emerged, and went into the clouds. There was also radar confirmation of the sighting. All in all, at least five crew members saw the unknown flying object, and photographs were taken, but have not been made public.

1968 - Panamax Bulk Carrier GRICHUNA;

The GRICHUNA was loaded with coal when it left South Carolina in route to Japan in 1968. Our witness, a second officer, was on night watch on the 0000 - 0400 hours shift as the vessel was off the coast of Florida. Seas were calm, and the GRICHUNA was making about 15 knots with good visibility. The officer was on the ship's port side, watching the lights of Palm Beach. Suddenly, he was distracted by lights under the water.

The strange lights were about 10-15 meters deep, and 30-40 meters from the ship. The object was similar to an airplane, except it had no wings or tail. The officer could plainly see windows on the craft. This ruled out the possibility of it being a naval submarine. Although there were some tourist subs with windows, they would not be operating at night. The officer also stated that the object was moving at a speed much greater than any of our subs could manage at that time.

1969 - British Grenadie;

The Grenadier was an oil tanker which was involved in one of the most prolonged UFO sightings by any ocean going vessel, as crew members watched an arrowhead-shaped object near the ship for three days in 1969. The event occurred in the Gulf of Mexico, and began on day one as arrowhead-shaped UFO was seen hovering above the ship at noon.

Unbelievably, this object remained with the ship for three days. The UFO was estimated as being a mile in altitude, and during daylight hours, it was a dark blue color. At night, however, it became a silvery light. Weather conditions were good, and seas were calm during the three day sighting. On the first day of the object's presence, the ship's engines abruptly stopped.

The second day, the ship's food storage refrigeration stopped operating, although no reason was found for the power outage. More electrical problems were encountered on the third day, with the ship's engines again failing. All systems returned to normal on the third day, as the unknown object vanished from view, never to be seen again. All of these events were entered into the ship's logs. It is almost certain that photographs and motion picture film was taken of the object, yet no media has ever been made public.

1986 - USS Edenton;

The amazing report of a UFO encounter by the USS Edenton is related by a crew member who was an eyewitness to the strange events of the Summer of 1986. As the ship was maneuvering about fifty miles off the coast of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, it was 11:00 PM on a clear night. Our witness had the night watch. His duties were simply to report anything unusual in the waters or skies. Seemingly out of the blue, there appeared four, red circular lights.

The lights were hundreds of yards apart when they first were spotted. The eyewitness could clearly see that the four lights formed a square in the sky. The crewmen was familiar with all light configurations of airplanes, and was certain that the lights could not be attributed to any known aircraft. These red lights were about 20 degrees above the horizon, and a mile away from the Edenton.

Source ; http://ufos.about.com/od/classicufoc...shipsatsea.htm

Here is a recent one from South Africa - although possibly a meteorite:
Port Shepstone - The National Sea Rescue Institute (NSRI) is monitoring a mysterious situation on the KZN south coast.

"Numerous" eye-witnesses reported an unidentified flying object crashing into the sea on Saturday.

NSRI Shelley Beach station commander, Eddie Noyons, said eye-witnesses had reported an unidentified object - possibly an aircraft - crashing into the sea behind the breaker line off-shore of the Port Shepstone High School.

source; http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...N-sea-20060520

Here's an interesting encounter from the 70's in Norway, you'll find alot more sightings in the source link.

The Sognefjord, Norway USO - 1972;

For two weeks, the Norwegian Navy tracked a USO in the Sognefjord, the world's second longest fjord. The incident was taken so seriously by the government that ships and sub-seeking helicopters were called to find the object. On November 20, the UFO was seen exiting the water, and described as "a massive, silent, cigar-shaped object".

One ship actually opened fire on what was considered a hostile craft, but to no avail, as the USO simply dove into the waters. The unknown object also avoided depth-charges. Finally, it was decided to block up the fjord and trap the object, but somehow it slipped away.

link;http://ufos.about.com/od/ufohistory/a/usos_2.htm

Carl Feindt of Water UFO; http://www.waterufo.net/menu.htm has been compiling a database of UFOs near water sightings. He's got a few hundred sighting reports in there.

I guess that UFOs move around in our atmosphere as if it isn't a medium. They are spherical or reputedly saucer-shaped. Spheres have terrible properties for flying and have no lift. The saucers apparently make no sonic booms or generate air currents. If they are craft from somewhere, the propulsion isn't reliant on the air or water they travel through.

They could be exploring the depths of water with the same ease as they cut through our skies? Like it isn't even there.

