news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 02-05-2011, 02:49 PM   #16
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

thats a hard one....

like it has been stated in this thread big l delivery was impeccable......chino xl who ive been a fan of for a minute sometimes forces his delivery check the second verse on "what the fuck you looking at"

one of my favorite line by him is the "i'll never drag like they do black men in texas"

i think chino would putup a great attempt but l delivery would win him over

btw vakill is another ill punchline emcee from the 4 songs i've heard from him
Old 02-05-2011, 03:15 PM   #17
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The one thing that Big L has that Chino XL doesn't is the ability to spit punchline after punchline without sounding like a cornball.
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #18
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this is one "vs." competition that actually makes sense! Big L has the best flow and delivery in hip-hop history (don't debate me, it's a fact), but Chino XL has better punchlines, if only for the fact that he lived longer and made more recordings. lyrics wise, who knows, but I'd go for Big L. their debut albums are dope, though not sure which is better. Chino's was more versatile, that's for sure.... and I guess Chino deserves some credit for giving birth to Eminem!
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:42 PM   #19
nyminute

nyminute shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecknowledgist View Post
The one thing that Big L has that Chino XL doesn't is the ability to spit punchline after punchline without sounding like a cornball.
My thoughts exactly, his verse on Da Graveyard has him drop punchline after punchline.
nyminute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:02 PM   #20
Mr. R&B
Drunkdouche

Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mr. R&B Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

It all boils down to personal opinion.

Both MC's are incredible, both deserve mention among the greats as far as technicality is concerned.

But Big L has more votes based on the posthumous respect angle.

Hip-Hop is better for having both of them take part...

However, I'll take Chino, based solely on my preference.

How can one lose everything when one has nothing to lose???
Mr. R&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #21
theDZA
ADEPT

theDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkeytheDZA iron monkey

Big L....chino is ill tho

'A tech nine is my utensil ,
Fillin' niggas with so much led they can use they dick for a pencil'

- that is one of my favourite's from Big L
Old 02-05-2011, 10:43 PM   #22
David Daniel Davis
N.I.

David Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
this is one "vs." competition that actually makes sense! Big L has the best flow and delivery in hip-hop history (don't debate me, it's a fact), but Chino XL has better punchlines, if only for the fact that he lived longer and made more recordings. lyrics wise, who knows, but I'd go for Big L. their debut albums are dope, though not sure which is better. Chino's was more versatile, that's for sure.... and I guess Chino deserves some credit for giving birth to Eminem!
Yes; there definitely would not be Eminem without Chino XL; you can really tell he is Chino XL inspired.
David Daniel Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:47 PM   #23
Kenny Powers
quik one

Kenny Powers drunken mastaKenny Powers drunken mastaKenny Powers drunken masta

i dont think Big L would lose a battle to anyone
Old 02-06-2011, 03:41 PM   #24
WooHa
Avant-garde

WooHa drunken mastaWooHa drunken masta

That's reaally tough
WooHa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:33 PM   #25
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Chino would rip L apart.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:28 PM   #26
Apocalypse
PRODIGAL SUN

Apocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal son

Big L everytime!

btw, Big L is one of the GOAT´s. ( but everybody already knows that )

nuff said.
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:07 AM   #27
KJR
Master Ninja

^Both Chino and Pun were/are better than L imo. L's got a good punchlines but his real attribute is his ability to flow.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:54 AM   #28
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Big L. Chino XL is a corny simile rapper.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #29
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbongcilvaringz View Post
Big L. Chino XL is a corny simile rapper.
I see where you're coming from but he was more than just a simile rapper. Check out "Kreep", "Ghetto Vampire", "What Am I?" etc. Em took Chino's style and made it cornier than it originally was.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:16 AM   #30
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i've listened to his shit and thought it was good at some point. revisiting, it's all pretty bad and as a rapper he's pretty poor.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote