news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Lab > Audio Booth

Old 01-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
iniquity
Veteran Member

iniquity five deadly venomsiniquity five deadly venomsiniquity five deadly venomsiniquity five deadly venomsiniquity five deadly venomsiniquity five deadly venomsiniquity five deadly venomsiniquity five deadly venoms
Default new to this.

iniquity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:57 AM   #2
Hellspawn
Guardian of the 1st house

Hellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killa
Send a message via MSN to Hellspawn

I first thought it was a lil bit messy then I understood the science behind the chaos you need harder drums or maybe to use a compressor to highlight the actual ones.

Peace
Hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:33 AM   #3
iniquity
Veteran Member

iniquity five deadly venomsiniquity five deadly venomsiniquity five deadly venomsiniquity five deadly venomsiniquity five deadly venomsiniquity five deadly venomsiniquity five deadly venomsiniquity five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
I first thought it was a lil bit messy then I understood the science behind the chaos you need harder drums or maybe to use a compressor to highlight the actual ones.

Peace

compressor? any tips are appreciated.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:44 AM   #4
StoneMessiah
SHAOLIN STUDENT

StoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killa

i dig the chaos of the track. i don't know how long you've been making beats but it's a pretty decent track. i can't wait to hear more. also you can throw your beats on sites such as soundcloud.com so they won't be downloaded if you don't want. or if you don't care about them getting downloaded there is a site called box.net incase anyone has any troubles peeping the joint through divshare or whatever you used.

PEACE

another thing you could do is layer your drums out to give them a fuller sound. like take your snare throw some reverb on a copy of it and turn it down some. take your kick copy it and eq the copy out then fuck with the volumes to make them sound right. i use flstudio so i don't have all the special shit to make it sound better.(although i do have a few cool edit tips and a program called aams that helps everything sound fuller now. there for a while my beats sounded "dead" if that makes sense. anyway back to fl tips) there is something called "sound goodizer" that helps bring everything to the front. i also throw a limiter on my master so i can watch my peaks.

hellspawn would you elaborate on throwing the compressor on the drum sounds. like what program do you use. would you take and mix them down as there own wav and send it to say cool edit and compress just the drum layers individually?
StoneMessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:47 AM   #5
Hellspawn

Hellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by iniquity View Post

compressor? any tips are appreciated.

http://www.tweakheadz.com/compressors.htm

Theres alot of plug-ins that helps in the compression, I don't know what is the program you are usin but you just have to google it and you'll easily find some interesting vst.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #6
Hellspawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneMessiah View Post
hellspawn would you elaborate on throwing the compressor on the drum sounds. like what program do you use. would you take and mix them down as there own wav and send it to say cool edit and compress just the drum layers individually?
No I would have compressed the sample so the drums would be highlighted without beign obligatory stronger, it's not about volumes, it's about channels. Anyway, it depends of the program he's using but you can find compression plug ins for all softs now.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:12 PM   #7
StoneMessiah
SHAOLIN STUDENT

StoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killa

PEACE on that hellspawn
StoneMessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:02 AM   #8
Sativahhh
رضيت بالله ربّاً وبلإسلام

Sativahhh iron monkeySativahhh iron monkeySativahhh iron monkey

peace where can i download the reason?
Sativahhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #9
Hellspawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sativahhh View Post
peace where can i download the reason?
password : L@+3$+

Reason
Old 01-09-2011, 09:37 AM   #10
iniquity
Veteran Member

thx for the advice guys. so besides the drums what else should i work on?

Old 01-29-2011, 10:24 AM   #11
iniquity
Veteran Member

edit

Last edited by iniquity; 01-29-2011 at 10:43 AM.