People like to imagine there are huge bases under the oceans near Puerto Rico or mid-Atlantic. Some insist they exist and probably have a book out telling us they've been and got an ashtray. Beyond getting carried away, it makes sense to me that if 'something' was visiting...a staging post beneath the seas would be the smartest place to put it.

There's an interview with Carl Feindt on BoA that's not too bad. He has some intriguing ideas about displacement fields and trace evidence...http://www.binnallofamerica.com/boaa5.4.8.html

I also recommend reading or listening to some Don Ledger about the Shag Harbour UFO crash. Of all the UFO and sea incidents...this is legendary.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case166.htm
Old 01-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #39
Dokuro
Banned

Dokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal Guillotine View Post
Lake Baikal
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=38721

Late in April 2009, astronauts aboard the International Space Station observed a strange circular area of thinned ice in the southern end of Lake Baikal in southern Siberia. Siberia is remote and cold; ice cover can persist into June. The upper image, a detailed astronaut photograph, shows a circle of thin ice (dark in color, with a diameter of about 4.4 kilometers); this is the focal point for ice break up in the very southern end of the lake. A sequence of MODIS images indicates that the feature was first visible on April 5, 2009.

Baikal contained another, very similar circle near the center of the lake above a submarine ridge that bisects the lake (ice circles are indicated by arrows in the lower MODIS image from April 20). Both circles are visible through April 20, 2009. Clouds cover the center of the lake until April 24, at which point the circular patch of thin ice was becoming a hole of open water. Similar circular ice patterns—although not nearly as distinct—have been documented in the same central area of the lake in April 1994 (during the STS-59 Shuttle mission) and in 1985 (during the STS-51B Shuttle mission).

While the origin of the circles is unknown, the peculiar pattern suggests convection (upwelling) in the lake’s water column. Ice cover changes rapidly at this time of year. Within a day, the ice can melt almost completely and freeze again overnight. Throughout April, the circles are persistent: they appear when ice cover forms, and then disappear as ice melts. The pattern and appearance suggest that the ice is quite thin. The features were last observed in MODIS images on April 27, 2009.

What can cause convection, bringing warmer waters to the surface? Hydrothermal activity and high heat flow have been observed in other parts of the lake, but the location of this circle near the southern tip, over relatively deep water, is puzzling.

Lake Baikal is unique in many regards. It is the largest (by volume) and deepest (1,637 meters at the deepest point) fresh water lake on Earth. It is also one of the world’s oldest lakes (25-30 million years old); sediment deposited on the bottom is up to 7 kilometers deep. The lake’s long, thin, and deep shape results from its location in the Baikal Rift Valley.

As a United Nations World Heritage Site, Lake Baikal is considered one of Russia’s environmental jewels. It is home to an amazing array of plants and animals, many of them unique to the ecosystem. The lake’s biodiversity includes fresh water seals and several species of fish that are not found elsewhere on Earth.

everything i have seen so far has been photoshoped, man mad objects or stupidity

but this one ......perhaps underwater volcanic activity someone compile the fault data with this lake
Dokuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:27 PM   #40
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

What are USOs?

As we search the mysteries of UFOs, an area that is often overlooked is that of UFOs entering and emerging from water. Often tagged "USOs," these objects have the capability of maneuvering in, through, and out of the water into open spaces. The proper term for this phenomena is "Unidentified Submersible Objects."

To really investigate this subject, we must separate UFOs seen flying over or near lakes and oceans with those which have been reported to enter or emerge from water. This is not to say that a UFO reported over water cannot navigate lakes and oceans, but there may be special properties to those which have reportedly entered or exited the lakes and seas of our world.

Another fact that we should consider is that although the Earth's surface is approximately 75% water, these areas are not nearly as closely monitored as our lands, which of course, contain the vast majority of our populace. It is very possible, even probable, that UFOs navigating our oceans and lakes are very rarely witnessed by human eyes.

UFOs and Water

There have been many reports of UFOs over water, and a much smaller amount of reports of UFOs navigating our lakes and oceans. The question must be asked: "Why do UFOs enter our waters?"

This question can only be answered with several other questions. Do alien beings have a personal need of water? Do alien craft have a use for water? Do aliens have underground bases in our oceans?

From the preponderance of reports, all three of these questions can be answered with a big "Yes." There have been multiple reports of aliens either asking for water for either themselves or for their craft. And reports of UFOs staying underwater for several days without emerging must indicate that they have somewhere to anchor their craft beneath the surface, or have bases under the sea.

These theories bring us to the gist of this article, where I shall bring to light some of the most notable, best documented cases of these UFO underwater events.

