news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 08-30-2014, 07:12 PM   #1
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Gza an KP taking lines from the bible

I wil get to killah priest later, but gza claims to not read much, but as I've shown you in past threads, whole lines were taken from a book.

Here is one line he did not change much. He took it from the 'apocrypha: wisdom' chapter 4 verse 9. He used it as his last line on the older gods forever album.

'But wisdom is the grey hair unto men, and AN UNSPOTTED LIFE IS OLD AGE.'

Anyway, I will do more focussing on KP in this thread sometime later.

Marinate on the Gza/Genius taking lines from the bible with little modification to make the line his.

diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:36 PM   #2
soob
PRODIGAL SUN

soob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal son

It can't be --- Killah Priest taking verses from Bible!! You must be kidding
Man, y'all know KP takes lots of verses from Bible

GZA might quote Bible as well. RZA quotes Quran sometime

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)
soob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:27 PM   #3
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Not quoting, but plagerizing. When one quotes, you explicitly refer to another work, which they dont do. They simply pass it off as their own words.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:14 PM   #4
zooruka

zooruka five deadly venomszooruka five deadly venomszooruka five deadly venomszooruka five deadly venomszooruka five deadly venomszooruka five deadly venomszooruka five deadly venomszooruka five deadly venomszooruka five deadly venoms

I wish more m.c's would quote scripture. I hate how religion is monopolized by square traditions eg. (The church choir or boring church songs). Religion is from the streets, It needs to branch out and be spat from every angle.

Last edited by zooruka; 08-30-2014 at 09:21 PM.
zooruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:18 PM   #5
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggy View Post
Not quoting, but plagerizing. When one quotes, you explicitly refer to another work, which they dont do. They simply pass it off as their own words.
Artists take elements of literature, movies, music etc all the time. Its not necessary to break up the flow of a song to add footnotes so that weirdoes like you don't get mad.

Who even gives a fuck, its the bible which isn't copyrighted by Jesus or God to my knowledge. If we suspend our brains for a moment and say they exist, surely they'd be happy people are quoting it?
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:19 PM   #6
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
I wish more m.c would quote scripture. I hate how religion is monopolized by square traditions eg. (The church choir or boring church songs). Religion needs to branch out and be spat from every angle.
religion is horseshit, the less attention people pay to it the better.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:01 PM   #7
diggy
The ABBOTT

Proverbs 7:10

10 And, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtil of heart.

11 (She is loud and stubborn; her feet abide not in her house:

12 Now is she without, now in the streets, and lieth in wait at every corner.)

13 So she caught him, and kissed him, and with an impudent face said unto him,

14 I have peace offerings with me; this day have I payed my vows.

15 Therefore came I forth to meet thee, diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee.

16 I have decked my bed with coverings of tapestry, with carved works, with fine linen of Egypt.

17 I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.

18 Come, let us take our fill of love until the morning: let us solace ourselves with loves.

19 For the goodman is not at home, he is gone a long journey:

20 He hath taken a bag of money with him, and will come home at the day appointed.

21 With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him.

22 He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks;

[Killah Priest]
Yo, we sip wine around golden candles
Wearin mantels, tellin ghost stories
I propose a toast, as a whole splash of lightning
The sky's is stormy, then it dawned on me
It was a dope fiend and two Hell scorchened shorties
That lured me, to my first orgy
Apartment 4D, met a fine Harlet named Audrey
She adored me, she seduced me with her beauty
Neck full of jewelry, she wore a see-through gown
With her eye she forced me to lay down
Then she asked me, was I new in town
And with a smile she said she has peace offerings
This day she paid her vow
Let us make love and afterwards we worship an owl
This war lady, when she tried to play me
Get me in the bed to spray me
Kisses of her lips taste like taffy
Plus she wore the scent of Tasprey
Ask me if that attracts me
Whispers in my ear are pure blasphemy
She said I decked my bed with mur, aloes and roses, cinnamon
It's a place for gentlemen, with a youthful look I entered in
The sins of men, the devil's lust, the luck of women
With cat eyes, her man's a Rabbi
Walks with a raincoat, top hat, bow tie
And walkin with a cane, puffin his pipe
Saw me through the blinds fuckin his wife
I busted her twice, grabbed me by my windpipe
Pulled out a knife, 'nough said, bloodshed at the end of the night

Dude took whole phrases. No respect for this.

Old 08-31-2014, 02:39 AM   #8
LoboTek

LoboTek grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
religion is horseshit, the less attention people pay to it the better.
Its not that bad, some of it is outdated for sure, but as long as you don't take it to fundamentalist level there is some wisdom there.

