news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 06-03-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
TheBoarzHeadBoy
כהן גדול

TheBoarzHeadBoy drunken mastaTheBoarzHeadBoy drunken masta
Default Do other people even matter?

How much id does it take to kill the ego?
Old 06-03-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
Face of the Golden Falcon
...born of a future war

Face of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venomsFace of the Golden Falcon five deadly venoms
Send a message via MSN to Face of the Golden Falcon

...the id can't kill the ego.

HETEPU

Req Em Ab

Face of the Golden Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:04 PM   #3
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

he id is part of the id, ego, and super-ego, the three parts of the psychic apparatus in Freudian psychology (in English translations of Freud's work)
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:30 PM   #4
TheBoarzHeadBoy
כהן גדול

yeah....

Id is your instict
Ego are your standards
Super Ego is your society's standards

So I'm saying from a philosophical stance how much reliance on instincts does it take to ignore everything you believe and everything you've been told?

At what point is murder justifiable or is it never justifiable or always a rationalization?

At what point do we say fuck it, It's me against the world and I'm the only person who matters?

At what point do we consider the possibility that other people aren't even real and that the only thing we know is what we know.

Is that insanity or some sort of enlightenment. It's like I interact with you but how do I know I'm not the only one typing? How do I know my mind isn't playing tricks on me.

It's like the matrix.... ooohhh matrix.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:15 PM   #5
Teh KillaBee
Fingerblasting Champ

Teh KillaBee shaolin masta killaTeh KillaBee shaolin masta killaTeh KillaBee shaolin masta killaTeh KillaBee shaolin masta killaTeh KillaBee shaolin masta killaTeh KillaBee shaolin masta killaTeh KillaBee shaolin masta killa

2 kinds of people in this world. People I know and what I call 'other' people. I don't give a fuck about other people
Teh KillaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #6
TheBoarzHeadBoy
כהן גדול

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh KillaBee View Post
2 kinds of people in this world. People I know and what I call 'other' people. I don't give a fuck about other people
Exactly. In my humble opinion how do we know they even exist? Rumors of wars are not proof of wars.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #7
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

Maybe I'm missing what you're saying, but is this the question: How do I know that anybody besides me is real? I think about that shit all the time, and maybe this is all just an elaborate and depressing fantasy that I've placed myself into. But I'm kinda high, so maybe I'm not getting your point, or maybe I'm making no fuckin sense.
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:22 PM   #8
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

the same person made all of these replies.

we are all the same person
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:26 PM   #9
TheBoarzHeadBoy
כהן גדול

Or you're all in my head, I'm in your head, and etc.

All thought in one truth?
Old 06-06-2010, 02:29 PM   #10
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

You can't prove anyone else exists, even people you love/like/know intimately.

You can go a way to proving that you exist because you are considering whether you exist ergo you must exist in some form.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #11
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Puzzle Pieces - will they ever connect to see the big picture ?
Old 06-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #12
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

people exist as a reflection to what/how i think they should exist

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #13
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
Puzzle Pieces - will they ever connect to see the big picture ?
..Go on, I'm listening.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:33 PM   #14
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Urban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal son

Wether other people matter depends entirely on them. Due to this fact, most people don't matter.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:19 PM   #15
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

I gotta bring this bitch back from the grave.

The original post is the most interesting part of this conversation. We can never truly know anyone's existence save our own (unless some sort of Being John Malkovich situation somehow arises through technology), but how much do we have to really believe it to say "It's all an illusion so I might as well start merking bitches?" Cuz I can't conceive anything