South of Malta - 1947

In 1947, about 20 miles south of Malta, fishermen were at work raising and lowering their nets in hope of a big catch. Suddenly they saw an unusual object not too far from their boat. Frightened by the strange object, the fishermen quickly yanked their nets from the sea, fired up their boat, and put distance between themselves and the unknown craft.

Suddenly, a bright light lit up the area around the craft. Small beings could be seen running across the deck of the object. Visible to the fishermen was some type of apparatus around the waist of the beings.

Later after initial reports of the incident were revealed, one of the witnesses claimed that the beings were about the size of a 10-year-old boy. He could see them enter the craft, which soon submerged, never to be seen again.

Golfo Nuevo - Argentina - 1960

In a report released through the History Channel, in 1960, the Argentinean Navy encountered two unknown submerged objects in the "New Gulf," or Golfo Nuevo. This event occurred about 650 miles south of Buenos Aires, Argentina.

It was initially thought that the objects were submarines, but this theory was soon dismissed, as the objects appeared to break into smaller pieces, and fly out of the ocean. According to reports by Philip Mantle, these pieces disappeared as they left the water.

Of course, skeptics believe that all that was seen were submarines firing torpedoes, but it was revealed that in 1960, the firing of six or more torpedoes at one time was not possible.

Seattle, Washington - 1966

In 1966, the USS Tiru SS-416 left Pearl Harbor bound for Seattle, Washington, during the Rose Festival. The submarine was set at a pier near downtown Seattle, and toured by thousands of curious individuals.

Unknown at this time was that the sub's trip to Seattle had been far from routine. While cruising on the water's surface one late afternoon, the port lookout reported a strange object at a range of 2 miles bearing 315 degrees relative. The port lookout referred his contact to the starboard and OOD (Object Oriented Design) lookouts.

The three lookouts, using binoculars, were shocked to see a metallic craft, larger than a football field, drop from the clouds into the ocean. It was reported to tumble end over end, hit the water, and disappear among the water geysers and ocean.

When starboard and OOD lookouts confirmed what they had seen, the port lookout related that initially he had seen the object go from the water up into the clouds.

All three lookouts would soon see the object leave the ocean and join the clouds. During the same time period, radar reported a contact at the same range and bearing. Sonar was picking up strange echoes. The Captain was called to the bridge.

The Captain, along with the chief Quartermaster, arrived within minutes. Almost immediately, the unknown object fell from the clouds into the ocean once again. Soon, however, the Tiru moved out of visual contact with the object. The Captain issued an order to all present: Never discuss what they had seen under any circumstances.

The Captain went below and sent a radio message. The witnesses had seen a metallic craft, decked out with machined parts. There appeared to be windows around its circumference. No noise was heard. The object was shaped like a saucer with a bowl inverted in the saucer and it was huge.

Shag Harbor, Nova Scotia - 1967

One of the most well known UFO cases is that of the Shag Harbor Crash of 1967, although it is most difficult to determine if the UFO navigated into the water purposedly, or crashed into the waters.

However, if later eyewitness testimony can be believed, a second craft entered the waters to aid the first craft. It has been reported that the US Navy monitored the objects for quiet some time. This would certainly indicate to me that the first object, possibly in trouble, had used the waters to avoid detection, awaiting aid from the second ship.

Coast of Florida - 1968

In 1968, a Panamax a bulk carrier, The Grichuna, under the Swiss flag, was off the coast of Florida. It was loaded with coal, and in route to Japan. The reporter of this incident was a second officer, who was on night watch from 00:00 to 04:00 hours.

The Grichuna was in good weather, and cruising at about 15 knots when our witness, who was watching the lights of Palm Beach, saw lights under the water's surface. The lights were about 10-15 meters deep, and 30-40 meters distant.

He could make out an object which looked like a plane without wings or a tail. He could also see windows, from which light glowed. He thought there were 10-12 windows.

The USO was crossing the path of the Grichuna, and moving about twice her speed, it soon was under the ship's bow. The second officer estimated the length of the object at 9 meters. Another seaman on the bridge admitted to seeing something under the water, but was not sure what it was.

The second officer was experienced with many years at sea. He had seen about everything there was to see on the ocean, but this time he was baffled. His testimony is definite proof of the existence of USOs.

Buff Ledge, Virginia - 1968

Another case of UFOs entering the water is that of the Buff Ledge Encounter. In 1968, Buff Ledge, a girls' summer camp in Virginia, would be visited by four UFOs which maneuvered in and out of the waters of Lake Champlain.