In regards to the thread topic, I don't think its that big of a deal. I take it as he was inspired by the text, I wouldn't consider it plagiarizing. Especially when the text is over two thousand years old.

Last edited by LoboTek; 08-31-2014 at 02:52 AM.
LoboTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:07 AM   #9
blaksteez
PRODIGAL SUN

blaksteez crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggy View Post
I wil get to killah priest later, but gza claims to not read much, but as I've shown you in past threads, whole lines were taken from a book.

Here is one line he did not change much. He took it from the 'apocrypha: wisdom' chapter 4 verse 9. He used it as his last line on the older gods forever album.

'But wisdom is the grey hair unto men, and AN UNSPOTTED LIFE IS OLD AGE.'

Anyway, I will do more focussing on KP in this thread sometime later.

Marinate on the Gza/Genius taking lines from the bible with little modification to make the line his.
Yo what are you trying to imply with this post? Are you saying KP takes rhymes from bible and tries to pass it off as his? Cos if thats so then no offence but thats total bullshit. If you know anything about KP youd know he is well versed in the the bible etc and uses these lines to put his vision and message across clearer knowing that those who have read the bible and similar scripture will recognise these quotes etc. I mean come on man KP wouldnt have dropped Heavy Mental in that fashion if he wasnt studying the bible . Its commin Knowledge. So forgive me if ive got the wrong idea on your pist but I think if youre trying to suggest KP, GZA or mostly any other educated MC quoting a religious text in his verse us claiming it as therez.. Tgats just stupid and missing the whole point completely. Go read up on some old KP intderviews and educatecyourself on where hes coming from! The knowing will know why they did this Peace

Last edited by blaksteez; 08-31-2014 at 03:23 AM.
blaksteez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:19 AM   #10
blaksteez
PRODIGAL SUN

blaksteez crouching tiger

Another thing listen to Highway Robbery on GZAs Legend of A Liquid Sword LP, uou will realise how deep he goes lyrically about rhymes being bitten and people not knowing the originator, if you check his rhyme scheme and flow closely , you'll realise its a Big Daddy Kane song..."Aint no half stepping" now you think he bit this off BDK? Not at all, its what you call paying homage , but only the trained ears and those that know will clock this. I thought it was amazing the way GZA took time out to do this in such a well crafted way. If you haven't checked this out, go check em and youll realise GZA aint about plagerism at all.. neither KP! Peace
blaksteez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:21 AM   #11
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaksteez View Post
Another thing listen to Highway Robbery on GZAs Legend of A Liquid Sword LP, uou will realise how deep he goes lyrically about rhymes being bitten and people not knowing the originator, if you check his rhyme scheme and flow closely , you'll realise its a Big Daddy Kane song..."Aint no half stepping" now you think he bit this off BDK? Not at all, its what you call paying homage , but only the trained ears and those that know will clock this. I thought it was amazing the way GZA took time out to do this in such a well crafted way. If you haven't checked this out, go check em and youll realise GZA aint about plagerism at all.. neither KP! Peace
yes absolutely love this too

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:00 PM   #12
diggy
The ABBOTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaksteez View Post
Yo what are you trying to imply with this post? Are you saying KP takes rhymes from bible and tries to pass it off as his? Cos if thats so then no offence but thats total bullshit. If you know anything about KP youd know he is well versed in the the bible etc and uses these lines to put his vision and message across clearer knowing that those who have read the bible and similar scripture will recognise these quotes etc. I mean come on man KP wouldnt have dropped Heavy Mental in that fashion if he wasnt studying the bible . Its commin Knowledge. So forgive me if ive got the wrong idea on your pist but I think if youre trying to suggest KP, GZA or mostly any other educated MC quoting a religious text in his verse us claiming it as therez.. Tgats just stupid and missing the whole point completely. Go read up on some old KP intderviews and educatecyourself on where hes coming from! The knowing will know why they did this Peace

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...reaker+breaker

Old 08-31-2014, 11:02 PM   #13
diggy
The ABBOTT

The Apocrypha: Wisdom

Chapter 11, verse 20:

Yea, and without these might they have fallen down with one blast, being persecuted of vengeance, and scattered abroad through the breath of thy power: but thou hast ordered all things in measure and number and weight.

Gza - Swordsman

And deliver all things in number and weight
Searched to death on how living things relate

Old 08-31-2014, 11:24 PM   #14
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

GZA not reading much, I would have assumed the opposite was true
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:49 PM   #15
diggy
The ABBOTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
GZA not reading much, I would have assumed the opposite was true
Exactly.

CHeck this vid @ 1:00 minute.