Michael Lapp, a sixteen-year-old maintenance man, and 19-year-old water ski instructor Janet Cornell were relaxing on a boat dock on a quite afternoon, as most of the camp inhabitants were away at a swim meet.

Late afternoon, they were surprised to see a bright light approaching the lake. The object appeared to be a large disc. Soon, three smaller objects fell from the larger craft. These three craft begin to move over the lake, appearing to put on an air show.

Soon, the mother ship descended into the water, emerged, and came right at the two friends. The object was so close that two, small beings could be seen through a dome-like, transparent top. The next thing the two friends knew they were waking up, still staring at the object, now in the distance.

Michael was trying to get his bearings. He checked on Janet, who seemed to be in a trance. Soon, they heard the welcome sounds of the swim team returning to camp. The mother ship moved from view, disappearing into the sky.

It would be ten more years before Michael, plagued by disturbing dreams of being abducted, would call upon the services of the Center for UFO Studies. Investigator Walter Webb took the case, and suggested regressive hypnosis. This procedure brought out the details of an alien abduction.

Likewise, Janet would also find that she had been abducted, and subjected to medical tests. Webb would also find other witnesses from the camp that saw strange lights over Lake Champlain the same night of the abductions.

Costa Rica - 1971

A rare photograph is taken of a gigantic UFO over Lake Cote by a government mapping program in 1971. The photograph clearly shows details of the terrain below, and a silver, disc-shaped object, which appears to be entering the water.

American expert analysis deems the photograph authentic, and because the plane was flying at fixed altitude of 10,000 feet, it can be estimated that the UFO was over 600 feet in diameter. See more details of this case at UFO Photograph, Costa Rica, 1971.

The Sognefjord, Norway USO - 1972

For two weeks, the Norwegian Navy tracked a USO in the Sognefjord, the world's second longest fjord. The incident was taken so seriously by the government that ships and sub-seeking helicopters were called to find the object. On November 20, the UFO was seen exiting the water, and described as "a massive, silent, cigar-shaped object".

One ship actually opened fire on what was considered a hostile craft, but to no avail, as the USO simply dove into the waters. The unknown object also avoided depth-charges. Finally, it was decided to block up the fjord and trap the object, but somehow it slipped away.

Mayaquez, Puerto Rico - 1977

A USO case that was witnessed by as many as 2,000 people occurred in Mayaquez, Puerto Rico, on September 13, 1977. Eyewitness reports described two, large UFOs, which flew over a Puerto Rican city, and dove into the Atlantic about a mile from shore. The object was seen entering and exiting the ocean multiple times.

The UFOs were seen by many people on the shore, and also fishermen at sea. The objects so frightened the witnesses that many felt the end of the world had come. Fishermen, hastily speeding for shore, would not go back to their trade during the sightings.

Mayaquez Police Sergeant Ramon Ramirez observed the objects for a time, and attempted to quiet the fears of the witnesses. He stated that "It was a strange object to them and they didn't know what it was."

One of the local fishermen added: "I've been a fisherman for a long time and I've been out on that water for a long time and I've never seen anything like what I saw that night."

Asked what he thought the object was, Lopez said: "In my opinion, it was a UFO, a flying saucer."

Millazo, Italy - 1986

In February, 1986, a UFO moving in the water was spotted by one Antonino Abramo, who was fishing alone at night in the Largo di Millazzo (ME). He first noticed an intense, yellow light rising from the sea, and illuminating a large area of the water.

The light began to change from yellow to greenish, light blue, and finally white. He estimated the light was several kilometers from his boat. As he watched the light, the sea began to boil, and an unknown, elliptical object exited the sea. Abramo could see a lighted, domed top on the object.

A number of small lights of various colors circled the object. Soon, the unknown craft began to rise, and climb into the skies. It stopped momentarily, then sped away. He estimated the entire experience was only about 20 seconds in length.

The Aegean Sea - 1990

An interesting case that seems to substantiate the existence of underwater UFOs comes from Turkey, and includes a rare, underwater photograph of a USO. The event occurred on August 15, 1990, in the Aegean Sea.

Erol Erkman and a fellow diver were exactly 57 meters deep in the Saros Bay when they spotted a distant green light. While checking out a sunken ship, Erkman used an underwater Kodak camera to capture the object on film.

See all of the details of this case at USO Photographed in the Aegean Sea.

Invermere, British Colombia - 1999

Between 4:00 -5:00 PM, on April 17, 1999, an unusual sighting was made by several witnesses who claimed to see a bright, white light exiting the waters in Windermere, Invermere, British Columbia, at Lake Lookout.

The weather was clear and sunny, with little to no wind. The waters were calm. One of the three witnesses made the following statement:

"Three of us were looking out into the water: it was a quiet peaceful afternoon, when we all noticed a bright, white light emerging from the water. The object was breaking the water surface from the lake, yet wasn't leaving any ripples in the water! - like a piece of wood or a log could."

"It showed itself as a sequence of digitized light - the kind that looks like the Knight Rider "kit" car has on the front. Instead, this computerized light was a bright white coloring. It appeared and disappeared, breaking the water surface three times before finally disappearing into the lake. This lasted for approximately 5 minutes. We had binoculars so we were able to see the light up close, and to our amazement it confirmed what we thought we had seen."

Vero Beach, Florida - 2008

The National UFO Reporting Center has reported the sighting of a UFO over Vero Beach, Florida, that occurred on April 14, 2008. The witness claims that he observed two cigar-shaped, unidentified objects for about three minutes. The objects appeared to be playing as they flew in and out of the water, and across the skies.

The objects were first observed just above the horizon, and at times could be seen entering the ocean. Incredibly, these objects would stop in midair, disappear, then reappear in a different place in the sky. The beach was almost vacant at the time, and there were no other witnesses to the objects.

The cases presented here are only a small portion of the many cases of reports of unknown flying objects maneuvering in and out of the waters of the world. There can be little doubt that the navigators of these objects are at home in our lakes and oceans.

These craft possess capabilities that no earthly craft can duplicate, being able to go from underwater to flying in our skies with ease. This would indicate an advanced technology.

Just a small overview of USO cases
Old 01-27-2011, 03:29 PM   #41
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Phosphorescent wheels;

Every now and then KNMI receives questions that cannot be answered adequately. Recently our attention was drawn again to a mysterious phenomenon: 'marine phosphorescent wheels'. These still unexplained phenomena are reported at sea for at least hundred years. 'Marine phosphorescent wheels' or 'oceanic light wheels' are luminous phenomena that are observed on ships especially in the Indian Ocean, Persian Gulf and the South China Sea. A lot has been written on this subject and many possible causes have surfaced, ranging from biological to seismic sources and possible connections to UFO theories and crop circles.

'Marine phosphorescent wheels' come in many appearances, often together with 'luminous parallel bands' or 'luminous rotating spokes'. Sometimes one, sometimes multiple wheels, rotating clockwise or counter clockwise, with a diameter between 3 and 200 metres, sometimes virtually stretching out to the horizon. At times the spectacle appeared to be under water, sometimes it seemed to be above the surface. Also in this context, 'under water rising and at the surface exploding balls of light' and 'submarine light rays' were observed sometimes together with the 'wheels'. Altogether, a wide-ranging, but very intriguing phenomenon.

To sketch a picture of how a 'phosphorescent wheel' may look, an observation of such an event, reported by the Dutch tanker 'Dione' on 5 November 1978, is given below. This report was published before in the Nautisch Technisch Tijdschrift/De Zee (nr. 4 - 1979), but is detailed to such an extent that it offers a good impression of one of the appearances of such an 'object'. The 'Dione' is one of the 45 Dutch reports of 'phosphorescent wheels' that were received at KNMI since 1910.

It is remarkable, that no reports of 'phosphorescent wheels' were received - not even in other countries - from the time that only sailing ships roamed the seas. All reports came from motorized ships. Although bioluminescence (that's what it is all about) was also reported in the age of sail (milky seas and noctiluca scintillans), there was never a report from any sailor of such a dramatic event.

Report of 'marine phosphorescent wheels', ms 'Dione'

The observation took place on 5 November 1978 at 00:05 hours, local time on board (4 November 1978, 21:35 GMT). The phenomenon took place in about 15 minutes, after which the wheels and spokes disappeared slowly.

Figure 1. Observation of 'phosphorescent wheels', on board ms 'Dione'

Spokes and wheels rotated approximately one meter above the water, and there where a spoke moved, the sea lightened strongly, about as far outward as the outer wheels. Behind the ship and next to the ship's stern, where the ship lights caused the spokes and wheel to be less, though still clear and recognizable visible, the lighting of the sea was less visible.

The width of the wheels was approximately 1.5-2m, narrower near the centre, but increasingly wider further outward. The spokes, or beams, were cone shaped, pointing at the ship, with the wider part of 2-2.5m outward and curved with a convex shape in the direction of the rotation. The colour of the lighting of the sea was not bright green like one often observes in the Persian Gulf, but fainter white-yellowish; both the wheels and the spokes showed the same colour.

The lighting of the sea was visible in patches, nearly circular areas with a diameter of 0.5-1m. The wheels' circles were clearly visible abeam to approximately two ship lengths and forward to about half a ship length (length of ms 'Dione' is 244m).

As mentioned before, concurrently with the large wheel, more, but smaller wheels were clearly visible, with and without spokes (see Figure 1). They were still good visible while the greater wheel was disappearing. Looking at a wheel abeam on portside, it struck me that it didn't have any spokes, and that increasingly growing circles were formed from a certain point, the same that one notices when one throws a stone in the water.

There were never more than 3 or 4 circles visible at once and they disappeared without notice. Slowly the wheels disappeared, the large one first, followed by the smaller ones.

Further specifications:

Date and time: 4 November 1978, 21:35 hours UTC (5 November 1978, 00:05 hours, time on board)
Position: 26°33'.0 N 53°10'.2 E
Heading: 121° true
Speed: 12.5 knots
No sea or swell
Calm
Air temperature: 25°C
Sea surface temperature: 28°C (engine inlet)
Sea level pressure: 1014 hPa
Height of eye: 18m

General: clear starry sky, no moon and slightly hazy horizon. Observed many 'falling stars' during the whole evening, of which one appeared to be very near, what was concluded from the long bright green tail that glowed relatively long afterwards.
Observers:

Captain G. Arkema;
2nd Officer J. Boonstra;
3rd Officer J.P. Molenaar;
Watchman D.A. Emanuels.
Relation

There is some relation between all phosphorescent wheel reports. Their geographical position is usual in the northerly coastal waters of the Indian Ocean and in the South China Sea, especially at water depths of less than 100 fathoms (about 200m), see Figure 2.

Figure 2. Locations of Dutch phosphorescent wheel reports

Interest climate research

In climate research the carbon cycle of the ocean is very important. The ocean absorbs around 1/3 of the anthropogenic CO2 where especially the Coccolithophores play an important role by attaching CO2 to their calcareous skeletons. A study of the distribution, behaviour and phenomena of these luminous algae could possibly contribute to climate research. Coccolithophores are observed especially during their bloom, when they show up as so-called 'milky seas'.

Explanations?

During the years several explanations were given to the 'phosphorescent wheel' phenomena. However, until today none of these explains it completely. Following some of the theories are given.
Tydeman, Verploegh

Vice-admiral G.F. Tydeman described the phenomenon (1911) as a combination of phosphorescent plankton, sea waves and the bow wave of the ship. Later (1921) he expanded his theory after an observation of the 'phosphorescent wheel' above the water. Tydeman explained this by assuming that the waves worked as a kind of lens, projecting the plankton's radiated light on a thin hazy layer, directly above the water. Later G. Verploegh elaborated this theory some more (1958).

Kalle

The German Kalle described (1960) the connection between 'phosphorescent wheels' and 'luminous balls' - another rarely observed phenomenon. Luminous balls are described as 'balls of luminous water, rising under water and apparently exploding near the surface, where they expand circularly'. Possibly these phenomena are again related to 'flashing underwater search lights'. Kalle associated these phenomena with shock waves, caused by seaquakes. In deep water, Kalle explained, shock waves would cause the 'rising luminous ball' effect. In shallow water however, reflection of the shock wave between the sea-floor and the sea surface would cause a complicated pattern, similar to the 'phosphorescent wheel'.

The Moiré-effect could underpin this explanation. The Moiré-effect is the name of an optical phenomenon, in which two independent grids move on top of each other and display more or less random patterns. Otto however, questions Kalle's hypothesis (1979). He notices that the 'luminous ball' observations are nearly exclusively from the route between Socotra and Sri Lanka and hardly from the Bay of Bengal or more to the east, while contrarily, most 'phosphorescent wheels' have been observed more easterly.

Also the described shock wave mechanism still raises some questions. Above all, a correlation between the optical phenomena and seaquakes has never been demonstrated. The observations of 'luminous balls' and 'phosphorescent wheels' overlap the seismic active areas only partially.

Verploegh

Verploegh defended his elaborated Tydeman theory (1968). He particularly explained the perspective distortion, so often noticed by the observers of 'phosphorescent wheels' (bended spokes, flashing lights), as being caused by the lens effect of the waves.

Herring en Horsman

Through the years the magazine The Marine Observer often reported on 'phosphorescent wheels'. Herring and Horsman, authorities on this matter, frequently gave their expert opinion. In an interesting article (1985) they discuss some possible causes, under which Staples (1966) suggested that electro-luminescence would be the cause. A shock wave would be able to generate light in oxygen bubbles that are produced during daytime, under the influence of sunlight, by photosynthesis in phytoplankton.

Under special circumstances these shock waves and cavitations would lead to the same results. Herring and Horsman however, argue that it seems unlikely that these oxygen bubbles stay intact until the night (the time when the optical phenomena are being observed), and no photosynthesis occurs anymore. They think that the light is caused by bioluminescence, produced by small luminous organisms that live in the water. Especially Dinoflagellates, a group of single-celled algae, containing the Noctiluca scintillans, qualify for this. Another problem is the explanation of the remarkable patterns. A Russian writer Tarasov (1956) tried to explain them as being rotating movements in the water, while Leslie and Adamski (1953) considered them being signs of extraterrestrial visits by UFO's.

Hilder (1962) interpreted the patterns as being a magnetic phenomenon, caused by a combination of local variations in the geomagnetic field and the effects of the steel and iron of the ships. The latter coincides at least with the fact that no observations are known from the era of wooden ships. It does not, however, explain the patterns (bands and wheels).

Herring en Widder

Resently Herring and Widder (2001) examined the 'phosphorescent wheels'. The writers do think in the direction of plankton near the sea surface that is activated by vibrations, caused by ships' engines or seismic activities, but still cannot find a conclusive explanation.

Not much further

All in all there are several explanations from different corners, but no convincing explanation for the complete phenomenon. It seems clear that it is a form of bioluminescence. Especially Coccolithophores and Dinoflagellates are in the picture. The first group, the Coccolithophores, is a type of algae that appears all over the world (except the polar regions) and is visible from space as well in the appearance of 'milky seas'. These areas of bloom overlap the areas where 'phosphorescent wheels' are observed.

More observations

In the past years more observations of 'marine phosphorescent wheels' and similar phenomena have been collected at KNMI. A start has been made to make the observations available more publically. This collection is expanding slowly, as soon as more digital data are available. Also see:

22 June 2009: Maersk Klaipeda
References

Herring, P.J. and Horsman, P. (1985). Phosphorescent Wheels: Fact or Fiction? The Marine Observer, 194-201.

Herring, P.J. and Widder, E.A. (2001). Bioluminescence in Plankton and Nekton. In: Steele, J.H., Thorpe, S.A. and Turekian, K.K. editors, Encyclopedia of Ocean Science, Vol. 1, 308-317. Academic Press, San Diego.
Hilder, B. (1962). Marine phosphorescence and magnetism. Navigation. (J. Aust. Inst. Navigation). 1, 43-60.

Kalle, K. (1960). Die rätselhafte und 'unheimliche' Naturverscheinung des 'explodierended' und des 'trotierenden' Meeresleuchtens – eine Folge Seebeben? Dt hydrogr. Z, Hamburg, 13, No. 2, 49-77. (Review in The Mariner Observer, 31, 1961, 148-149).

Leslie, D. and Adamski, G. (1953). Flying saucers have landed. Werner Laurie, London.
Otto, L. (1979). Waarnemingen van het 'lichtend wiel', Nautisch Technisch Tijdschrift/De Zee, Nr. 4.

Staples, R.F. (1966). The distribution and characteristics of surface bioluminescence in the oceans. U.S. Naval Hydrographic Office, Washington D.C. Technical Report, TR184, 48pp.

Tarasov, N.I. (1956). Luminescence of the Seal*. U.S.S.R. Academy of Sciences. (* In Russian: U.S. Navy Hydrographic Office translation).
Tydeman, G.F. (1911). Het onverklaarbaar lichtverschijnsel. De Zee, 14-19.
Tydeman, G.F. (1921). Een zeldzaam lichtverschijnsel, De Zee, 209-211.
Verploegh, G. (1958). Het mysterie van het lichtend wiel. De Blauwe Wimpel, 8, 232-235.

Verploegh, G. (1968). The phosphorescent wheel. Dt. Hydrogr. Z, 21, No. 4, 152-162.
Links

http://www.knmi.nl/~koek/Achtergrond.html
http://www.nioo.knaw.nl
http://www.nioz.nl
http://www.ecomare.nl
http://explorations.ucsd.edu/biolum/
http://www.visibleearth.nasa.gov/vie...orName=SeaWiFS
http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/art98/nocti.html
http://www.isbc.unibo.it/
http://www.mathematik.com/Moire/
Reference book

Remarkable luminous phenomena in nature. A catalog of geophysical anomalies. Verzameld door William R. Corliss. The Sourcebook Project, 2001. HC, 419pp.

See also

Het Parool, 7 May 2005: Graancirkels op zee, Ellen Hamelink.
NRC Handelsblad, 7 May 2005: Spaaklicht, Karel Knip.
Ferry van Eeuwen's Lichtende Wielen.
Kombuispraat.
Kris Sherwood's Marine Lightwheels.
6.4 Wat is sonoluminescentie
link source; http://www.knmi.nl/~koek/LichtendeWielen_en.htm
Old 01-27-2011, 03:30 PM   #42
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Professional Translation;

CISU Case: 002
Category B: Objects that enter the water or they dive down after making some additional
maneuvers or they dive down and then re-emerge to disappear in the sky (the way
that the first contact with the water happens is most important).
Evaluation: Insufficient information
Original Source: Giornale dei Misteri n. 212 pag. 59; relazione di P. Fiorino; circolare "Blitz" 24, 2; "ItaCat" caso n. 2701

Sighting Description: Una bambina, di circa 12 anni, mentre si recava di mattina e da sola a prendere dell’acqua per uso potabile presso il fiume Po’, vide provenire dall’alto un oggetto luccicante e rotondo, che si inabissò nell’acqua a circa sette metri da lei. Dopo un paio di minuti la testimone vede un gran ribollio nell’acqua e l’oggetto che riemerse, volando via e scomparendo nel cielo. La bambina ebbe anche modo di vedere all’interno dell’oggetto un piccolo uomo che dava l’impressione di essere seduto, essendo visibile solo dal collo in su. I lineamenti del viso erano umani e non aveva una casco. L’oggetto, che emetteva anche un sibilo, aveva un diametro di 2-3 metri. Sicuramente si tratta di uno dei casi di avvistamenti U.S.O. meglio inchiestati in Italia e solo la lontananza nel tempo del fenomeno ne impedisce una qualche valutazione oggettiva.

Sighting Description: One morning, while a 12 year old girl was going to fetch drinking water at the river Po, she saw a shiny and round object come from the sky. It later crashed in the water seven meters away from her. After a couple of minutes, the witness noticed a big bubble in the water and later the object resurfaced and flew away disappearing in the sky. The girl had the chance to observe the interior of the object and saw a little man who seemed to be seated because he was only visible from the neck and above. The facial features were human looking and he was not wearing a helmet.

The object, which emitted a hissing noise, had a diameter of 2-3 meters. For sure this is one of the most investigated U.S.O. sightings in Italy, and only the distance in time of the event prevents an objective evaluation of it.
This reference: USOCAT by The Italian Center for UFO Studies (CISU), © 1996 by Marco Bianchini. http://www.cisu.org/

ALSO

Date: 1927 Time: morning
A young girl was taking water out of the river Po when she saw a shiny, round object come down on the river close to her. It submerged then came out again causing the water to boil; it emitted a hissing sound and had a bright light on top. The witness was able to see a small man sitting inside the object, only visible from the neck up.
This reference: HC addition # 127. Source: Paolo Fiorino, UFO Universe, Oct/Nov 1991

UFOCAT PRN – 125584
UFOCAT URL – 125584 ITACAT by Verga Maurizio [Note sighting dated as 07-??-1927]
UFOCAT URL – 175082 *U* UFO Data Base by Larry Hatch, #00373 [dated as 07-??-1927]
UFOCAT URL – NONE HC addition # 127. Source: Paolo Fiorino, UFO Universe, Oct/Nov 1991

Europe – Italy, Rovigo
Rovigo Latitude 45-02 N, Longitude 11-50 E (D-M) [Province ]
Po River Latitude 44-57 N, Longitude 12-04 E
Córbola Latitude 45-00 N, Longitude 12-05 E
This reference: Italy Gazetteer, United States Board on Geographical Names, Department of the Interior, Washington, D.C., August 1956, pp. 100, 242 and 272.

UFO location (UFOCAT) Latitude 45.00 N, Longitude 12.08 E (D.%)

link; http://www.waterufo.net/item.php?id=43
Old 01-27-2011, 03:30 PM   #43
Dokuro
Banned

Dokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killaDokuro shaolin masta killa

nope the map matches with lake its volcanic
Dokuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #44
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

^^^^
what is this reference to Lake Baikal
Old 01-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #45
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

source

Last edited by Fatal Guillotine; 01-27-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Fatal Guillotine is offline   Reply With Quote